Talk sprite resizing using Galv's script -NEED HELP-

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Klaykrow, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Klaykrow

Klaykrow masochistfox Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Alright, so I'm using Galv's talksprite script to use larger talksprites in game rather that the box head things the vanilla program comes with.

I've used this script for my other game and it worked fine.

Now however I'm working with a team of people and their talksprite busts don't fit into the same size I was using before and are much too large, however scaling them down really messes up the quality.

Is there something in the script itself that I can change that'll scale down the pictures without actually having to do it in photoshop or something?

Like when you choose "show picture" and you show the percentage the picture is shown, but with these talk busts.

Thank you.

2. Klaykrow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    bump

3. Shiro-chan

Shiro-chan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I am fairly sure there is no way, and even if there is, really the in-game downscaling function is far far worse than what Photoshop/GIMP provide you.

4. TheoAllen

TheoAllen Self-proclaimed jack of all trades Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    First, you haven't provided the link to the script.

Second, whatever you do, resizing any graphic to smaller version is always a quality loss no matter what you do (including in-game zooming). I'm actually surprised that you choose to do it in a hard way by making a request of such feature in the script while you can do it by editing the image. And as Shiro-chan said, in game resizing function is no better either.

Shiro-chan likes this.
  5. Klaykrow

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    https://galvs-scripts.com/galvs-message-busts/

There's the link. I had posted the name of the script and its a pretty known one is all, so i guess i didnt think to link it.

also, i had scaled down the images in my first game and they lost a lot of quality so i was just wondering if there was any way to do it automatically in the script.

Also to avoid any inconsistencies when changing the sizes of the sprites since I'll have to put them in the right perimeters when changing size.

its ok though, if i dont have a choice, i dont have a choice. Just thought I'd try first before totally destroying the quality.

6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

We ask that people automatically provide a link to the web page where you got the script so that people don't have to hunt for it if they need to check something before making a suggestion.