Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

imaginaryrose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

Is it possible for different actors to have different basic attacks? Meaning, when I choose attack for my archer can the range for the skill be larger than choosing attack with my swordsman? I've installed Yanfly's Weapon Unleash which replaces the attack skill, as expected, but still draws the range info from the plugin parameter, action range.

Is that something that's available now or can/will be added in a future update? Fingers crossed. This tactics system is basically perfect for my game and I don't want to cut the archer.:kaojoy:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@NesliK hi! the plugin is not compatible with many other plugins because it rewrites the battle manager. also because i write all my scripts myself for my game so I don't pay attention. i'll try to rewrite the battle manager to make it compatible with more external plugins. but you have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for that.

@imaginaryrose hi! it seems to me that you can add the tag <range:diamond 1> for a specific weapon to the database in note section.

imaginaryrose

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The weapon! Of course it was a simple (and obvious) solution.:kaosigh:

Thanks!

Edit: Are there any plans for a victory scene add on? Even a simple one to tell the player about enemy drops?

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: Are there any plans for a victory scene add on? Even a simple one to tell the player about enemy drops?
you get the basic end message if you are not using the ExpSystem add-on. else the rewards (gold and drop items) will be added when killing an enemy in the future.

rafaelleon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This plugin seems really cool! Really ideal for my project. I have a couple of questions, and forgive me if they are too basic:
1- Is this compatible with parallax mapping?
2- Is there a way to add actor animations to the on map battle, that is, have the actor move in a certain way instead of only showing the battle effect (e.g. slash)?

Thanks!

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This plugin seems really cool! Really ideal for my project. I have a couple of questions, and forgive me if they are too basic:
1- Is this compatible with parallax mapping?
2- Is there a way to add actor animations to the on map battle, that is, have the actor move in a certain way instead of only showing the battle effect (e.g. slash)?

Thanks!
1) i don't know! i've never tried, so he might be in trouble.
2) unfortunately no. you need to extend the Sprite_BattlerTs class in javascript.
thanks!

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
This is a plugin thread but I have to say, I got in the demo expecting tactical battles and got my wig snatched at the really moving writing and that minigame. The story is a classic trope, but it's so well written I was. not. expecting. that. Bravo, amigo!

Taria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is a fantastic plugin, and EXACTLY what I've been looking for, for ages!

However I have 2 massive problems, that everyone else don't seem to have for some reason!

My problem is that the whole <mvp:int> doesn't work at all for me. I can't for the life of me find out what the problem is, so everyone is stuck at moving the Default amount.

The other problem is; I want to have a new actor appear in the middle of battle. However any event I create will appear at the start of battle right after the whole "Battle Start" sequence, even if they need switches (that aren't On, and don't ever get turned on) to appear!

Please help me cause I would REALLY REALLY love to work with this plugin!

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My problem is that the whole <mvp:int> doesn't work at all for me. I can't for the life of me find out what the problem is, so everyone is stuck at moving the Default amount.
normally mvp only works for the note section for actors and events but not for classes. i thought i solved this problem but apparently i didn't. anyway i will fix it for 1.2 as i rewrite all the movement params. apology! you can download the demo for 1.1 here. if you can't solve your problem, you can send me your project with exclude unused files in pm.

The other problem is; I want to have a new actor appear in the middle of battle. However any event I create will appear at the start of battle right after the whole "Battle Start" sequence, even if they need switches (that aren't On, and don't ever get turned on) to appear!
unfortunately you can't get allied reinforcements. it only works for enemies as in the basic rpg maker battle system. it'll be a long time before I can update this.

Last edited:

QuietPenguin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*deleted -- answered my own question*

Last edited:

rafaelleon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1) i don't know! i've never tried, so he might be in trouble.
2) unfortunately no. you need to extend the Sprite_BattlerTs class in javascript.
thanks!
Thanks for your response! Unfortunately the system doesn't seem to work properly with TDDP's BindPicturesToMap for parallax. Not that it's a must for me at this point. :) I might test it with Yanfly's Doodads at some point.

Meanwhile, I just tested the plugin and the demo as a whole. Fantastic work indeed. Super easy to use even for a complete programming newbie like me. I'll probably use it and experiment more with it in a project.

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been using your battle system so far and am loving it!

I am wondering, is it possible to do counter attacks right now?

Taria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Great plugin!
It would be really neat if it was possible to change the amount of movement per turn with states as well.
To make like a slow or a hasten spell.
And maybe if it could be compatible with YEP Battlecore.

