Hey guys :)

What i want to create is the ability to tame a creature your battling

what i have done is

created a skill called tame creature that applies a state called tame 

the state applied::

i then created a conditional branch in the troop settings:

when slime has state tame inflicted

call common event

the second conditional branch removes the slime if tame attempt works (if it works)

*edit: hmm i just realised that the initial event page will only activate after slime 1s hp is below 40% but i suppose that the 2 condition branches could be placed at a new event page.. and every event page after?! lol

and the common event that gets called:

the summon slime skill that is learned goes to a common event that=  +party member [slime] 

and finally to remove any summoned creatures at the end of battle this will be placed in win loose or escape .. i guess:

atleast there aren't to many creatures you can tame.. there are more than you see here though

also i only used the slime as an example, i know i'd need to create one for each type of summonable creature :p

Does anyone have a better cleaner idea rather than this convaluted jumble?  >.<

(ignoring scripts)

thanks for any help and advice! >.<

*edit: also just realised that the actor only needs to tame 1 slime to summon as many slimes as they want, a complication.. i was thinking that when they get the skill i could place a: if actor [slime] in party remove summon slime skill, but then how do i get it back..  as they have tamed already, perhaps in the same common event a 'return skill at end of battle i suppose the seal skill until end of battle or something...  

sorry i probably would not have put this up after now realising the problems... but then i probably wouldn't have realised if i hadn't hehe :p

Last edited by a moderator:

izanamikun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm sure there's a script for it, but I'm not good with scripting. However, your common event... is that set up so that the player gets the skill at random? You *could* instead add 1 to the variable during the battle so that whenever you tame a slime, they are working up to the slime summon~ and then each time you use the skill, decrease the variable through a common event by X so that the player has to keep taming slime to keep the summon skill available.

Why do you take 40 HP from the whole party though upon taming? Just wondering.

bobisme

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
its not taking 40 apon taming its an attempt to tame, a 1 in 7 chance of succeeding the other 6 equal failure and the creature attacks you instead of joining, apon it succeeding you learn the summon slime skill and the creature you successfully tamed disappears from the battle as if to say it is waiting to be called apon

adding 1 to the variable would mean that it will always take a set amount to tame/summon i guess and i don't want the player to know that if i do this '3' times i will always get the creature i'm after. Also, after you tame the creature you get to keep it, nice idea about having to repeat though, to ensure it stays tame.

i was thinking that would be the initial tame skill and apon paying to advance skills as you progress through the game the variable chance will be reduced,  also higher level creatures will give a higher damage when failure to tame, so there is risk in the attempt, you could try to tame the high lvl creature but it could cost 100 hp, so be prepared for pain as it wont always work :p

maybe one in seven is a bit harsh, and the 40 hp was a number thrown out to be adjusted per creature, though.. i dunno if it even works lol adjusting it now to give it a run..

i thought i had it but wasn't sure and was wondering if there was an easier way and wanted ppls OP's before i implemented, so thank you for yours >.<

izanamikun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It sounds like an interesting system you've got for taming. I'm still fairly sure there's a better way to do it with scripting, but then again I know very little about scripting so maybe not. I hope you find a way that is perhaps less monotonous, as doing this for every enemy would probably get exhausting!

Although to save on space, you could just use a tame switch in the common event and have the actual tame skill set on the troop events. Then you could focus on the specifics on the common event changing over time without worrying about throwing in more monsters in the same place.

Good luck though with getting it to work out how you're envisioning! Hope my thoughts help out a bit. ;)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mfgnd