Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yuria_Dragon God_Small.png
"Knights are not distinguished on good deeds and chilvalry, but wealth and gleaming armor.

The more burnished knight will always outshine the gallant but underprivileged one."

-Sir Theodore of Gardonia

Engine

RPG Maker MV

Synopsis
You play the role of an unfortunate knight, Sir Edwin Pebbleton of Dungbottom, who desires one thing in life--to wed a fair maiden and restore his family name that his late father tarnished. Yet, Sir Edwin isn't the most prestigious knight in the land. He's poor, daft and quite unattractive. Finding a maiden to marry has proven to be a difficult task for him.

After a drunken night at the Crossroads Inn, Sir Edwin meets a guileful rogue that convinces him to embark on the adventure of a lifetime--to defeat the dreaded dragon Cinder and rescue Lord Thakk's fair daughter, Lady Isella. Finding Cinder, however, is not an easy task, and they are forced to recruit the aid of two others, locate Cinder's lair and pray they don't die in the process.

Take on the role of a comical and dimwitted band of heroes trying to survive in a world full of monsters, peril and roasted pheasant (it's quite nice). Can you rescue Lady Isella? Will Sir Edwin find the love of his life? And will the rogue, Kitrashusara, discover riches beyond his wildest dreams? Only you can determine their outcome.

Enhanced Edition
This game was first made in RPG Maker VX Ace and recently got converted into MV. Below are some of the new features for
those who may have played the VX Ace version:
  • AutoSave is no more! You are free to save multiple files at any campfire or quest log, and you can quit and load a previous save if you make a choice you're not happy with.
  • All Characters and NPC's have portraits now instead of colored text to represent who you're talking to.
  • Built in side-view battle system with newly designed combat animations using Yanfly's ActSeqPacks.
  • New scripts to fit MV version.

Features
  • Multiple decisions that will impact future choices; shaping and molding the world around you.
  • No Random Encounters. All battles are scripted into the game to encourage exploration.
  • A story driven game with plenty of dialogue and character development (a lot of action and adventure too :)
  • Comical and satirical moments intermixed with some serious and meaningful outcomes.
  • Herb Gathering, Alchemy, Mining, Treasure Hunting, Fishing and Bunny Hunting!
  • Light humor and sarcasm that brings a "Bard's Tale" type charm to the game (at least that's what I was trying to do)

Our Heroes

Edwin_R.png
Sir Edwin
Single ladies please apply! Do not fret by this young knight's ghastly appearance, his destitute coffer and his dying lands. What he lacks in knightly luxuries, he makes up for in honor and devotion. Sir Edwin enjoys long walks through the meadow and loathes bats.

Kit_R.png

Kitrashusara
Don't let this rogue's bright, crimson hair and black eye patch fool you; this kaeta is one to be trusted. He may have a bounty on his head in Yurl and Deshi Ratik, but Ostragen is a different land with new opportunities (and laws). Known as Kit by his close friends, this innocent rogue hopes to obtain mountains of treasure so that he may retire, settle down and live a quiet life deep in the forest as far away from the king and city guard as possible.

Fizrahn_R.png

Fizrahn
Prestorius University is very fortunate to have Fizrahn as part of their magical alumni. He's been valedictorian of his class and studied under the great Ghalahara the Powerful. What he has in studious intellect, he lacks in common sense, though. Note to self: when surrounded by knights clad in metal while standing in a shallow pool of water... don't cast lightning...

Tia_R.png

Tia
A cleric from The Divine Order. She's been sent on a pilgrimage by The Thesiriun in hopes to aid the innocent, smite the wicked and discover herself. She's kind, caring and possesses one mean healing spell, and she doesn't take blaspheming ogres lightly. SMITE ALL INFIDELS!

Duration
Main Story (12 hours), Main Story + Side Quests (15 hours)
*If you only play the beginning or a short duration, I'd still love the feedback :)

Download Link
Tale of Yuria - Linked from RMN w/ additional Lore & Knowledge + Download Link

Screenshots

02.PNG

04.PNG

03.PNG

05.PNG

ToY 02.PNG

The game is complete and has been tested multiple times. However; please keep in mind that there are multiple decisions and outcomes. I may have overlooked something, and there may be some minor bugs or grammatical errors. Please let me know if you find any so I can fix them. If you decide to try out my game, I hope you enjoy.

