RMMV "Tales of Arpegea: Who's the Boss?" Demo!

SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I just took my first big step in game-making by releasing a demo of my first ever game: Tales of Arpegea!

Tales of Arpegea takes place in a generic fantasy RPG world, named, of course, Arpegea. The one non-generic thing is you. Why? Because YOU are the boss! Join the ratfolk Natalie, Nat for short, as she fights through the various bosses of Arpegea in order to become the crème de la crème: the Final Boss! Of course, it's not just your fellow bosses and their minions you have to worry about, you also have various wandering adventurers to deal with! There are a total of four different flavors of boss to choose from:

• The Sentinel, a high-defense class with a unique accessory in the form of Barrier Shards, which can be swapped IN BATTLE with their unique "shield" class of skills, which allows them to change their elemental properties on the fly!
  • The Warrior, a simple little class with a simple little playstyle: smash everything in sight with your high attack stat!
  • The Mage, a class based around Arpegea's variety of magic spells to bring ruin to any foe, and an expert of hitting elemental weaknesses!
  • The Summoner, this boss uses the time-honored strategy of summoning minions to help them in battle against other bosses, and, of course, those pesky adventurers!

Get used to your various strengths and weaknesses to take down the competition and climb the corporate ladder to the top! This demo includes the following:

• 20-30 minutes of gameplay to give a rough idea where this game is going at the moment.
  • Two bosses to face and defeat: the humble Rat Lord and the haughty, greedy Slime King.
  • A pair of adventurers to test your mettle against.
  • Two dungeons to go through: the simple and easy Cavern of Beginnings, and the Slime King's Castle, where the king is right there, the problem is opening the door!
  • A brief prologue showcasing a bit of lore about Arpegea, and giving a look at the first to hold the title of Final Boss.
  • A couple of meet-ups with the old hero: Xale. Just what is he looking for?
  • The non-human enemy sprites were made by yours-truly (note that they are a tad goofy-looking).
  • A completely original 8-bit soundtrack made, again, by yours-truly.

Note: The full game is likely to change based on player feedback, and it should be noted that while it is not 18+, the game is being aimed at a "T for teen" rating. As such the game contains a fair bit of strong language. This game is a fantasy RPG.

Here is the dropbox link to the ZIP file (unfortunately this demo is only for windows at the moment). You should be able to extract the files and play the game by clicking "game.exe". Please let me know if there is an issue with extracting and downloading the game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ac1r3wo6531efqu/ToA Demo.zip?dl=0

FI_9WK.pngsLoZZK.png

SleepySalandit

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I just took my first big step in game-making by releasing a demo of my first ever game: Tales of Arpegea!

Tales of Arpegea takes place in a generic fantasy RPG world, named, of course, Arpegea. The one non-generic thing is you. Why? Because YOU are the boss! Join the ratfolk Natalie, Nat for short, as she fights through the various bosses of Arpegea in order to become the crème de la crème: the Final Boss! Of course, it's not just your fellow bosses and their minions you have to worry about, you also have various wandering adventurers to deal with! There are a total of four different flavors of boss to choose from:

• The Sentinel, a high-defense class with a unique accessory in the form of Barrier Shards, which can be swapped IN BATTLE with their unique "shield" class of skills, which allows them to change their elemental properties on the fly!
  • The Warrior, a simple little class with a simple little playstyle: smash everything in sight with your high attack stat!
  • The Mage, a class based around Arpegea's variety of magic spells to bring ruin to any foe, and an expert of hitting elemental weaknesses!
  • The Summoner, this boss uses the time-honored strategy of summoning minions to help them in battle against other bosses, and, of course, those pesky adventurers!

Get used to your various strengths and weaknesses to take down the competition and climb the corporate ladder to the top! This demo includes the following:

• 20-30 minutes of gameplay to give a rough idea where this game is going at the moment.
  • Two bosses to face and defeat: the humble Rat Lord and the haughty, greedy Slime King.
  • A pair of adventurers to test your mettle against.
  • Two dungeons to go through: the simple and easy Cavern of Beginnings, and the Slime King's Castle, where the king is right there, the problem is opening the door!
  • A brief prologue showcasing a bit of lore about Arpegea, and giving a look at the first to hold the title of Final Boss.
  • A couple of meet-ups with the old hero: Xale. Just what is he looking for?
  • The non-human enemy sprites were made by yours-truly (note that they are a tad goofy-looking).
  • A completely original 8-bit soundtrack made, again, by yours-truly.

Note: The full game is likely to change based on player feedback, and it should be noted that while it is not 18+, the game is being aimed at a "T for teen" rating. As such the game contains a fair bit of strong language. This game is a fantasy RPG.

Here is the dropbox link to the ZIP file (unfortunately this demo is only for windows at the moment). You should be able to extract the files and play the game by clicking "game.exe". Please let me know if there is an issue with extracting and downloading the game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ac1r3wo6531efqu/ToA Demo.zip?dl=0

View attachment 247342View attachment 247343
Little update, DON'T download this demo. Seeing someone else play it, there are a ton of issues and I'm currently working on a fix for them all.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So... me, always ALWAYS late.. have started reading the One Piece manga. So far I'm impressed with it. It's definitely a fun read. The only thing I need to get used to is every... single... character having a flashback story. Wifey is a huge fan and she's asked me to draw Nami and Boa Hancock for her. So I may post those drawings here XD
My brother makes some inane complaint about one of my stories in the comment section. My mom: if your bro doesn't understand it make it simpler. That prolly means others have questions too.☺️Me: Sorry. I can't do that. I don't speak stupid.
If you are ever looking for your cat among a room full of identical looking cats just find the one that is doing it's best to ignore you.
Isn't "tableau" such a fun word to say? Even better is that our resident artists know what it means without google and probably get to say it regularly.
ScreenShot_3_27_2023_4_30_39.png
one of the benefits of doing almost all the assets myself is being able to add my friend's OC from his comic book into my game as an NPC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimbry