Shugo

Low Life Hiomaika Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Celianna no problem! So far the game is really good! So GJGJ
I thought at first that the black haired man was going to make things boil a bit in some way.

And for a few seconds I thought that the one who was going to flirt with the protagonist was going to be his cousin...

And sweats a lot I picked the kiss expecting him to flip out at that or something or NTR scenario if it wasn't Neil ooops.

ElieTaping

Zzz... Sleep Sleep Sleep~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh noice! Gotta try it....

Lestroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Hey Cel,

I playtested the beta of your game, because your wonderful art style got me curious :) Usually, I don't playe these kind of games, because... I don't know. It's not really an aversion, but visual novels often seem either not that interesting to me or have purely sexual content. So please take this feedback with a grain of salt of a formerly VN-virgin.

- Which character are you most interested in?
Neil as a young boy was the first interesting character for me. After meeting Sarah for the first time, I found her more interesting.

- Are you okay with following a single character's story, without the appearance of the other main characters?
Do you mean the other available bachelors? I have to say that there was one moment in the game where I wondered how the stories of the different might interfere with one another. It would have been more interesting for me to see how Neil interacts with other characters than the protagonist.

- Are you okay with two endings, none of them which are a bad ending?
Th-there were two endings? :o I felt like the ending I got was the "bad ending", or a cliffhanger :(

- Are you interested in making clothes, or do you just want to read the story?

I am actually VERY interested in making clothes or engaging otherwise in some kind of simulation (crafting, trading, I don't know). I felt like the game would really profit from breaks between the chapters, as the story of Neil bred pretty strong feelings within me, so I wouldn't say now to other activities that could bring me down a little bit.

- Is it important the main character looks like you, or are able to customize to whatever you want?
It's not at all important to me. There often were times where I felt disconnected from the main character. We are just that different in some aspects, you can't help. So I'm totally okay to design the protagonist in a way I imagine her.

- Do you think the design of the menu is clean and clear as to what each option means?
Even though I preferred the other style in your screenshots, I have to say that the menu looked very clean, clear and intuitive to me.

- Are you okay with having one guy released at a time, instead of waiting a long time for all of them to be finished?
Personally I prefer to have every guy available, but seeing as you want to focus on one bachelor at a time I'd support releasing them in intervals.

- Do you want to be able to romance your own best friend, Sarah?
Well, since you did ask, yes. I would not say not to that option.

And now, after all these questions I noticed that these were not the recent ones...

– Did you like the added sound bites for Neil, the sighs and grunts? Or would you prefer to do without?
I'm not sure on this one. Generally you could say, that I love such sound bits, but in some situations (and the first two) felt kind of weird. I just can't point my finger on what it was. Maybe there were too few sounds in general? They sometimes caught me by surprise. And I honestly didn't like the vibration of the mobile phone at all - it started too late or lasted too long. The text was already running or fully displayed. That bothered me.

– Do you think the backgrounds are interesting enough?
Yes, for me they are interesting enough.

– Would you prefer an actual drawn portrait sprite for the grandma?
Personally I would prefer an actual portrait.

– How long did it take you to complete chapters 1 through 12?
I think it took me roughly 2 hours. My last save is displaying 1:42 and the last chapter is pretty long.

– How many fierce points and kind points did you score at the end?

I got 10 fierce points and I think 8 kind points.

– Were you initially fooled during chapter 12, thinking it was Neil?
Yes, I totally expected Neil to be the one bumping into me.

– Did it become obvious the black haired man was Neil instead?
As soon as this new mysterious guy entered the scene I had a feeling that it would be him. Didn't Neil mention before that mask balls are so much fun because you can pretend to be someelse and everyone looks nothing like normally?

– Do you like or hate Neil’s new sprite?
I preferred the sprite with the purple hair. The masked one I liked too - until he lifted his mask. I'm not very good in recognizing faces in general, so I didn't recognize it was truly Neil in the last Cutsene.

– Did you spot the falling star?
So there WAS a shooting star! It was not imagination! Wohoo! I'm not crazy! ...yet.

– Did you like the CGs and which one was your favourite?
I was surprised by the CGs. My favourite ones were the first with Neil hiding in the bar and the one where the protagonist falls with him on the floor.

