Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Btw, if I use the Combat Scenes to get the FE look, will I also be able to use Action Sequences? (is it compatible with Yanfly's plugins?) Sorry if its been asked already.
with version 1.1 this is not compatible. with version 1.2, i don't know. i rewrote the battle manager for more compatibility with other plugins. the demo of the 1.2 prerelease is being uploaded.

- finally, i fixed the combat scene in 1.2 (adjacent enemy/ally display in the side view battler).
- you can also buff/debuff the movement with the tag <Ts-parameter:Move +3> with an object/state/class.
- you can skip the combat scene with the tag <Skip Combat:false> for an item or skill. actor/enemy events are set transparency after the battle.
- i have also renamed the names of the plugin and its add-ons for more convenience in the plugin manager.
- and a lot of fixes!
i will make a more detailed patch note when the demo is uploaded. and I also think this will be the last one. thanks.

edit: https://github.com/belmoussaoui/Tactics-System/releases/tag/v.1.2

Last edited:

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
maybe try to replace BattleManager into BattleManagerTS of your counter script. in the next version 1.2, i've replaced battlemanagerts into battlemanager for more compatibility with other scripts. but not sure if it works because this script rewrites battle manager.
Unfortunately doesn't work, but hopefully 1.2 may fix it! Also not sure if this is a bug or not, but the default battle speed seems to reset for enemies (mines set to 5, but unless I go to options to again set it to 5, the enemies move at 1 speed). Party members move fine though.

EDIT:
Gave 1.2 a try and countering works! So far so good, only issue I'm having is how to call the hide the battle prep screen so I can run an event beforehand. It worked on 1.1 but the call is different now

BattleManager.mapWindow.deactivate();

BattleManager.mapWindow.hide();

Last edited:

rrrllll

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
THANKS a LOT for the update!!!! So happy you are still working on it.

I believe all commands and systaxes remain the same?

BTW,
Is teleport 1.2 not compatible with Battlesystem 1.1?
Actually I modified things already, and just want to get the teleport menu not returning bug fixed.

Edit:
Or maybe I should try everything 1.2 first.

Last edited:

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Commands should be different, I tried 1.2 and the old commands didn't work. Trying to figure out how to hide/open the preparation phase menu in 1.2 so I can do cutscenes pre battle.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes the plugin commands and note tag have changed! you can see them in the plugin itself in the help section or in the demo.
Trying to figure out how to hide/open the preparation phase menu in 1.2 so I can do cutscenes pre battle.
i'll add that in a few days as plugin command. if you have any other problems/bugs with 1.2, please report them. it's a pre-release!

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hi again! You know how in many tactical games, instead of starting with your max MP, you instead start with 0 and then slowly gain some each turn? Doing this for actors is simple enough with some eventing, but I don't suppose there is a way to set all enemies MP to 0 at the start of a battle? No idea if this is too advanced a feature, but figured I'd ask. :)

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi again! You know how in many tactical games, instead of starting with your max MP, you instead start with 0 and then slowly gain some each turn? Doing this for actors is simple enough with some eventing, but I don't suppose there is a way to set all enemies MP to 0 at the start of a battle? No idea if this is too advanced a feature, but figured I'd ask. :)
did you try PassiveStates that trigger with Switches?
(Yep Passive states plugin required)
-a state that takes all MP off and another state that let mp grow each turn.. this should also wok with eventing and affect all battle units not just actors..
=> its just an idea and im not sure if it works..

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I'll try that! Also, for people who use this plugin, how do you handle things that would normally block the range of an attack? What I mean is, I noticed for example that my archer can shoot over houses and cliffs and everything, since the range of a skill doesn't take into account the terrain in between you and the target. :)

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@omfgkevin i've added a new parameter in the plugin manager for tactics_prepa.js. you can decide to open the preparation window automatically. this allows you to create your scenes before the battle if set to false.

You know how in many tactical games, instead of starting with your max MP, you instead start with 0 and then slowly gain some each turn? Doing this for actors is simple enough with some eventing, but I don't suppose there is a way to set all enemies MP to 0 at the start of a battle?
when the event command doesn't exist you can use the script command.
Capture d’écran 2020-07-06 à 19.59.38.png
here is the script to set to 0 the mp of the enemies that you have to trigger at the beginning of the battle. you can use the same script to make the enemies gain mp at each turn by changing the value.
Code:
$gameTroopTs.members().forEach(function(member) {
    member.gainMp(-9999);
})
What I mean is, I noticed for example that my archer can shoot over houses and cliffs and everything, since the range of a skill doesn't take into account the terrain in between you and the target. :)
the action range of the archers go through the walls in the fire emblem series. you have to write your add-on if you want to change this.