Mooshry

BTS has consumed my very existence help.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how do i make random battles with this? like it takes you to a separate map where 4 random enemies spawn, and then when the battle's over it takes you back to where you were?

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am wondering, is it possible to do counter attacks right now?
you can use the default counter attack in traits of the database (ex-parameter). if you want a counter attack like in fire emblem, you have to rewrite in js the counter attack of rpg maker.

It would be really neat if it was possible to change the amount of movement per turn with states as well.
To make like a slow or a hasten spell.
And maybe if it could be compatible with YEP Battlecore.
it will be in the next update. you can use items, classes or states for buff/debuff (addition or subtraction) move with a tag in the note section. an example with the celerity skill that adds a buff move state. otherwise, no compatibility with yep battle core.

how do i make random battles with this? like it takes you to a separate map where 4 random enemies spawn, and then when the battle's over it takes you back to where you were?
no it isn't possible to make random battles. otherwise create multiple battle map or the player is randomly teleported to one of the battle map.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
great plugin! One question - Is there a way to get enemies to use skills/spells? I gave an enemy the use of a spell, but it only walks up and uses regular attacks. Just wondering if that is an advanced feature that you did not put in, or if I am something wrong. Thank you. :)

VermillionSon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Greetings!

This is an absolutely wonderful plugin, and I've been having a lot of fun messing around with it. I have a few questions I'd like to ask, though.

1.) I've been trying to make a Fire Emblem-type game with this plugin, and I'd like to know if there is a way to enable counterattacks, so the player's units can deal damage during enemy phase and vice versa.

2.) Can I disable the adjacent enemy/ally display in the side view battler? I've gotten a plugin to allow actors to be enemies, and it's rather difficult to see an actor behind something like a bat.

3.) Is there a way to make effect tiles, such as a tile that increases Defense and Resistance when standing on it, or a heal tile that restores x amount of HP to a unit? Sorry if this is something in the base game, it's been a bit.

Again, this plugin is awesome, thank you!

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, I've been trying to use https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/counter-after-hit.51946/ with it to no avail however, even though it only modifies the counter properties.
maybe try to replace BattleManager into BattleManagerTS of your counter script. in the next version 1.2, i've replaced battlemanagerts into battlemanager for more compatibility with other scripts. but not sure if it works because this script rewrites battle manager.

great plugin! One question - Is there a way to get enemies to use skills/spells? I gave an enemy the use of a spell, but it only walks up and uses regular attacks. Just wondering if that is an advanced feature that you did not put in, or if I am something wrong. Thank you.
normally enemies can use the skills unless the version is broken? it's the same way to assign skills to enemies with the database. the only new condition is the skill range. so check that you have assigned a range to the skills and that they have a high score in action pattern of enemy.

1.) I've been trying to make a Fire Emblem-type game with this plugin, and I'd like to know if there is a way to enable counterattacks, so the player's units can deal damage during enemy phase and vice versa.

2.) Can I disable the adjacent enemy/ally display in the side view battler? I've gotten a plugin to allow actors to be enemies, and it's rather difficult to see an actor behind something like a bat.

3.) Is there a way to make effect tiles, such as a tile that increases Defense and Resistance when standing on it, or a heal tile that restores x amount of HP to a unit? Sorry if this is something in the base game, it's been a bit.
1) you can use the default counter attack in traits of the database (ex-parameter). if you want a counter attack like in fire emblem, you have to rewrite in js the counter attack of rpg maker.
2) i'm currently working on it. but it seems to be more complicated than i thought and i'm not using it for my game. so it's a waste of my time and i'm thinking about abbort on rewriting the combat scene.
3) no, there are no terrain properties. i might write an add-on for my game but right now i'm on other priorities.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
OMG! Im a huge fan of the FE series! And I cannot wait to see what I can tinker with using this plugin! Thank you so much for sharing your work! ^_^ <3 :)

Btw, if I use the Combat Scenes to get the FE look, will I also be able to use Action Sequences? (is it compatible with Yanfly's plugins?) Sorry if its been asked already.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A good way to mix your own music? What's the learning curve on that?
Would it be better to pay a composer?
What theme for the next windowskin? You'll decide. Tell what you wanna see and I'll try for.
I just saw in a manga an interesting mechanic - setting up a stationary teleport beacon that one can go to no matter where one is in a dungeon. I think it'll work with a similar setup to how I did my airship transition.

Ooh what if you could set up multiple beacons and choose from a list of the beacons you set up?

Hmm...
Actor2_1 added!

Is the running performance of MZ output to Android platform smoother than MV output?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
germanquera