!!WARNING!! There is some mild cursing, subtle sexual references and blood. Fictional religion is in my game and any similarities to modern religion was unintentional.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a piece of input based on the screenshots. That font is really hard to read and a bit of strain on the eyes. I know you won't likely correct it for a finished game, just something to keep in mind for future development.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a piece of input based on the screenshots. That font is really hard to read and a bit of strain on the eyes. I know you won't likely correct it for a finished game, just something to keep in mind for future development.
Thanks for the feedback mlogan. I have no issues looking into a new font and very much willing to change if it is too difficult for everyone to read.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah that font has to go. Heavily-styled fonts are great for titles and other such things, but for dialog, UI elements, and such, readability is critical.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I updated my game with a less styled font to make it easier to read. You can see the new font in the screenshots.

Hope this helps, and I look forward to any feedback someone can give. Thanks for letting me know about the difficulty reading the previous font. :)

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if anyone has tried my game, but if you did... I was recently told the game crashes due to memory leaks quite a bit. If that happened to you... first, I'm sorry I didn't know/catch this before. I completely forgot to update the plugins, and after the most recent RPG Maker MV update, I believe that was the culprit for the crashing and memory leaks. They were all pretty outdated. However; all plugins are updated and the game ran using less memory when I tested it.

Old Version when playing used more memory and sat with only 1-20 MB Free. The new version used less and sat with 800-1000 MB free.

The Download link has bee updated with new version 1.3.

If you did play and this happened to you, again-I'm sorry.

OldTimer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Aerofunk80,
I experimented the same repeated crashes on Windows 7 with 4GB RAM: I greatly improved the situation by upgrading to Windows 10, selecting compatiblity with Windows 8 and desactivating the full screen mode optimisation option. If that may help...
After more 24h gaming (yes, I explored stubbornely every path and room!) the more serious issue I encountered is sometime the impossibility to give an item (tonic or potion) to an ally during a fight: the menu let me select the item, then block any further transfer. That issue seems random, and might be linked to the relative position of the giver and the ally in the formation, Edwin to Fizrahn or Tia for instance.
All in all, your game is the best I downloaded since a lot of time, congrats for the great work! I played it for more than 24h and I'm just about to enter Ravin's Gorge: the duration is far greater than the 15h you mention when you want to search every path and every room for items, gears, skills and other goodies!
Old Timer

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry OldTimer for the late response. It's been a while since I've visited the site. Glad to hear you like the game so far. It was almost a month ago since you last posted, and you were about to enter Ravin's Gorge, so I'm guessing you beat the game?

As for the healing items... I haven't heard of that or experienced it myself. I'm curious what may be causing it. I'll look into it further. I'm going to be posting another update with a few new features, along with an additional quest to kind of lead into my sequel. Be on the lookout for that. So glad to hear you played and (for the most part) enjoyed the game! :)

Eric_SD-RPG-Studio

Writer - Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like the story outline. The "slay the dragon to save a young beautiful lady" thing never really gets old.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks Eric! Hope you enjoy the game if you decide to play. Also... I'm putting out a new version of it soon. Going to have another dungeon at the end expanding the story further and explaining more of the lore. It'll also give you a taste of what's to come in Tales of Yuria 2, which I'm currently working on. :)

UnusualFive

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am loving the game, but
the boss in the abyss, in the underground of the church is really, really tough.

barnzie8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Randomly downloaded the game, on the winding road to the healer. Lot's of Guide dang it moments.
Tried to open the blue box before reading about the trap, sold the jewel to the merchant before speaking to the mage, missed a chest in the ruins, are keys found in the environment? I can see the stone quest turning out this way too.
At least one death per fight, running back to the inn all the time. Got a lockdown by speaking to the innkeeper's wife in the wrong spot. Story is interesting, wondering if it will turn out the way i think?