– Did the second CG properly display your selected hair colour and skin tone?
I think it did, but to be honest I wasn't paying attention to that.

– Did your opinion of Neil change? Do you like him more now, or hate him even more?
Oh my gosh, YES! It did! D: I swear, this guy...! First, I liked him. He seemed to be the usual rude-on-the-surface-but-actually-really-handsome kind of person, but he went to such extremes that honestly in some encounters there just wasn't the proper choice to select how I would have reacted to him! When meeting him at the ball, wearing the mask and the black hair - even though it seemed obvious to me that this must be Neil, I always had this slight little doubt about it. Neil was just so... very different. He acted totally lovely, suspicious lovely, that I really wondered at some points in the last chapter if this might be some new bachelor you can chose if you didn't enjoyed your time with Neil. But that wouldn't have made any sense, so close to the end. And oh my god, how he acted when the two were alone outside. Too sweet, like... pick-up-artist too sweet. I wasn't sure the whole time if he just... plays with 'me', really.

But please don't get me wrong! Even though my aversion for Neil grew after time, I really, REALLY enjoyed the journey. I loved the whole design of him, I loved how he made me hate him, how he nurtured this sweet seed of doubt at the end. And everything around it. The story or better Neils behaviour was very familiar on one hand and unprecedenced on the other - at least for me. But I don't play VN at all. It was new to me that a character could get under my skin like he did.

– Which chapter did you enjoy the most?
I think I enjoyed the last chapter the most. I liked just everything about it, the theme, the characters, the puzzling interaction with those characters..

– Do you want to know what happens next?
Oh, yes, how I want to know that...

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lestroth thank you for playing and the lovely feedback! :)

Just want to point out there haven't been any endings yet - you are reading the first 12 chapters of Neil's route, out of 32 planned chapters.

I'm not sure on this one. Generally you could say, that I love such sound bits, but in some situations (and the first two) felt kind of weird. I just can't point my finger on what it was. Maybe there were too few sounds in general? They sometimes caught me by surprise.
Are you saying you want more and varied soundbites? I am trying to get my voice actor to do another session with me so I can add more varied responses.

And I honestly didn't like the vibration of the mobile phone at all - it started too late or lasted too long. The text was already running or fully displayed. That bothered me.
Perhaps this was confusing for you because the vibration sfx would only play if you received a text, not when you're the one texting. The sfx are timed to the messages you receive.

Thank you for the feedback on Neil and what you thought of him! Can't tell if you like him less, or more now, after the end of chapter 12 haha. He does start off on the wrong foot - constantly belittling you, or provoking you, which is why chapter 12 is such a stark contrast to his usual self. Maybe he had his reasons, maybe he was planning on fooling you all along ... but you'll find out in the next few chapters!

Chapter 12 was my favourite as well - it was the first one I wrote chronologically, and everything else was based on what happened in this chapter.

Lestroth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
@Celianna You are welcome!
Phew, I'm relieved that this wasn't the ending or anywhere near the end! I could imagine that the masquerade at the ball will confuse a lot of players when they know there are so many more chapters yet to come. Somehow I wish the mystery of the black haired man being Neil lasted just a little longer. Chapter 12 definitely is my favourite part! I already had a feeling that this was your most anticipated moment in the story (at least until now), because it's pretty obvious how much you enjoyed writing that part. At the end I was fully absorbed within the game. Very well done!

Are you saying you want more and varied soundbites? I am trying to get my voice actor to do another session with me so I can add more varied responses.

I had to replay some chapters to answer your questions. Let's assume you'd have unlimited resources, then I would wish for more soundbits in general, for example more "environmental sound" like writing down on paper with a pencil or stretching the measuring tape (when taking measurements), typing with a keyboard (when Joselina uses the computer) or moving furniture. So, general stuff. I'd also wish for soundbits for Joselina and (definitely!) for Sarah. My problem is basically that in some parts there is so much silence that I get used to it, so that the next soundbits surprise me all of a sudden. The second chapter had a very good use of soundbits, but later in the game there were many occasions where Joselina was on her own, absorbed in thought. That lead to moments where I missed those more subtle sounds, indicating what she's doing by the way.

