Tactics System 1.2 (Tactical Battle System)

Queen

RPG Maker MV Newbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just tried out v1.2 demo. Very cool stuff :D

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Seems with the newest update the states do not show anymore if you scroll over characters etc, though now the formula doesn't work at all unfortunately. b.addState(12);a.atk * 2 - b.def * 1 used to work, now it will just result in 0 damage being dealt and no state application.

KARAKURT

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello. Will there be a version of this battle system for RPG MAKER MZ?

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems with the newest update the states do not show anymore if you scroll over characters etc, though now the formula doesn't work at all unfortunately. b.addState(12);a.atk * 2 - b.def * 1 used to work, now it will just result in 0 damage being dealt and no state application.
i don't have the problem that I assume is due to a specific configuration. i used the following formula for the attack skill where state 4 is poison.
Capture d’écran 2020-07-08 à 09.04.17.png
and this is the result in video.
just try to keep the tactics_basic and check your actors/enemies data. if you can't find it, you can send me your project in pm with just the minimum to reproduce the problem.

edit: i've tried with the state counter and unit can't counterattack directly. he has to wait for the next move. it seems to me it's the same with the default battle system.

Hello. Will there be a version of this battle system for RPG MAKER MZ?
hi! i can't tell now. they haven't shown the script part yet. if it's not a lot of work. besides, I'm sure there'll be a better tactical battle system for mz later. some things need to be destroyed to be rebuilt better!

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Will do some tests for it before, but I have been using a counter attack script (himeworks counter after hit) that allows taking a hit before countering.

Edit:

After some testing, it seems the issue is that specifically the counter parameter state doesn't apply until after combat is over, which is weird. Other ones work like making atk = 0%, but the states don't remove themselves at the end of combat. If I try to set it in the effects category, it immediately removes the state so the enemy will still counter, and if i do
Code:
b.addState(12);a.atk * 2 - b.def * 1;b.removeState(12);
my attack literally does 0 damage for some reason.

This is on the demo with the current up to date scripts + hime counter.

If I do removeState at the end, it just doesn't work. If I put it in effects, it applies immediately before enemy attack.

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After some testing, it seems the issue is that specifically the counter parameter state doesn't apply until after combat is over, which is weird.
it's not really weird because the decision of a counterattack is decided before the evaluation of the formula. it's not really a problem of this plugin because it's the same as the default battle system. before it worked because it applied the formula before the execution of the action.

my attack literally does 0 damage for some reason.
the formula is evaluated only once during the execution of the action. and it is the last instruction that defines the damage (b.addState(b); in your example). in addition, it is like adding a state and removing it immediately.

what you need is to add a state before the action and remove it after the action. i think this is possible but not with the skill formula.

the easiest way to do this will be to write a script. as being curious, i quickly wrote a script to simulate a counterattack like in the fire emblem series. it's experimental and i can't support this plugin. i have to fix all the problems of the basic system first.

Counter Attack applies the same formula as the last fire emblem for the double attack. it checks that action.speed() > b.agi + 4 [action.speed() = a.agi + action.speed]. you can manually change this directly in the script but I should normally write a parameter directly accessible from the plugin manager. distance ranged attacks are not counter like archers are. as i said, this is a script I wrote quickly and is probably full of little problems that I can't fix now or forever. i also added a tag <Can Counter:false> for a skill but I don't know if it works because I never tried it.

edit: actually, I don't know if it works with the current version on github. maybe you should wait until I push the new version.

Attachments

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll give it a wait then until everything is stable then, and use what we have for now since the countering can be applied afterwards. Looking forward to future updates!

huoixn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad to see it updated. Thank you very much
I downloaded 1.2, and when I killed two bats, the screen turned black and there was no new scene.
Should I modify the initial position of the character myself?
What's new about skills? Like magic attacking multiple targets at the same time?

