We have Eternia in the UK :)

Omikuji

Closer to the Stars
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
We have Eternia in the UK :)
Phoo on you lucky lucky thing you! D'X I have been attempting importing that but all my luck there has made it impossible to find for some bizzaro reason that I can't figure out. It was almost as bad as BoFIII PSP, and I only found that by pure utter luck thanks to it being at an Anime Convention I went to D8

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Phoo on you lucky lucky thing you! D'X I have been attempting importing that but all my luck there has made it impossible to find for some bizzaro reason that I can't figure out. It was almost as bad as BoFIII PSP, and I only found that by pure utter luck thanks to it being at an Anime Convention I went to D8
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Tales+of+eternia&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Loads of them for sale here in the UK

Play-asia sent me an email apologising for the delay as they are awaiting their stock so they reactivated my order and cut the price :D .

Omikuji

Closer to the Stars
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Doh, I never think to look at the other countries ebay when I go looking! DX I better set that up a bit higher on my list to get, it's gonna be a while before I can get another game (RPGM and ToGF? Gwaddd that's expensive)

Also that's great news on the email! It's a bit of a shame that they didn't stop preorders when they ran out of shipment numbers, since I think they otta know the inventory they get... I think.

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yea, some games tend to be more common in certain market places, Terranigma is fairly hard to find in the UK but their seems to be a fair few on the US markets.

Drace

The Sacred Warrior
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I picked up my pre-order of ToGF yesterday :lol: I was sooo HAPPY >u< I played enough yesterday to be able to stop at a certain point in the game *don't want to spoil*

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm really hoping mine gets sent in the next few days as I'm desperate to play it :( .

Omikuji

Closer to the Stars
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have been struggling with either playing Graces or working on sprites for my game (as I wait for eventing tutorials which I saw someone say they're working on which is love cause I'm so newbie) and it's prolly the worse thing ever to try and find a balance. Why did they have to come out on the same day NOOOO DX

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well fortunately I should have 3/4 days to play about with prior to Graces arriving :)

Kuvo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bought it yesterday, only had a chance to play it for about an hour and really enjoyed what I got to play. Looking forward to my day off Friday so I can spend numerous hours with it. Now, where is

Tales of Xillia!!!!

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Assuming Graces sells well they are sure to localise it, it was hinted at in an interview

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Even though I prefer western RPGs in the long run, I do wish more Tales games were localized and appeared on a wider range of consoles. One thing I dislike is how each game seems to be on a different console; each time a new Tales game comes out it's a gamble that it'll be on a console that you own, let alone it coming to your country.

Nonetheless, the Tales series is some grade-A JRPG adventuring. I have only completed Symphonia 1 and 2 and Vesperia; Symphonia 2 was meh but the original Symphonia and Vesperia were really fantastic. I have very fond memories of playing Symphonia when I was a kid and I still listen to the soundtrack from that game for creative inspiration! I will forever remember teleporting to the top of the Tower of Salvation and exploring amongst the eerie angels in their starry sci-fi city. The blend of fantasy and sci-fi present in the Tales series has always been really awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Even though I prefer western RPGs in the long run, I do wish more Tales games were localized and appeared on a wider range of consoles. One thing I dislike is how each game seems to be on a different console; each time a new Tales game comes out it's a gamble that it'll be on a console that you own, let alone it coming to your country.

Nonetheless, the Tales series is some grade-A JRPG adventuring. I have only completed Symphonia 1 and 2 and Vesperia; Symphonia 2 was meh but the original Symphonia and Vesperia were really fantastic. I have very fond memories of playing Symphonia when I was a kid and I still listen to the soundtrack from that game for creative inspiration! I will forever remember teleporting to the top of the Tower of Salvation and exploring amongst the eerie angels in their starry sci-fi city. The blend of fantasy and sci-fi present in the Tales series has always been really awesome.
Gotta agree on the console front, The Tales series has been far too spread.

