Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
Tales of Graces Title System
Script by Mr. Bubble

[IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles1.png[/IMG][IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles3.png[/IMG]

More Screenshots

[IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles2.png[/IMG][IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles4.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles6.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles7.png[/IMG][IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles8.png[/IMG]

Summary
This script replicates the Title system from the Wii/PS3 game “Tales of Graces”. It’s a somewhat unique system which performs like an alternative leveling system.

This script has a high learning curve. Please read the documentation and study the examples I’ve provided in “Titles Volume 1: Basic Package” for information on how to create your own custom titles.

This script modifies actor “Nicknames”. Any Nicknames defined in your database will not be used.
And as a general rule of thumb: always assume a syntax error is your fault.

Script
Can be found here: http://wp.me/PxlCT-uY

Installation
Paste this script into its own page within the "Materials" section in the script editor of your project. Also be sure to install the Predefined Title scripts.

How to Use
This script has a high learning curve. Read the script comments carefully. Use the examples I've provided for making your own titles.

Compatibility
This script aliases some default VXA methods. There are no default method overwrites.

Requests for compatibility with other scripts are encouraged and welcome.

Terms and Conditions
Free for non-commercial use. For commercial use, contact me first.

If you wish to use this for commercial games, contact me first.

Please feel free to post coding and efficiency suggestions, script features suggestions, and bug reports.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjalex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do I hug you now or later? 

Love Tales of Grace and the tales series! 

Gonna give this script a try when I have the time. :)

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
awesome, i've been waiting for this. i'll test it out right now! 
psst, have a look at the topic you posted for the graphic requests  ;)

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know you updated your post. :)

[IMG]http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/uploads/monthly_06_2013/post-6826-0-29566200-1370132094_thumb.png[/IMG]

They all look really good, amicable. Can you please make one without any curvature for completeness sake? I will update the script to support graphics sometime later and credit you as offered.

Right now I need to pass out...

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
certainly, here you go, normal and italicized! i'm afraid the font looks a little boring when it's straight though, but that might just be me

mastered5.pngmastered6.png

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is really epic Mr. Bubbles!!

Sidbot

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
A lot of hard work must have gone into this. Great job!

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i'm trying to figure how to call a check for the actor's rank in a specific title, so the titles can actually change while the player has them on (for example, from weapon novice(r1-2) to weapon adept(r3-4) to weapon expert(r5)) or so that you can learn titles by leveling up another title to a certain rank (for example, getting two class titles to rank 3 would unlock a hybrid title)

i'm guessing
if $game_actors[actor_id].has_title?:)symbol)
checks if they have that title, but i'm not sure how they can also check the rank. though you know i may be wrong with that as well OTL;;

i can see the script calls section is unfinished, so i'm fine with waiting for that to be done if this info is going to be up there, as this doesn't really fall under the MUST SOLVE THIS RIGHT NOW category

also there is a bit of explication text that cuts off in titles vol1, 

Code:
    # :mastery_sp defines how much SP is required to Master the    # title.    #    # Mastering a title lets you use the     :mastery_sp => 3000,

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
Script updated to v1.01

• v1.01Compatibility Update: "KMS Generic Gauge"
  • You can now change the rank icons.
  • Added support for "Mastery" images.
  • You can now choose whether reserve party members can learn  potential titles after each battle.
  • Rearranged some code.
  • Updated script call documentation. (6/04/2013)
i'm trying to figure how to call a check for the actor's rank in a specific title, so the titles can actually change while the player has them on (for example, from weapon novice(r1-2) to weapon adept(r3-4) to weapon expert(r5)) or so that you can learn titles by leveling up another title to a certain rank (for example, getting two class titles to rank 3 would unlock a hybrid title)
i'm guessing
if $game_actors[actor_id].has_title?:)symbol)
checks if they have that title, but i'm not sure how they can also check the rank. though you know i may be wrong with that as well OTL;;

i can see the script calls section is unfinished, so i'm fine with waiting for that to be done if this info is going to be up there, as this doesn't really fall under the MUST SOLVE THIS RIGHT NOW category
I've updated the script calls comments in the script. For :condition strings, you can use "@title_rank[:symbol] >= n" or something similar for what you need.

If you need help with your custom condition, let me know. I can probably just write a wrapper function for you.

also there is a bit of explication text that cuts off in titles vol1,
My bad. It's supposed to say that mastering a title lets you use :mastery_states instead of :states.