Attachments

Lady_JJ

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Replaying the game to try to solve quests I missed before.
(1) As many times as I encounter the alpha wolf, I am unable to come across a white wolf. Is this wolf in a different area? In my first playthrough, I kept advancing the game and there came a point when no wolves attacked me, so was unable to solve this quest. I'd like to be successful this time. [solved]

(2) 2nd bounty, Lycanthrope Tooth, I never came across this werewolf, though I did encounter many dire wolves. Is there a way to make it nightime so I can hunt the creature? Maybe the mercenary will give me more quests if I can fulfill this one? [solved]

(3) Is it possible to find a minimum of 15 ores each? I only found 6 iron and 14 mithril my first playthrough. I did purchase the pickaxe sooner this second playthrough, so maybe that will help. [solved]

(4) Burrow Worm Eggs are no longer able to be found after completing that episode? The worms stopped spawning in the mine and I had only captured 8. [solved]

I love the dialogue in the game. The storytelling is the game's best feature. I'm not crazy about the save spots being few and far between, neither am I crazy about active quests no longer being achievable. Still, the amusing exchanges among the characters more than makes up for these shortcomings.

Edit: 2nd playthrough solved all these problems, though I did have to make sure with the eggs that I got at least one with each encounter. That's a lot of reloading from the nearest save point. I did choose a second course of action with the young knightwannabe and that was definitely a better choice. Looking forward to the planned update and/or sequel. :)

Last edited:

Cezar_cr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mate, I love the colour codes above NPC's!

The puzzles are consistent and challenging, but not impossible.
Good job!

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to apologize to everyone for not responding to your posts sooner. I am so horrible at checking my thread here. Thank you all so much for playing and for the feedback. It's greatly appreciated and is extremely helpful for my future projects. I'm currently working on Tales of Yuria 2 PLUS a short story that takes place between the two.

Also--if anyone is interested, I have a Discord for updates on future projects, plus you can chat with me from time to time while I work on my games. I'll be posting some of the custom art for Tales of Yuria 2 on there, as well. I hired an artist for my sequel :rock-left::D:rock-right: DISCORD SERVER HERE

I am loving the game, but
the boss in the abyss, in the underground of the church is really, really tough.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the game :) Sorry about the difficult boss fight. I have gotten feedback on the challenging battles in my game :headshake: Working on it in my next.

Make sure you utilize crowd control abilities: Sir Edwin's Stun and Taunt, etc.

Randomly downloaded the game, on the winding road to the healer. Lot's of Guide dang it moments.
Tried to open the blue box before reading about the trap, sold the jewel to the merchant before speaking to the mage, missed a chest in the ruins, are keys found in the environment? I can see the stone quest turning out this way too.
At least one death per fight, running back to the inn all the time. Got a lockdown by speaking to the innkeeper's wife in the wrong spot. Story is interesting, wondering if it will turn out the way i think?
Yeah, the choices and consequences are permanent and (based on feedback from many others) rather annoying. Sorry about that. Glad to hear you're playing, and I'll definitely look into that bug you posted in your screenshot. I hope you continue playing and enjoy the rest of the game. If you do and have more feedback (good or bad)--I'd love to hear it. That's how I'll improve :)

Yes, keys are found in the environment (digging, chests). This is, also, a poor gameplay mechanic I implemented. Sorry.

Replaying the game to try to solve quests I missed before.
(1) As many times as I encounter the alpha wolf, I am unable to come across a white wolf. Is this wolf in a different area? In my first playthrough, I kept advancing the game and there came a point when no wolves attacked me, so was unable to solve this quest. I'd like to be successful this time. [solved]

(2) 2nd bounty, Lycanthrope Tooth, I never came across this werewolf, though I did encounter many dire wolves. Is there a way to make it nightime so I can hunt the creature? Maybe the mercenary will give me more quests if I can fulfill this one? [solved]

(3) Is it possible to find a minimum of 15 ores each? I only found 6 iron and 14 mithril my first playthrough. I did purchase the pickaxe sooner this second playthrough, so maybe that will help. [solved]

(4) Burrow Worm Eggs are no longer able to be found after completing that episode? The worms stopped spawning in the mine and I had only captured 8. [solved]

I love the dialogue in the game. The storytelling is the game's best feature. I'm not crazy about the save spots being few and far between, neither am I crazy about active quests no longer being achievable. Still, the amusing exchanges among the characters more than makes up for these shortcomings.