I bought a PS3 pretty much to get hold of Graces (And a few other titles here and there).

I'd definetly recommend playing Tales of the Abyss on either the PS2 or 3DS - Fantastic game.

Euphony

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Abyss will definitely be one of the first games I play when I get a 3DS, after Paper Mario of course. xD I played the original on PS2 when it first came out, unfortunately it was my brother's console and he sold it before I could finish, that boogerhead. Seemed like a great game though, so I look forward to continuing that in the future.

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I bought a 3DS last year (We got Abyss in November in the EU although we never had a localisation for EU on PS2) quite simply for Tales, Zelda and Mario Kart :D .

Eternia is also worth playing on the PSP.

Hirei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love the Tales of Series. I recently started buying the games tbh. but Tales of Symphonia was one of the first RPGs I completed. (Family was not too fond of me buying games)

Here's a list of my games/items for the Tales series

Games:

-Tales of Symphonia (GC)

-Tales of the Abyss (PS2)

-Tales of Symphonia: DoTNW (Wii)

-Tales of the World Radiant Mythology (PSP)

-Tales of VS (JP-PSP)

-Tales of Graces f (PS3)

-Tales of Xillia (JP-PS3) <---YES THAT'S RIGHT. I ACTUALLY OWN A COPY AND I CAN TL THROUGH MOST OF IT. 8D

Other Items:

-Rita Mordio Plushie (ToV): http://myanimeshelf....0149652adf1.jpg (She sits on my tablet when I'm not using it or holds post-it notes for me)

-Rita Mordio One-Coin Grande Figurine

-Flynn Scifio (ToV) One-Coin Grande Figurine

-Sheena Fujibayashi (ToS) One-Coin Grande Figurine (w/ Corrine)

-Tales of the Abyss Anime LE Vol 1 and 2

-Tales of the Abyss Anime Vol 3 and 4 (reg ed).

-Tales of Xillia Guidebook

Fav game so far: Tales of Xillia. I've played through Mira route but not Jude's. Also, I've played Vesperia on someone else's 360. I hope to get a copy of the game for myself later. With the new Mira figurines coming out, I hope to add those to my collection...'

Last edited by a moderator:

Kread-EX

You're all bakas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Only played Tales of the Abyss and currently (as my avatar would suggest), I'm playing Tales of Xillia. I prefer the latter over the former and not only because of Agria lol. I couldn't stand Luke in Abyss and I had the impression that I could just spam the same combo over and over. Xillia is a tad more challenging and stun-locking bosses into combos is not as easy (and the link partner system is fun).

Also, there is an old butler as a playable character. Seriously, play it at least for Rowen.

That being said, only two games isn't enough to be called a Tales fan. Planning to get Tales of Graces sooner or later as I've read it's one of the best in the series. To be honest, I thought it was only for the Wii but judging by Hirei's post it's also for PS3... >_>

Hirei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The NA version is PS3 and is the upgraded version of the original Tales of Graces I think. Kread-EX I'm surprised that you've played XIllia o_o;

The next game I might get is Tales of Hearts for DS, not sure if I want anime version or CG version....

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was going to buy in XIlllia but I cant read JP so it would be pointless for me really.

I currently have the following

Tales of Phantasia (US) - SNes

Tales of Phantasia -GBA

Tales of Destiny (US) - Playstation

Tales of Eternia - PSP

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - PSP

Tales of the Abyss (US) - PS2

Tales of Symphonia - Gamecube

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of new world - Wii

Tales of Vesperia - 360

Tales of Graces F (Soon)

Kread-EX

You're all bakas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The NA version is PS3 and is the upgraded version of the original Tales of Graces I think. Kread-EX I'm surprised that you've played XIllia o_o;
To be honest, my local JP games importer lend it to me, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered at all (at least until a US release). Now that it's confirmed for an European release, I'll buy it when it comes here, but yeah, I'm basically playing for free.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Making Houses and Outside on the same map with RPG Maker MV!
Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangkykubetim