Pastel_Panda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I recall finding a script for it for VXA, but I haven't had any luck finding one for MV, so I figure I could ask here.

Does anyone know of a plugin that replicates the title system from the Tales of franchise? The system gives different titles that characters could equip that adjust their stats (such as a title that increases Attack in exchange for reducing Speed), which were unlocked via either story progression or little sidequests and other miscellaneous achievements (Tales of Symphonia gives one character a title by saying more than seven different voice lines in a battle, for example).

If anyone could direct me to such a plugin (preferably one that can be used commercially), that'd be a huge help!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There could be one that I'm not aware of, but to my knowledge I don't remember one.

Also, you might want to be more specific since depending on which Tales, the title system works different:
  • In Symphonia, it affects the stats gained WHEN LEVELING UP. The modifier would be on top of the default stat gain per level, and the gain goes from 0 to 1 (decimal included).
  • In Abyss and Vesperia, it does nothing except affect the costume.
  • In Graces, it gives the character abilities that can be gained permanently after gaining enough AP.

Pastel_Panda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There could be one that I'm not aware of, but to my knowledge I don't remember one.

Also, you might want to be more specific since depending on which Tales, the title system works different:
  • In Symphonia, it affects the stats gained WHEN LEVELING UP. The modifier would be on top of the default stat gain per level, and the gain goes from 0 to 1 (decimal included).
  • In Abyss and Vesperia, it does nothing except affect the costume.
  • In Graces, it gives the character abilities that can be gained permanently after gaining enough AP.

I'm not familiar with Abyss or Vesperia as I've only played a bit of Abyss for the 3DS and never played Vesperia, but I did forget about the one for Graces. I do know that the Zestiria title system grants both stats and abilities, so I guess it takes after the Graces system?

As for the system I was looking for, I was thinking something that was a bit like Symphonia that adjusts stat growth but doesn't alter abilities or the like.

Aloe Guvner

Walrus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you explain more for those that haven't played those games, and give more examples?
Give examples of what *you* want, not of what those games already have.

The system gives different titles that characters could equip that adjust their stats (such as a title that increases Attack in exchange for reducing Speed), which were unlocked via either story progression or little sidequests and other miscellaneous achievements
This sounds to me like you just have a piece of equipment that goes in a slot called "Title" which increases ATK and lowers AGI. Maybe this is a simple example, but where is the plugin needed?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Aloe Guvner It is like a equipment slot called "Title", usually accessible through the status menu, but it doesn't increase parameters: it boosts a parameter's gain from level up.

For that the way the engine calculates parameter needs to be changed since currently it doesn't store any value, it simply calculates it based a formula than adds the equip gain on it. In order for the title system to work, it needs to store the gains in a variable since you can change title and it will preserve the previous gains.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Never play a random encounter RPG on the toilet. Just don't. Especially not one with save points instead of menu saving.
spent the entire day working on problems I was having in battle. enemy's tagging in and out was one of them.
Check out the Driftwood gamejam submissions, there's some pretty good projects in there.
Define purpose in your own words.
And assuming it doesn't contradict your definition: if someone takes your purpose away, can you get a new one?
At last, my fourth set of random sprites is finished! :kaojoy:
NebhyCL.jpg

Have fun recognizing characters!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MechaHummus