Taking votes player customised or larger sprites?

Customise your own character, or have a set detailed character?

• Custom

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Detailed

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other (comment)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

T3sCoconuts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So been wondering, what do people rather more,
When you have a sprite that you can customise, change there outfits and stuff, or larger sprites where you get more detail?

No real meaning behind this question just wondering as I always loved ragnarok online, you could sort of customise your character with hats and hair but not really the outfit other then color,

So I think I rather custom outfits now over detail...?

HOLYMOTHER

MagiCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's an MMO or something like Stardew, then customization. For anything with a character-driven story, detail. I don't see why you can't have both, though.

T3sCoconuts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's an MMO or something like Stardew, then customization. For anything with a character-driven story, detail. I don't see why you can't have both, though.
Yeah that's true with most it's weird seeing everyone playing cloud or tidus lol

Beewo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I love customization, "the true end game is fashion" etc etc so always prefer it when you get options to change your characters looks in different ways. That said I have nothing against detailed characters without that option, and will likely not think about it at all while playing. Just a fun bonus when customization jumps at ya.

ZombieKidzRule

JAVASCRIPT FOR KIDS by Nick Morgan - Awesome book!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, personally, I prefer both. I have never really appreciated the chibi (is that what the term is?) little character assets for RPG Maker games. I much prefer larger characters that I can see better.

And for me, larger doesn't just come with more detail. If I can see the character better, with more detail, I would really like to be able to customize it too.

But then again, I also enjoy first person view games where you don't see your character at all, so there is that.

Just my opinion.

I'm not sure what I would chose if I had to pick just one.

Sorry if that doesn't help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:v I "unlearn" how to use the forum.
I've made and moved to a THIRD spreadsheet document to reorganize my thoughts and better plot out my RPG.

halp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hananaa