Tales of Series

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by WizzyT, Mar 13, 2012.

1. WizzyT

WizzyT Slayer of Fades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    We have Eternia in the UK :)

2. Omikuji

Omikuji Closer to the Stars Member

First Language:
    English
    Phoo on you lucky lucky thing you! D'X I have been attempting importing that but all my luck there has made it impossible to find for some bizzaro reason that I can't figure out. It was almost as bad as BoFIII PSP, and I only found that by pure utter luck thanks to it being at an Anime Convention I went to D8

3. WizzyT

First Language:
    English
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=Tales+of+eternia&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Loads of them for sale here in the UK

Play-asia sent me an email apologising for the delay as they are awaiting their stock so they reactivated my order and cut the price :D .

4. Omikuji

First Language:
    English
    Doh, I never think to look at the other countries ebay when I go looking! DX I better set that up a bit higher on my list to get, it's gonna be a while before I can get another game (RPGM and ToGF? Gwaddd that's expensive)

Also that's great news on the email! It's a bit of a shame that they didn't stop preorders when they ran out of shipment numbers, since I think they otta know the inventory they get... I think.

5. WizzyT

First Language:
    English
    Yea, some games tend to be more common in certain market places, Terranigma is fairly hard to find in the UK but their seems to be a fair few on the US markets.

6. Drace

Drace The Sacred Warrior Member

First Language:
    English
    I picked up my pre-order of ToGF yesterday :lol: I was sooo HAPPY >u< I played enough yesterday to be able to stop at a certain point in the game *don't want to spoil*

7. WizzyT

First Language:
    English
    I'm really hoping mine gets sent in the next few days as I'm desperate to play it :( .

8. Omikuji

First Language:
    English
    I have been struggling with either playing Graces or working on sprites for my game (as I wait for eventing tutorials which I saw someone say they're working on which is love cause I'm so newbie) and it's prolly the worse thing ever to try and find a balance. Why did they have to come out on the same day NOOOO DX

9. WizzyT

First Language:
    English
    Well fortunately I should have 3/4 days to play about with prior to Graces arriving :)

10. Kuvo

Kuvo Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Bought it yesterday, only had a chance to play it for about an hour and really enjoyed what I got to play. Looking forward to my day off Friday so I can spend numerous hours with it. Now, where is

Tales of Xillia!!!!

11. WizzyT

First Language:
    English
    Assuming Graces sells well they are sure to localise it, it was hinted at in an interview

12. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Even though I prefer western RPGs in the long run, I do wish more Tales games were localized and appeared on a wider range of consoles. One thing I dislike is how each game seems to be on a different console; each time a new Tales game comes out it's a gamble that it'll be on a console that you own, let alone it coming to your country.

Nonetheless, the Tales series is some grade-A JRPG adventuring. I have only completed Symphonia 1 and 2 and Vesperia; Symphonia 2 was meh but the original Symphonia and Vesperia were really fantastic. I have very fond memories of playing Symphonia when I was a kid and I still listen to the soundtrack from that game for creative inspiration! I will forever remember teleporting to the top of the Tower of Salvation and exploring amongst the eerie angels in their starry sci-fi city. The blend of fantasy and sci-fi present in the Tales series has always been really awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
  13. WizzyT

First Language:
    English
    Gotta agree on the console front, The Tales series has been far too spread.

I bought a PS3 pretty much to get hold of Graces (And a few other titles here and there).

I'd definetly recommend playing Tales of the Abyss on either the PS2 or 3DS - Fantastic game.

14. Euphony

Euphony Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Abyss will definitely be one of the first games I play when I get a 3DS, after Paper Mario of course. xD I played the original on PS2 when it first came out, unfortunately it was my brother's console and he sold it before I could finish, that boogerhead. Seemed like a great game though, so I look forward to continuing that in the future.

15. WizzyT

First Language:
    English
    I bought a 3DS last year (We got Abyss in November in the EU although we never had a localisation for EU on PS2) quite simply for Tales, Zelda and Mario Kart :D .

Eternia is also worth playing on the PSP.

16. Hirei

Hirei Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I love the Tales of Series. I recently started buying the games tbh. but Tales of Symphonia was one of the first RPGs I completed. (Family was not too fond of me buying games)

Here's a list of my games/items for the Tales series

Games:

-Tales of Symphonia (GC)

-Tales of the Abyss (PS2)

-Tales of Symphonia: DoTNW (Wii)

-Tales of the World Radiant Mythology (PSP)

-Tales of VS (JP-PSP)

-Tales of Graces f (PS3)

-Tales of Xillia (JP-PS3) <---YES THAT'S RIGHT. I ACTUALLY OWN A COPY AND I CAN TL THROUGH MOST OF IT. 8D

Other Items:

-Rita Mordio Plushie (ToV): http://myanimeshelf....0149652adf1.jpg (She sits on my tablet when I'm not using it or holds post-it notes for me)

-Rita Mordio One-Coin Grande Figurine

-Flynn Scifio (ToV) One-Coin Grande Figurine

-Sheena Fujibayashi (ToS) One-Coin Grande Figurine (w/ Corrine)

-Tales of the Abyss Anime LE Vol 1 and 2

-Tales of the Abyss Anime Vol 3 and 4 (reg ed).

-Tales of Xillia Guidebook

Fav game so far: Tales of Xillia. I've played through Mira route but not Jude's. Also, I've played Vesperia on someone else's 360. I hope to get a copy of the game for myself later. With the new Mira figurines coming out, I hope to add those to my collection...'

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  17. Kread-EX

Kread-EX You're all bakas Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Only played Tales of the Abyss and currently (as my avatar would suggest), I'm playing Tales of Xillia. I prefer the latter over the former and not only because of Agria lol. I couldn't stand Luke in Abyss and I had the impression that I could just spam the same combo over and over. Xillia is a tad more challenging and stun-locking bosses into combos is not as easy (and the link partner system is fun).

Also, there is an old butler as a playable character. Seriously, play it at least for Rowen.

That being said, only two games isn't enough to be called a Tales fan. Planning to get Tales of Graces sooner or later as I've read it's one of the best in the series. To be honest, I thought it was only for the Wii but judging by Hirei's post it's also for PS3... >_>

18. Hirei

Hirei Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    The NA version is PS3 and is the upgraded version of the original Tales of Graces I think. Kread-EX I'm surprised that you've played XIllia o_o;

The next game I might get is Tales of Hearts for DS, not sure if I want anime version or CG version....

19. WizzyT

First Language:
    English
    I was going to buy in XIlllia but I cant read JP so it would be pointless for me really.

I currently have the following

Tales of Phantasia (US) - SNes

Tales of Phantasia -GBA

Tales of Destiny (US) - Playstation

Tales of Eternia - PSP

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology - PSP

Tales of the Abyss (US) - PS2

Tales of Symphonia - Gamecube

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of new world - Wii

Tales of Vesperia - 360

Tales of Graces F (Soon) [​IMG]

20. Kread-EX

Kread-EX You're all bakas Veteran

First Language:
    French
    To be honest, my local JP games importer lend it to me, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered at all (at least until a US release). Now that it's confirmed for an European release, I'll buy it when it comes here, but yeah, I'm basically playing for free.