Otherwise I like the already existing sounds very much. They suit the atmosphere very well, as well as the music. I'm also totally satisfied with the variety of Neil's sounds. I think you already have enough to work with, but I have one more nit-pick to share in peculiar: In chapter 2, when you meet Neil for the very first time, he utters a pretty gentle "D'aaaw..." (or something similiar) while the text states that he shouts "Gah!" - that was a bit confusing. The rest of the soundbits are very well selected.

Perhaps this was confusing for you because the vibration sfx would only play if you received a text, not when you're the one texting. The sfx are timed to the messages you receive.

I checked on that twice, because I wasn't sure if maybe that was the case, but it wasn't. The vibration sound lasts pretty much exactly as long as Neils text needs to display without me pressing A. Personally, I wouldn't mind a small break between the sound playing and the text showing. That would give me the impression that Joselina needs to grab her mobile phone first before reading Neils message.

At this point I can't stand him anymore! But that's okay for me. He's probably just not someone I would have further (romantically) interest in. But even if I did feel differently about many of the situations Joselina had to endure with him, I nearly always could understand how and why she felt about him, or the circumstances. And maybe... looking at how many chapters there are yet to come... maybe he's able to change my mind once more. We'll see if he gets his hands on my precious charge! ;)

What I'm curious about: Does the falling star have some deeper meaning in the future?

[Edit] One more spoiler tag!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lestroth I'll keep it in mind that you'd like more sfx in general! :) I fixed the phone vibrate sfx and made it much shorter now, so it should fit the 'text'. I've also added new voices for Neil, so they suit the situation more.

I come with updates! I fleshed out the character routes and their portraits, these are the official 6 bachelors of Tailor Tales:

bachelor_info_neil.png

bachelor_info_caine.png

bachelor_info_james.png

bachelor_info_sam.png

bachelor_info_dimitri.png

bachelor_info_aiden.png

Those who have played Neil know that's not the only thing to his story (meeting when you're kids), as each story is divided into arcs and spans around 60k words. There will always be twists!

Which bachelor are you most interested in trying out?

Last edited:

Vance Raehart

Story writer/Aspiring Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My niece would probably enjoy this game. I'll have my sister check this out

Titris Thrawns

It's a trap! ...Or is it?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Neil & James. Neil because Mo' Money, Mo' Problems & James due to my interest in hard-working, stoic carpenters.
- Are you okay with following a single character's story, without the appearance of the other main characters?
Yes... But cross-interaction could add fun complexity for me as a player. Also, it may be fun if there are certain story chapters where the player could 'jump over' and focus on another character story.
Slapping Neil in his chapter twelve and then 'ignoring' him a bit while learning James' story? *shrugs*
Absolutely. Having the choices have impact on endings will encourage me to replay to see the alternative. Or if laziness kicks in, I would still tout the game's virtue for having multiple endings. If there was a bad ending, I'd assume it would involve the Boutique side of the game going out of business.
Clothes making fun, for moi, would be dependent on the money making/boutique building mechanics and how it interacts with the story.
Being able to pay Neil for the damaged watch, if my boutique skills are that awesome at the time.
- Is it important the main character looks like you, or are able to customize to whatever you want?
My default position is always customize to whatever you want for games. That way I can make the MC look like myself, or just invent an avatar to roll out as.
Absolutely.

