Talk To Follower

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by mjshi, May 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Does this work with more than 1 party member? I'm not sure how it fairs considering the caterpillar movement they follow might make things complicated.

2. mjshi

mjshi Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Skurge No, you can only talk to the one directly behind you. However, if you use formation commands to switch around the second follower, you can have the dialogue change based on that.

3. simonseztech

simonseztech Warper Member

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Skurge I did a quick hack to your code to talk to other followers. You have to face the one you are talking except the second follower he will have to face you, and you will be on top. It return the ID of the follower so you can have conditional branches.

4. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    A suppose a good way around these slight complications could be to have the party member adjacent to you trigger dialogue choices asking whom you wish to speak with in your party-or to just have the other members join the chat.

Another way could be to have a common event trigger the conversation relevant to the current situation in a quest or location dependent on variables/switches and other circumstances.

Either way I'm still behind at this point to even have character interactions so i'm very keen to see how this further develops.

5. Rishi Raj Jain

Rishi Raj Jain Pokemon MV Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mjshi nice plugin, alas! pokemon don't talk, but it will the great to talk to a following rotom-dex.

<--snip--> see post below

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2018
  6. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Rishi Raj Jain
    As you are aware, Project Recruitment has its own section. Trying to recruit through other threads is not acceptable. I have, therefore, removed that part of your last post.