Edit: 2nd playthrough solved all these problems, though I did have to make sure with the eggs that I got at least one with each encounter. That's a lot of reloading from the nearest save point. I did choose a second course of action with the young knightwannabe and that was definitely a better choice. Looking forward to the planned update and/or sequel. :)
So happy to hear you enjoyed the story and dialogue. That's what I consider to be my strength. I love writing and scripting out the cutscenes. As for the save points, I will be making that better in my future projects. I haven't decided if I'm going to just let players save anywhere (via the menu) or just create more save locations. Still haven't decided on this yet, but I will improve on this in my next game.

As for the puzzles and quests... I did want to make my game challenging, but I think I went overboard on a few of the quests. It also didn't help that I had no Quest Log. Glad you enjoyed my game enough to play a second time, and that you solved all the problems you had the first time :D

If anyone else is having the same issues that Lady_JJ had, here are the solutions:

1) When you fight the wolves in Winding Pass, make sure you let them howl and summon all wolves. During one of the wolf battles, the white wolf will come.

2) Day and night only transitions during certain points in the game. There's a time that it's nighttime in Larrenburg (before the feast after you defeat Grugg). The lycanthrope can be found behind one of the houses. You'll notice a trail of blood leading to him.

3) The ore is scattered throughout caves. Some are hidden and must be found by exploring each map. I have quite a few hidden paths through trees, etc.

4) You can get the eggs randomly during battle BUT... you can also dig them up throughout Grugg's Lair at the dig spots on the ground. You'll need a spade and the dig spots are the discolored portions on the ground.

Mate, I love the colour codes above NPC's!

The puzzles are consistent and challenging, but not impossible.
Good job!
Thanks for the compliments and feedback! Did you beat the game or still playing?

Cezar_cr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Pt
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@AeroFunk80 Still playing.

This morning I came across a crash.
I left the mine where you fight the worms to save the game and it crashed right after the gate.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Cezar_cr I sent you a PM about the bug so I can try and figure out what happened and potentially fix it. Also--glad to hear you're still playing!! :D

barnzie8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Didn't find the boss at the end of the church hard, I saved the sacrifice though.
Beat the game. Level 17 at the end. Cinder's meteor only ever hit for zero.

Attachments

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe I did not receive the message!
Sorry. I'll resend. Not sure what happened.

Didn't find the boss at the end of the church hard, I saved the sacrifice though.
Beat the game. Level 17 at the end. Cinder's meteor only ever hit for zero.
Thanks for playing and the feedback. I'll be sure to fix those issues in my next update, along with Cinder's Meteor Strike... not sure what's going on there. Glad to hear you took the time to finish :)

Sorry, what do you mean you didn't find the boss? Wanted to make sure I understood that correctly. There are 3 boss outcomes you can get at the church: 1) Xandian only 2) Xandian & 1 Arch-Demon 3) Xandian & 2 Arch-Demons... which one did you get? Or are you saying a boss battle didn't even happen? That would be an unfortunate and pretty big bug I'll need to fix then LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Well it's been almost a whole year since I joined RMW, so i figured I should update my status.
This is my updated status.
Here's a sample of some pixel edits I made.

Maybe for use as sidewalks.
If there are any mods or admins online, could you please see about the re-translation pages for RPG Maker MV? They are all down :rsad:
Werewolf cons: you lose control of yourself once a month and could accidentally kill your friends. Vampire cons: no garlic bread. The choice is simple. Werewolf for sure.
2 huge market drops in 2 days. So glad I sold my non-dividend stocks about 2 weeks ago. And if the dividend ones drop heavily, hey more cheap stocks for me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
friskyomega