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks a lot. If I want to open back the menu, what would I enter in for a plugin command? I went into the script and tried BattlePreparation.MenuOpen for plugins but it doesn't seem to do anything.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks a lot. If I want to open back the menu, what would I enter in for a plugin command? I went into the script and tried BattlePreparation.MenuOpen for plugins but it doesn't seem to do anything.
the player just has to press escape to open the menu. it's complicated if you want to open the menu by event. in rpg maker, you can't access the current scene (it's the scene that contains the windows). i have a workable solution but i'll implement it later with plugin command. here's an ugly and temporary solution via script command (i haven't tested this) :
JavaScript:
SceneManager._scene.callMenu();

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I see, sorry for the troubles! It does indeed work fine with the script command, thanks!

Oh yes, forgot to mention one bug is in the Tactics_Basic selector speed is a plugin parameter twice (I assume one is supposed to be battle speed) Not sure if intended but battle speed is gone from options too.

Also the old ranges do not work for now (line/rectangle/diamond), so I assume they are called differently/are not yet available which is fine.

Edit:

Another bug I have encountered is with applying states. Any attack that applies states, if you scroll over an enemy it automatically applies to them even if you haven't attacked them. So like say I have a skill that applies poison,
Code:
b.addState(12);a.atk * 2 - b.def * 1
is in my attack formula. If I hover over any enemy on the map, it will apply to every enemy I hover over, even if I have not selected them to attack yet, as long as they are in attack range.

Edit2:

Also don't know if it's intended or not, but you do not gain EXP from counters (this is with/without counter attack mod), even if you kill the mob via a counter.

Last edited:

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i Wanted to try the Demo 1.2,downloaded it and tried to start..
Screenshot_1.png
.. did i do something wrong or is it buged?

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see, sorry for the troubles! It does indeed work fine with the script command, thanks!
there may be other problems, so don't hesitate to bring them to my attention.

Oh yes, forgot to mention one bug is in the Tactics_Basic selector speed is a plugin parameter twice (I assume one is supposed to be battle speed) Not sure if intended but battle speed is gone from options too.
yes i removed the tactics_config that allow the player to configure some parameters of the battle in the options. because i had to make two different versions, one for my game that had specific options and that I think wasn't compatible with the other plugins for options. i will add in a few days a parameter for the speed of actors/enemies.

Also the old ranges do not work for now (line/rectangle/diamond), so I assume they are called differently/are not yet available which is fine.
i just added them, just download the latest version. here is the new command to specify a range: <Range:1>, <Range:0 1>, <Range:0 1 diamond>
the three tags define a diamond-shaped distance range 1. you can more easily define a minimum distance with the second tag (e.g. for archers).

Another bug I have encountered is with applying states. Any attack that applies states, if you scroll over an enemy it automatically applies to them even if you haven't attacked them. So like say I have a skill that applies poison,
why not use the effects section of a skill to add a state? i guess the problem is because of the information window that simulates the skill's formula. i made a copy of the target for the information window. i think this solves the problem.

Also don't know if it's intended or not, but you do not gain EXP from counters (this is with/without counter attack mod), even if you kill the mob via a counter.
i've updated. counter-attacks allow the actor to gain experience points.

i Wanted to try the Demo 1.2,downloaded it and tried to start..
it's strange, i re-downloaded the demo and it works at home except that I forgot to set the player's starting position at start map. what is your version of rpg maker? i use 1.6.2.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it's strange, i re-downloaded the demo and it works at home except that I forgot to set the player's starting position at start map. what is your version of rpg maker? i use 1.6.2.
@arleq1n
im using RPG Maker MV 1.6.1
(but it workt with an earlier demo Version)
-and changing the starting position did had no affect on the Bug

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dopan can you copy/paste or screenshot the console message (press F8) and how you get the error.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you use a gamepad? haha! i had written a script for my pad a long time ago but it broke and I haven't updated it anymore. just remove tactics_mouse in the plugin manager. i'll update. thanks.

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
why not use the effects section of a skill to add a state? i guess the problem is because of the information window that simulates the skill's formula. i made a copy of the target for the information window. i think this solves the problem.
Thanks for all the updates! I did this because the skill section for adding a state does not apply before combat, only after. I made a state for counter attacks that makes it so ranged attacks (or specific attacks) do not trigger counter attacks.
This is so attacks with say 2+ range don't have this odd thing where the melee enemy slaps you from across the map. So I used the damage formula to add the -100% counter state before attacking, then after attacking I use the actual skill section to remove the state. Not sure if there is an easier way.

Dopan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you use a gamepad? haha! i had written a script for my pad a long time ago but it broke and I haven't updated it anymore. just remove tactics_mouse in the plugin manager. i'll update. thanks.
before u update it u probably want to add this..:
Screenshot_1.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi