Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does this work with more than 1 party member? I'm not sure how it fairs considering the caterpillar movement they follow might make things complicated.

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Skurge No, you can only talk to the one directly behind you. However, if you use formation commands to switch around the second follower, you can have the dialogue change based on that.

simonseztech

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Skurge I did a quick hack to your code to talk to other followers. You have to face the one you are talking except the second follower he will have to face you, and you will be on top. It return the ID of the follower so you can have conditional branches.

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A suppose a good way around these slight complications could be to have the party member adjacent to you trigger dialogue choices asking whom you wish to speak with in your party-or to just have the other members join the chat.

Another way could be to have a common event trigger the conversation relevant to the current situation in a quest or location dependent on variables/switches and other circumstances.

Either way I'm still behind at this point to even have character interactions so i'm very keen to see how this further develops.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mjshi nice plugin, alas! pokemon don't talk, but it will the great to talk to a following rotom-dex.

<--snip--> see post below

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Rishi Raj Jain
As you are aware, Project Recruitment has its own section. Trying to recruit through other threads is not acceptable. I have, therefore, removed that part of your last post.

tvorimvsevmeste

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
русский
I'm trying to use the" Talk To Follower v1.01" plugin (it looks like a wonderful thing! Exactly what I need!), but my batch of rmmv 1.6.1 just stops moving. Please make a working demo with this plugin! Please!

albert-youkai

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
that remid me lot disgaea , that is really clever idea for add the extras lore or just few fun and puns

tvorimvsevmeste

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
русский
Sorry, It was mistake! True version:
I'm trying to use the" Talk To Follower v1.01" plugin (it looks like a wonderful thing! Exactly what I need!), but party of my characters of rmmv 1.6.1 just stops moving. Please make a working demo with this plugin! Please!

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow, this might be incredibly useful for NALE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rezalopan