Last edited:

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I downloaded 1.2, and when I killed two bats, the screen turned black and there was no new scene.
i've added a fade out option at the end of the battle in the plugin manager. so you have to use the fade in command after the battle. this helps to prepare for the post-battle scene. i think i'll set false by default in the next update.

Like magic attacking multiple targets at the same time?
the skills can attack several targets at the same time. it must be specified in the database as in the default system (scope).

write me if you have any other fixes for 1.2.

huoixn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for your answer, I will test it with more

Robablo_Comics

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey! So i've been working on my own game with this system but for some reason whenever I start a battle i'm unable to move the cursor or select any of my party members on the map. It's a really weird glitch and I can't seem to figure out what's causing it. I tried disabling other plugins, messing with events before the battle process, changing the Parameters of the fight, but nothing seems to change it. What do you think might be causing this problem?
Thanks for the help!

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really like how easy it is to use this plugin. I am thinking of changing to this plugin for my tactical RPG project. I just have a question. How does the AI determine who to attack? EX: Closest enemy, enemy with least amount of hp, etc.

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you think might be causing this problem?
if the battle doesn't seem to be updating, it's probably because an event is in autorun. the process that initiates the battle must only be in parallel! If that's the case, please let me know so that I can update the system because you are not the first person to make this mistake.

How does the AI determine who to attack? EX: Closest enemy, enemy with least amount of hp, etc.
the artificial intelligence is inspired by rpg maker for the basic version. it calculates the score of valid actions of all tiles. the enemy will go to the tile with the best score. if you are js writer, you can rewrite the behavior of the artificial intelligence to find position with the method Game_Enemy.prototype.findPosition (line 2900 actually). if more than one tile with the same score, the nearest tile is chosen.

for target selection if more than one, it uses the same method as rpg maker. by default it's random.

Robablo_Comics

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
m to be updating, it's probably because an event is in autorun. the process that initiates the battle must only be in parallel! If that's the case, please let me know so that I can update the system because you are not the first person to make this mistake.
Yep! That was the problem! It would probably be easiest for everyone if you just add to the documentation or readme file that it must be in a parallel event. Thanks for the help!!

arleq1n

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yep! That was the problem! It would probably be easiest for everyone if you just add to the documentation or readme file that it must be in a parallel event. Thanks for the help!!
in fact, it is indicated in the help section of the plugin in 1.2. anyway, i'll try to update to fix it.

Today, I saw a demonstration of friendly units fighting that are not controlled by players.
LCK_TMSRPG
it's already possible. you have to specify that the actor is in auto battle in the database traits. actors are stupid and sometimes do actions that are useless but is not a problem for me. however, i just noticed that there are bugs like two actors can be on the same tile or some actor does nothing because of some acquired skills. i will fix that.

huoixn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you need to refer to this script? I can send it to you.
PS: can the agility value attribute determine the order of action of each unit or alternate actions between enemy and enemy.

Last edited:

Jowy68

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French, English
Primarily Uses
I love this plugin :)
Quick question though, how would I go if I made a skill that has a range of 3 (line), the enemy being at the farthest range, i want to target that enemy, and have damage also done to the ones adjecent to him that are not in the range of the skill itself (like an exploding arrow, or grenade) . (sorry for the bad wording)

huoixn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found a good plug-in again. Maybe you want to see it?

rrrllll

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
May I know if this 1.2 is finalized yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Let us be absolutely clear about this: "
Miss posting updates of my projects here...miss having time to work on my projects
I'm not sure if it's okay or not, I update it often because I think it's not.
Ami
--- Dumped ---

Hero: Please go out with me!
F.Healer: (Silent In 10 Seconds) I refuse.
Hero: ???
F.Healer: I don't want my friendship with F.Mage is ruined because i'm in your side. so...i'm sorry. (Running)
Hero: (Glass Break SFX)
I really wish to have listened someone's advice regarding writing, because I'm a little stuck.

Guys, if you have a whole story in mind, and you strongly believe it's going to work, make the effort of writing it. Because if you get stuck in a scene, you might have to re-assess it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aheronamedhawke