Tailored Yanfly Message Core

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Zizka, Oct 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zizka

Zizka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello again,
    I'm currently using Yanfly Message Core and the first extension.

I paid a programmer to do this but he disappeared off the grid and I can't get what I've paid for which is very frustrating.
    Anyways, what really matters to me is to have the book at the bottom of the screen for me to display text there.

My game is a Choose your Own Adventure book, where the player will make choices. There's therefore a lot of text involved so I want the book to occupy a fairly big part of the screen at all times, preferably the third.

The idea is essentially to have the text right on the line (as if it was being written on the line) and no text to appear in the middle (like a regular book). The book should also be center-middle, the location.

Example.png
    I'd like the tabs to be included but it would probably be too much work to do for free so I'll give up on those.

Let me know if you have any questions or requests to help me out. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

2. Ossra

Ossra Formerly Exhydra Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Zizka I am guessing that the section on the left is a re-factored Choice List and the section on the right is the Show Text message area? And is that a graphical mock-up, or did the previous programmer actually have functional code ready?

3. Zizka

Zizka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sorry, I realize I wasn't very clear, I tried to explain too quickly.
    upload_2019-10-5_7-23-5.png

This section was meant to display different information in the book. From the top:
    -Main section: current environment description.
    -Inventory
    -Health and other status
    -option

I've since given up on that as it's probably complex to implement (which is why I hired a programmer to do it in the first place).

upload_2019-10-5_7-24-34.png

This is where the text would be displayed. In this example, we have how the inventory would look like. I don't think it'd be implementable unless I hired someone to do it again or got somehow reimbursed by the programmer who was supposed to do it.

Either way, I'd like show text to be displayed on that picture. The challenge would be to display the text on the lines and not on the bindings in the middle. In other words, the book would act as a very big dialogue window.
    [​IMG]
    This is an example of the inventory system. For what I'm going for, both pages would be empty save for the lines.

Could it be possible to tweak the message core settings to do just that?

If it's not clear I could do a mockup, it would likely help more.

4. Zizka

Zizka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Here's more information, I think it should be more thorough this time around:
    Mockup.png
    What I'd like things to look like.

JustBook.png
    Just the book itself.

SingleLine.png
    Just a single in itself. It's 211x14 pixels.

Note that the top part should be 15 pixels high instead of 14 pixels to replicate the top of a book page as opposed to a single line.

I'd like text to be displayed like so, with a padding of 5 pixels on both sides of the line:
    padding.png
    The red mark is just to visualize the 5 pixels padding and it wouldn't appear in-game of course.

I don't know if there would be a way for word wrapping to push any words to the next line if the word can't fit on the line.

If possible, I'd like to have a flashing marker to indicate that more text is coming. I'd like that animation to be more than 4 frames long as designated by the default windows setting:
    Marker.gif

I hope this is clearer.

Attached Files:

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is probably best in JS Plugin Requests.

Moving this.

6. Zizka

Zizka Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Out of curiosity, is what I am requesting a case of something which would take too many hours for someone to tackle for free? If that's the case, I think it'd be good for me to know so I don't uselessly bump the topic.

7. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This thread is being closed at the request of the OP. If for some reason you would like it re-opened, please Report this post and leave the reason why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.