Tall Sprite Maker

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Resources' started by Rishi Raj Jain, Nov 23, 2017.

?

Any Suggestions?

1. More Characters each with less parts

22.7%
  2. Less Characters each with more parts

77.3%
  1. Rishi Raj Jain

Rishi Raj Jain Pokemon MV Maker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tall Sprite Maker
    (Logo coming soon, if people like the Idea)

GENERAL TALK
    I was making a Monster Maker but I realised that Chibi Characters aren't good enough for Realistic games (most games made with Parallax Maps)
    Basically Chibi Characters may be good for Fantasy game but not Realistic games.

MECHANICS
    • It will follow the same Machanics as the Inbuilt Character Generator in the MV Game Engine
    • Actually it replace the Current Generator parts.

CHARACTERS
    • Male
    • Female
    • Animal (Later)
    • Monster (Later)
    • Dragon (Later)
    • Robot (Later)

CHARACTERS SET
    • All Character set (i.e. Generator Parts) will be made according to Tall Sprite Configuration.
    • Maybe we could use the Tall Character Tamplate made by @Dan; a badger king in images Section

SETTING
    • As for now not much needed.
    • But for Later I may need some Coder to Increase the Default limited (which supports 3 characters, i.e. Male, Female, Child) of the MV Game engine inbuilt Generator.

IMAGES
    You can Check the Tamplates on Dan's Thread

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/tall-mack--character-templates-with-mv-heads.77002/

Dan has asked to remove the Tamplates, respecting his request I'm taking down the Tamplate Images from the thread, as he is still updating the Tamplates.

DOWNLOAD LINK

It will take time to make any Release

NOTE : People who don't know what's Monster Maker I mentioned, can check the Link:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/monster-maker-pocket-monster-edition.85901/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rishi Raj Jain Dan; the badger king has asked that this template not be reposted here. In order to respect their wishes, please remove the images. If these are the templates you wish to use, I strongly suggest that you private message the user to seek permission, and in the future, you need to secure such permission before proceeding with a project like this, not after.

3. Rishi Raj Jain

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mlogan Well sure I would have asked him earlier, but when I read on his Thread that he want to see what people can do with those Tamplates, I thought those Tamplates are good enough to make a Tall Sprite Generator.

But Let me ask him.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  4. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Rishi Raj Jain I do understand that, and have pointed out to them they need to clarify their terms if they do not want them reposted. Nevertheless, they have brought it up, so, please take down the images until you get clarification.

5. Rhino

Rhino ~Inactive~ Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    As far as I remember, threads in this sub-forum (RPG Maker MV Resources) don't go through a moderation queue, so it's hard to say that it's actually been 'approved'. (I think this thread actually needs to moved to project recruitment instead.)

You're correct in thinking that you can edit parts of MV software- e.g. anyone can edit the rpg_*'s files that are found in every project. However, you can't edit the MV editor/user interface. This is the reason why many plugins have their own external editors, as they're not allowed to create new buttons or modify the layout of the actual UI. So, I'd imagine that edits to the inbuilt editor to allow space for larger image files or to increase the number of character tabs (male/female/kid) would not be allowed.

Of course, I'm not a mod or a lawyer. I can't say with 100% certainty that this isn't allowed as I don't know where in the software license it lists this, but I think I've seen people told before that they can't modify the software in such a way. You'd have to speak to someone with authority to actually confirm this.

6. Rishi Raj Jain

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Archeia my friend, Can you please clearfy till what extend we can add resources.

7. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom, Ham of a Hamster Veteran

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can add any resources you want, you just cannot modify the interface. So for example if you add tall sprite, it should be no problem. However, you cannot edit the editor to have a new label called "Tall sprites". There is nothing that prevents you from utilizing an external app to generate tall sprites though.

8. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We are discussing this. When I first approved it, I was more focused on whether you could use dan's templates or not and I missed that you were intending to change the engine's code, mistakenly thinking you were building a separate generator like the one already available (Schlangan's?).

Please have some patience until we can get a solid answer on whether this topic will be allowed to stay or not.

9. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
  10. Rishi Raj Jain

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you guys @mlogan @Archeia @Poryg for clearifying this to me, and @Rhino for pointing out the term, I will talk to @Schlangan about it.
    Because Maybe at the moment the Project is not Focused on Changing the UI but on long run it might be required to tinker with the interface.
    For which an external Generator will be much legal.