eikira

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi

I am pretty sure, people already asked such a question, but i just did not found anything that helps, probably because i searched for the wrong tags/words.

So i am very new in RPG Maker, i had RPG Maker ACE but was never into it. Now i bought MV and started a real project.
I have many problems, but i do learn a lot of things thanks to a great quiet hardcore community in this field.

Let me show you first a bit my scenario:

http://puu.sh/q6GCW/61d4ed7502.jpg
http://puu.sh/q6GDN/8bfb356f39.jpg

I want to create like a commander and later add soldiers. The commander asks something, and the soldiers scream their answer back.

So and that "dialogue" i want to happen beside the players FREE movement on the map.

Of course i managed to create the simple textbox, and i also know how to make a route for the player character. But i would prefer to move freely and even more awesome it would be if i could define if the player is like 8 'stepps' away, the "bootcamp chanting" would not be displayed anymore.

In other words, i want this endless back and forth screaming by the commander and the soldiers just happening beside anything what is happening on the map. That means that merchants etc. have also to interact with the player while still the warriors in the corner doing their thing.

My english is not the best, but i hope everybody get it, what i want.

Thanks for any help.

shout-commander.jpg

shout-soldats.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Linard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try the Random type Under the Autonomous Movement in the event editor.

eikira

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Try the Random type Under the Autonomous Movement in the event editor.

thanks for the suggestion but this does not help.

maybe because i set my commander as the event himself with him as the image of the event.

also i added a route to his image, like he is walking left and right while he ask his troop. his soldiers will also be just an empty event only with their actor sprites, so that the baloontip, when they scream, can pop up over them.

is my way wrong of doing it? meaning seting an event, choosing on this event the image of the commander and make him move left and right? but i see no other possible easy way of making him walking and animate him...

for better understanding i will post the event screen and the route i made for him:

[IMG]http://puu.sh/q6JOb/105456c872.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://puu.sh/q6JSu/d0af4f8501.jpg[/IMG]

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hum, by default, when text is displayed, you cannot move. Like said before, Yangly's gab window allow you to show text and still be able to move. 
To stop the event while you're too far try using this :
https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-event-sensor/

it's in portuguese, but it's pretty easy to understand, and it should do the work.

eikira

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

yes, thank you. that is a way. but not the cleanest solution i think...

the problem i have with this is, how i can make it endless?

if i use the loop option in the event editor, 1. it does not loop the gab 2. for some reason the framerate drops to 14...

it should be like such a dialogue:

commander: Text 1

soldiers: Text 2

commander: Text 3

soldiers: Text 4

commander: Text 3

soldiers: Text 4

loop from Text 1

Hum, by default, when text is displayed, you cannot move. Like said before, Yangly's gab window allow you to show text and still be able to move. 
To stop the event while you're too far try using this :
https://atelierrgss.wordpress.com/rmv-event-sensor/

it's in portuguese, but it's pretty easy to understand, and it should do the work.

thanks, but because i am such a horrible noob, i still dont understand what to do there.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
loop without condition is a bad idea. It makes the engine having a LOT to do.

If youadd the same gab text to the list, it will be delete. I will give you more help after my work if needed.

Same here. I didn't use a lot this plugin myslef. I will give you some explanations when I will be able to use RPGM.

eikira

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
loop without condition is a bad idea. It makes the engine having a LOT to do.

If youadd the same gab text to the list, it will be delete. I will give you more help after my work if needed.

Same here. I didn't use a lot this plugin myslef. I will give you some explanations when I will be able to use RPGM.

that would be great. i appreciate it already! thanks.

InBlast

The Mad Hamster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Here's you Gab window problem !

1468967873-capture.png

Change the base wait time and the time per character to what you want (60 frames = 1second)

About the MogHunter's plugin, I don't have the time right now to make tests with it.
Download his test demo and search (it's the map with the ghost and the chicken).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TAVRAX