Since I've updated to the script to support your graphics, you can see how they look in-game now. :)

Although I made a mistake when I requested the graphic specifications. The title images need to be 24px height or lower. But even at 24px, they still look a little large. You might want to take a look yourself.

titlesx.png

The colors look great in-game. Thanks. :)

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
whoops, i'll resize them right now, hang on a second.

here's three smaller ones. i tried to make them as close as possible to the size font for the other parts

mastered2.pngmastered4.pngmastered5.png

i'll have a look at the updated script and see if i can't figure something out, thank you!  :)

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
wow... really cool script... at first I thought Title means the title screen (coz I never got to play any tales game due to lack of console)... hahaha...

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
whoops, i'll resize them right now, hang on a second.

here's three smaller ones. i tried to make them as close as possible to the size font for the other parts

i'll have a look at the updated script and see if i can't figure something out, thank you!  :)
Looks perfect, thank you. :D

[IMG]http://mrbubblewand.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/titles10.png[/IMG]

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
since i don't play tales of graces. i just want to ask question. from i read this script let me equip 'title' (as nickname). level it. and when the title level up. the ACTOR gained that title bonus PERMANENTLY (even when i switch to another title)... am i right?

on the other hand. the windows looks good.

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
i accidentally broke something in the script, which i need to sort out, but it prevents me from testing these things till i have the time to reinstall and recustomize it < w <;;

i'm wondering if

@title_rank[:title1] >= 3 && @title_rank[:title2] >= 3

would work for conditions for unlocking a third title for that actor?
also

if @title_rank[:title1] = 5 then "Title1 Master"
elsif @title_rank[:title1] >= 3 &&@title_rank[:title1] <= 4 then "Title1 Adept"
else
"Title1 Novice"
end

would work for setting the name? (rank 5 = master, 4-3= adept, 2-1=novice) or for those are only text strings supported. if so, how could i put it in?

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
since i don't play tales of graces. i just want to ask question. from i read this script let me equip 'title' (as nickname). level it. and when the title level up. the ACTOR gained that title bonus PERMANENTLY (even when i switch to another title)... am i right?

on the other hand. the windows looks good.
Yes, permanently, even after the title is switched.

i accidentally broke something in the script, which i need to sort out, but it prevents me from testing these things till i have the time to reinstall and recustomize it < w <;;

i'm wondering if

@title_rank[:title1] >= 3 && @title_rank[:title2] >= 3

would work for conditions for unlocking a third title for that actor?
Yes, that condition statement would be valid. In English, it says "If :title1's rank is 3 or more AND if :title2's rank is 3 or more, then learn the title".

also

if @title_rank[:title1] = 5 then "Title1 Master"

elsif @title_rank[:title1] >= 3 &&@title_rank[:title1] <= 4 then "Title1 Adept"

else

"Title1 Novice"

end

would work for setting the name? (rank 5 = master, 4-3= adept, 2-1=novice) or for those are only text strings supported. if so, how could i put it in?
:name strings aren't eval statements. Only :conditions and Rank Effect strings are eval statements.

I did not include functionality for changing the name of the title based off current rank because that's not how it originally worked. I would need to implement that kind of functionality myself.

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
awesome! only the unlock function is what i really want, the titles that change with mastery level is kind of just an idea that appealed to me, not really necessary for the game. i guess that's a script feature suggestion then, if you ever feel up to it. :>

amicable

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
hey there, i've got a very odd thing going on, that took me around three hours to narrow down into being caused by this script!

when my player is in a battle, and hits 0 hp, the main title system script prevents the death state from being applied to the character. this was pretty much one of the last scripts i removed while trying to find the cause of this bug, so i'm pretty sure it isn't script incompatibility causing this. (none of my other scripts touch player nicknames, which seems to be the only thing it wouldn't be compatible with? and this is a super-weird side effect if that is the case)

edit: i disabled every single script in my game except for this one, and the problem still remains. so yeah, looks like it's not compatibility problems.

Mr. Bubble

Makes stuff.
Reaction score
It was a bug in the script. I've fixed it and updated the script to v1.02.

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am trying to use this with Nicke's XS - Menu Delux 1.1. What would be the module to call to get to the title's menu feature as in the screenshots?

DarthVollis and I got it working. He ran it through a common event!!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

uOy9Wjc.png

Something something.
Dev be like: "I'll make the character goes amnesia so I could explain the world and the lore better and immersive to the players"
Whoever decided that the 5th area of Xenoblade 3 had to be THAT big and be explored in the manner it does needs to be shot. My OCD cannot leave a tiny shard of the map hidden and those controls can go right on and f*** themselves. -.-

/rant off
Raggon wrote on NoPatience's profile.
:kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renice