- Did you like the added sound bites for Neil, the sighs and grunts? Or would you prefer to do without?
I enjoyed it. My main focus was on the text/story, but the subtle sound bites breath life into the 'VN' without the potential immersion break a voice acting would create.
- Do you think the backgrounds are interesting enough?
Yes. I must admit I did not peer at them with a critical eye, but they primed my mind for the setting of the continuing story.
- Do you like the new scene added with the grandma? (if you've played the first beta only)
Didn't play the first Beta, so I'm unsure on the version differences. My take away from the Grandma monologue was a thoughtful talk of free will, practicality and self-sufficiency. She also built up the protag's emotional investment with her Grandma. I really enjoyed that, especially since it ramps up the 'lose' kick in the feels.
- Would you prefer an actual drawn portrait sprite for the grandma?
Nah. Outline works for me. The outline allows me to fill grandma in as my own since she appears abstract instead of Joselina's grandma. Potentially better player investment? *shrugs*
- How long did it take you to complete chapters 1 through 12?
I didn't time myself, and I am a moderately slow reader? I believe I clocked in 2-3 hours.
- How many fierce points and kind points did you score at the end?
11 Fierce & 7 Kind. And here I thought I was a teddy bear!
– Were you initially fooled during chapter 12, thinking it was Neil?
Yes. Chapter 12 was a bit of a roller coaster. I'm glad I hadn't read Angela's bio pre-play, otherwise I would have realized the deception sooner.
– Did it become obvious the black haired man was Neil instead?
Obvious is too strong a word for me. STRONG suspicion after the unmasking of purple freckle face? Absolutely. Then the kiss choice appeared and I was super torn... What if I was wrong? But choices I'll feedback/rant about later ;P
– Did you spot the falling star?
I want to say it was the mirror scene, but that makes no sense. I want to say my eyes caught something moving on the bench scene outside. Pre-dance? *shrugs* Once I do a replay, I'll make a note to keep my eyes open for it.
– Did you like the CGs and which one was your favourite?
Yes, they were/are a welcome surprise. Favorite? I suppose the first one of awkward Neil hiding behind his laptop. Least favorite was the mirror falling scene, but, that's more because of my personal bias for that trope/awkward sequence in stories :kaojoy:.
– Did the second CG properly display your selected hair colour and skin tone?
I believe so? Unfortunately, my immersion was rattled by then and I am usually unobservant of those kind of details. I'll pay more attention next time! Honest!
– Did your opinion of Neil change? Do you like him more now, or hate him even more?
Chp1: Like, Chp2-6: Buddy, lighten up, Chp7-10: Like, because as the player, I see that he cares in his affluence way. Chp12: I properly rode the emotional roller coaster till 'Fake Neil reveal', then got made that I MC knowledge didn't reflect player knowledge... Cause kissing a presumed stranger is different than 'Aww snap! I goofed but I think I see you now Neil!'. Hrmm, I should put this in my specific player feedback area. Like more is my final answer your honor!
– Do you want to know what happens next?
Yes. But my head-canon gave me a third option at the Neil reveal, 'Ask him to spend the night chatting with each other cause the faux hate/love be to much drama obama!'. My head canon doesn't help to build tension or more chapters in narratives :kaosigh:.

-Feedback specific to Choice mechanic
Overall, I like having choices. Sometimes the choices were hard for me to make, as the option I 'wanted' was not available. As the story progressed, my immersion of 'YAR THRAWNS of SUNSHINE!!! Boutique' was shaken as Joselina's personality took the reins. I made a few notes on specific choices that threw me off, why and my thoughts. I hope they may be of some use, but please discard them at your leisure. They are all opinions based on my notes as I enjoyed the game you have thus far :kaojoy:.

Chp2: [Very Minor]: I am pretty sure I was 'fierce'/talked smack with Neil over the spilling of coffee, Sarah comes in for defense/speaks for me and Neil pulls the 'speak for herself card'. I pretty sure I doubled down on fierce and he responds with "she speaks!". But... But I did speak before Sarah showed up! *Dragon uppercuts Neil*. It was weird, but makes sense since Neil is operating in troll mode.

Chp5: [Moderate?]: The watch is smashed, do I Apologize or Defend myself? Neither option felt 'right' from my player knowledge/Judgement of Neil's personality. I feel ignoring or admonishing him would have been my first action. Defend did evolve into admonish, but this choice was my first 'shake' of my immersion.

Chp6: [Moderate2.0?]: I didn't write down the choice, probably a fierce option in regards to Neil being a butthead in my shop. Neil's rant ending with "You did a fine job at wrecking my watch." was excellent and made me laugh. Player wise, I wanted to say 'Ha! Good one Neil! So true :kaocry:", but Joselina went the sad, self-reflective route instead of fierce! Similar theme with the mannequin movement interaction. This is where I start realizing the choices are not about 'Me YAR THRAWNS' but about "Joselina, who I renamed and overly projected YAR THRAWNS into!". My apologies if I am coming off like an elementary school student explaining how gravity works to a physicist!

