Tales of Series

Samven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been crushed time and time again, especially coming from a position in the industry.

The stories I have heard from various heads of companies is insane in regards to localising specific titles or starting the process for other companies and then it falling through.
*Pats back* Welcome to the club, buddy.

If you ask me, Namco just plain hates making money.

Anywhoo! About Xillia 2. I'm interested to see what direction they'll take the setting in. A modern-style Tales could be epic but only if it's utilised well. Battle system looks a bit lacking in comparison to previous offerings, though.

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No hating on Pascal. Definitely one of my favorite characters in most recent years. She was just completely random and off the wall...not sure why I'm attracted to such weird characters.

Agreed. Graces started on a really strong note. It identified all the characters early on, set us up for a big, epic political clash and then built up to something even bigger. However, my biggest issue is... the friendship. Oh God, the friendship. Just... There's having the team unite as a single, awesome army of badassery, there's having a ragtag bunch of misfits come together and band together for the common good and then there's My Little Graces.
The whole friendship thing did get a little grating after a while. I wanted to start punching Asbel with the whole "Richard is our friend!" thing even though the entire world is at stake. It's cool when the hero wants to save a mislead villain and all but ToGf definitely didn't go about it the right way.

WizzyT

Slayer of Fades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
For those interested we are expecting an announcement of some sorts at the Japan Expo in Paris regarding Tales, Livestream beginning now.

http://www.uk.namcob...xpo-live-stream

Edit: Xillia localisation has been confirmed for EU/NA - 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

A new VA has joined the "Beyond the Mirror" team... I can't wait to start working on battle voices in the engine now.
Well bad reviews r making me rather annoyed today.
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking Part 2 ---

F.Knight: Chef isn't here at this moment,he goes back into his Hometown to celebrating the Halloween with them.
F.Fighter: That too bad. I can't taste his dish until 3-5 days.
F.Mage: Then Leave it to me,i can make a Special Dishes for our Team in Halloween! (Rushes Into The Kitchen)
F.Knight & F.Fighter: (Screaming) YAMEROOO!!!
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
aero the acrobat 2 on sega had some absolute bangers on the ost... why Meeting Dr. Dis was just for a cutscene and not a boss makes me sad lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dandeli