RMMZ Talent & Race Scripts (possibly MZ Update of Frogboy Scripts)

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for scripts that allow for the inclusion of D&D style talents (leveled abilities like Lockpicking, Swimming, Fire Magic...) and races (Elves, Gnomes, Orcs each with their own effects on stats and classes).

Frogboy had two excellent scripts for this in MV:

Unfortunately, I haven't found anything similar for MZ. So I think the easiest way would be to update the MV scripts, which Frogboy himself has approved.

Would be extremely glad for any assistance here. Thanks!

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It does help with the races, true. However, I don't see how it could replicate the effect of the talents, since it seems the various traits cannot be leveled; an important factor of the Talents Plugin is that the talents have ratings (which the player can add to at each level up) and can be tested (i.e. Talent Rating + rnd value > difficulty?). Can't find such a functionality in the Visustella plugins.

Still thanks!

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The Core plugins allow for custom parameters to be made. For example, you can have two custom parameters per talent. One that determines the raw number of the talent, and the other that determines the level of that talent based on a formula. (Every 10 talent points means 1 level, for example.)

You then have different ways to show these parameters.

- A common event bringing up a message window to show the values using escape copes.
- You can use SRD's free version of HUD Maker to create a neat custom window with gauges based on the level of custom parameters.
- You can simply add the values to existing menu scenes, like the status menu.
- You can commission a plugin for a completely custom scene.

You can take it a step further and use something like Visu's Skill Learn plugin (assuming you're not actually using skill learning features). With that, you can create skills that run code when acquired, and have them removed immediately. This can pretty much create a system where you're buying upgrades using the built in AP system, which can be your talent points.

I know this is a pretty farfetched approach. I just like to throw out suggestions like this to help people think outside the box. :)

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
"Farfetched"... yes, you could say so :cool:

I guess it's possible to really bend things this way, but at some point "out of the box" means "through a maze". The plugin did everything I wanted very conveniently, and this way would require a ton of work (not only in the setup, but during eventing as well) for maybe two-thirds the functionality. But still, thanks for pointing it out.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

#WIP Metal Tactics's TBS (2015 vs 2021)
VSt9pWc.png
ZXnpNYY.png
RPG Maker News #14 | Diffused Screen Effects, Unsellable Items, Ambient Synths, Adult Woman Set
If kids are going to be taught on computers and have access to the Internet, some basic knowledge of copyright should be a part of the grade school curriculum.
I have some news that I want to share - I've been accepted to university ^-^
I received some offers just over a month ago, but I wanted to make my choice and get things in place before sharing the news.
I'm super excited, and I'm very happy with my choice of program and school.
Yesterday I went to get some new jeans for my new job... and discovered I'm a plus size. I'm planning on dieting so I can get back to where I was before 2020. I decided on a Japanese food diet because the recipes I can cook at home are both low-calorie and delicious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arkauss