Chp8: [Mod...Ima end ranking]: To tickle torture or not to touch? I see I was fierce, but didn't mean to be that fierce! This choice was interesting because it has Joselina acting on naive or ignorant logic. She sees herself as being mean/vengeful and upsetting Neil, while I'm like, "Poor Neil suffering from Darcy hand touch syndrome!". The immersion break truly happens here for me as the choices create duel meanings 1)Joselina is ignorant of Neil's affections and the internal monologue is her acting more 'cruel' fierce & 2)YAR THRAWNS is in full knowledge that Neil may be having some tactile relationship goofiness. My intent is 'romance/pursuit/playfulness' fierce and not intending cruelty. Neil is uncomfortable either way, so the outcome is the same, the internal monologue changes. This is also where I recognize that branching dialogue choices are a PITA.

Chp12: [New Guy!...?]: Flirt with new guy or seek Neil; whew, that was a tough one! I choose flirt, because new guy was being a Sir. My 'optimal' choice would have been, 'Build connections'. As that would be assisting the Boutique, not 'betraying' Neil (I kept fearing a fight would break out if Neil saw me flirt with Tuxedo mask) and bypass the whole Team Jacob/Edward drama (That I assumed was being introduced...Tricked!). I liked the self-reflection scene of the toxic/argumentative/petty atmosphere between Neil & I/Joselina. That scene plus the fierce/nice numbers make me wonder how the story is if I play full demure... Anyhow... The dance kiss took the choice level to defcon levels. In Joselina's mind, this is a shining knight 'STRANGER' but in mine 'Hi Neil! Do you know that I know that I think you got a haircut? :kaoluv:'. I went with the kiss and patted myself on the back for being right. But... But... Then I had to Slap or yell? :kaoswt::kaomad3::kaocry:. I took the slap cliffhanger and pulled a episode 3 Darth Vader.

Anywho, I envy your writing skills and aspire to inspire as your text has made me perspire!

10/10 would play test again! I'll keep my eyes open for your future updates and hopefully my meager feedback will be of some constructive use. I'm especially looking forward to how many Benjamin's I can stack in SUNSHINE!!! Boutique!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Titris Thrawns Thanks for playing and giving me so much feedback!

To start things off with: I wish I could give players options that are true to themselves. I really wish I could. I wish I could call out Neil that he was being a stuck up prick, or be able to say that I knew he was the masked man but unfortunately ... that would mean: deviating away from the plot and having too many branching storylines.

So I had to make a hard decision; your choices will not affect the course of the scene (some do, but these are very, very rare). They are ala The Walking Dead - you just get to direct which way the MC leans and how she responds to certain situations. Eventually, it'll either give you an extra scene, but the outcome remains the same. These choices will tally up, and eventually the story (for Neil, it's in chapter 27 I think) will branch to reflect your 'personality' more. Both endings are a 'good' ending, but they will be different.

Even though I try to give you options that reflect more on yourself, in the end, you're still playing my MC with her own thoughts and dreams. Being fully immersed would be hard when your MC has speaking lines and plays a huge role in the story. But I try!

Although having a second pair of eyes letting me know the kind of choices they would have wanted to pick would be nice. I write out one story first, and add the second choices in later. Maybe I could get someone to read over the story for me and give me some thoughts before I write the scenes for the second choice. Would you be so inclined to help me out? ;)

Happy to hear you got fooled until the other purple guy's reveal, hah. I love seeing people's reactions to Chapter 12, as they're all wildly different.

Anyways, you are in luck, the next beta is almost ready to be released. You'll be able to play up until chapter 18 (that's 41k words!), and the tailoring will be available. I'm just waiting for my programmer to be finished with the rough draft.

The tailoring has no direct impact on the story, they're two separate things. At certain points, the story will require that you'll be wearing a certain thing to proceed (a masquerade dress for example), and to proceed the story regularly, you'll have to 'purchase' each chapter with money you earn from making clothes. This will not yet be implemented in the next beta, but you can design clothes to test out the system.

Titris Thrawns

It's a trap! ...Or is it?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To start things off with: I wish I could give players options that are true to themselves. I really wish I could. I wish I could call out Neil that he was being a stuck up prick, or be able to say that I knew he was the masked man but unfortunately ... that would mean: deviating away from the plot and having too many branching storylines.

Even though I try to give you options that reflect more on yourself, in the end, you're still playing my MC with her own thoughts and dreams. Being fully immersed would be hard when your MC has speaking lines and plays a huge role in the story. But I try!
As I was writing up my feedback on the choices, I realized I was less interested in my 'Oi! These choices break immersion!' theme and more into sharing how I had fun and reacted to the choices that were presented to me. My current project priority is generating player choices that are more meaningful than banal, so I think my feedback was biased/tainted by the hamsters running around my brain working on 'current project impact choices!' instead of focusing on Tailor Tales specifically. That's not saying TT choices are banal or lacking in impact! Chapter 12 choices had me reeling in my seat considering how 'immersion broken' I claimed to be. On the plus side, I never realized how easily I'm sucked into otome games, how I immersed/emotional my response can be to choices that my 'meta player' mind believes to be a trap and how interested I am in what happens next! I guess that's a long way of me saying; I overly invested myself as the MC and foolishly thought my head-canon of 'seducing Neil immediately at chp X' story-line made sense :kaoswt2:.

Although having a second pair of eyes letting me know the kind of choices they would have wanted to pick would be nice. I write out one story first, and add the second choices in later. Maybe I could get someone to read over the story for me and give me some thoughts before I write the scenes for the second choice. Would you be so inclined to help me out? ;)
:kaoblush::kaothx: I would be honored! I'm no professional writer, but if you believe my thoughts/ravings/reactions would help inspire... I would be glad to help where I can! *Continues to gush like an overexcited Neil on a playground*

Anyways, you are in luck, the next beta is almost ready to be released. You'll be able to play up until chapter 18 (that's 41k words!), and the tailoring will be available.

41K!? That explains why I was taken aback by each chapters length! Then again, I hope I'm not showing my otome noobness. Looking forward to trying tailoring and continuing Neil's adventure!

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Feedback! I suck at feedback... :kaoswt: But anyway:

Honestly, I think Dimitri is adorable, and his storyline seems interesting too.
Oh yeah, focusing on individual character's story seems like a pretty cool option.
Yup, a bad ending isn't needed.
Both seem cool to me~
- Is it important the main character looks like you, or are able to customise to whatever you want?
To be honest, I like customisation~ You can make it look like you, or anyone else.
- Do you think the design of the menu is clean and clear as to what each option means?
I do~
- Are you okay with having one guy released at a time, instead of waiting a long time for all of them to be finished?
That's a tough one....I'd say waiting, so you have more options.
That would be interesting, yeah, that would be a cool feature!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tt_banner_04_zps12gdnxj4.png

Beta 1.0 is out now! For a full changelog, check the blog.

Tailor Tales beta v. 1.0

tt_banner_06_zpsdqdcttvg.png

Feedback is very much welcomed! If you tried beta 1.0 here are some questions.

1. Are you enjoying Neil’s route, do you still like him/hate him?
2. What are your thoughts on Dimitri’s first two chapters? Do you want to read more?
3. Who’s your favourite guy out of Neil and Dimitri? Or perhaps Alex?
4. What’s your favourite CG?
5. What's your favourite chapter or scene?
6. Which part was the most romantic to you?
7. Out of all of the side characters, is there anyone you would want as a date option?
8. Did you at any point get stuck on a loading screen?
9. Were you able to create clothing using the “Design” button?
10. Did you encounter any bugs while designing?
11. Were you able to dress up your avatar using the “Outfit” button?
12. Was everything easy to use, or were the menus too complicated?
13. What did you like more, creating clothes, dressing up the avatar, or reading the story?
14. Most importantly, did you enjoy the game? :D

Last edited:

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
V8j2H9t.png

Having fun so far. .. though its impossible ta make a girl version of me. I'm at chapter 5 of Neil so I'll fill out tha whole thing when I finish tha whole thing. I really want ta play Caine's route cuzz I think I'll like him best.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@umbralshadows that's pretty creative using those chain details! :) I like it. You should probably know you can take screenshots of your avatar by using the camera button in the top left corner in the Outfit option, and it'll save a screenshot in your www > Screenshots folder. Hitting the printscreen on your keyboard takes a screenshot of your entire window as well.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have to admit, being a tomboy through and through, when I saw the little bits and pieces of your project I thought, HA! No way!

But after reading this post I am DEFINITELY interested! I will have to download the beta and give it a look.

I already love the character Sam. From what I can see so far, this concept seems brilliantly executed.

Downloading the beta now. : )

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is unfortunate, but Sam's route isn't available yet! Only Neil's is, and the beginning of Dimitri.

Although Neil's route may resonate with you, as the MC starts out being a tomboy :)

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Aw! Too bad. : / :p

I've played a cpl hours of it so far and I have to say, you have a knack for writing for sure! The story line is engaging and has a good even pace to it. Neil has a good introduction, which is necessary to get past his cool demeanor early on! You're able to convey the duel personality within him very well, leading to a feeling of sympathy and disgust at the same time, all the while giving the player the satisfaction of insulting him without completely severing the connection. The story is well done, while I'm left still despising Niel and curious to hear Sam's story! (Niel reminds me to much of my ex husband, haha!, Where's Sam?!) ;P

As for the gameplay thus far, I'm a little confused, but I assume that has to do with the "god mode" granted the beta testers. I'm not quite sure where design fits in to the whole scheme. I assume there will be impetus to give this aspect of the game more attention otherwise. (Such as the need for money?) The outfit design interface is EXCELLENT! I feel like I couldn't make something even remotely similar for a variety of reasons. It's obvious a lot of work and skill went into this and it's impressive to say the least.

Over all I think this game is a gem. The attention to detail, skillful writing and unique design is refreshing, especially in a game market glutted with unoriginal shoot em up and graphic dependent borefests!

Good job!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks! Funny you that despite you despise Neil, you are still able to play his route haha. Try out Dimitri instead, he's nothing like Neil :) Sam's story will have to wait!

The gameplay will eventually have you earning money through designing clothing for clients. Clients will be randomly generated, and their request as well. You need to create their request to earn money. Earn enough money, and you can either buy more items for your clothes, decorate your boutique, more hairstyles for yourself - or the important part; purchase the next chapter in the story.

This is why the end of each chapter brings you back to the main menu. You're supposed to earn enough money again to purchase the next chapter. Sometimes, a chapter will require you to wear a specific outfit before you can continue. For example, before you can read Chapter 12, you're supposed to be wearing a dress for the masquerade.

Of course, you're in God Mode here, so there are no such requirements, as the system is not yet in place :)

I'm currently working on the clients gameplay. Here's a recent mock-up:
B7ylrab.png

Designing for clients is basically re-creating a randomly generated piece of clothing. Sometimes, the requests are story-specific.

Currently I'm stuck on trying to come up with a formula that gives you money based on your experience. This is gonna take me a while haha.

And major props to TDS for helping me make my mock-ups come to life and actually get things working for the designing and dress-up part!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Haha! I love the eater eggs in this mockup. It looks good, it's exactly what I would have expected to fill the design/progress need. I think it could be a lot of fun, especially if you can disappoint your customers if you do a terrible job.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hey there everyone! My laptop broke unexpectedly recently and I lost some files I hadn't backed up . . .
Pro tip to anyone looking for advice based on existing game mechanics: a lot of people reading your request won't have played the games you're talking about. Always assume your readers won't have, and explain what the mechanic actually *does* rather than just name-dropping the game. I see this a lot.
 …So I was looking at a question someone had asked and did some related experimentation. Apparently the Jump… movement route command works like the ultimate through. Including letting you move around outside the confines of the map entirely. o_O
Jump.png
Okay so today I heard the dumbest theory I have heard in a loooooooong while. It's so stupid I just have to share... Appearantly I have learned to draw 'hot chicks' so that 'real men' get physically excited by looking at it and I can then swoop in and 'turn' them.... Wow... Just... Amazing how some brains works...
What the writer wrote: "The curtain is blue."
The readers: "There must be a hidden meaning behind this, perhaps to convey the character emotions ...".
What the writer has in mind: "The curtain is frickin' blue".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undertides