TamFey's Timed Button Attacks

Badab0um11

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Recently, I stumbled upon TimedButtonAttacks and it was the perfect fit for the game I'm building. Since there has not been much update for a while, I decided to look a bit into the code myself and fix the undefined error. I'm happy to say it's all good now! I also added a feature to count successive hits or fails so that a skill is only triggered let's say after 4 successive hits. Check the help on how to use it if it's something you want.

FYI, I did try to contact TamFey to see if he wanted to update the script himself but I haven't heard back form him. In any case, I still want to thank him for a great script and I hope this new version can help some of you!

By the way, I'm currently looking to implement some core changes to improve the timings of the script across different systems. I find that, especially for long songs which is what I'm trying to build for my game, the timing vary a lot depending on the frame rate. My PC is definitely not slow, but when I play on my friend's overpowered machine, the notes come in much faster. On my tablet, the whole song would finish and I would have seen only half of the arrows! Anyways, I'll update you all if I find the solution to this. Cheers!

Attachments

ItaliaVeneziano1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This plugin is awesome, I did some more work with it, I'm not still sure if this will work for what I'm making right now, but there is another idea I have that it will be fine for.

As for the problem I had before, it's fixed.

Last edited:

TheGamester

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Recently, I stumbled upon TimedButtonAttacks and it was the perfect fit for the game I'm building. Since there has not been much update for a while, I decided to look a bit into the code myself and fix the undefined error. I'm happy to say it's all good now! I also added a feature to count successive hits or fails so that a skill is only triggered let's say after 4 successive hits. Check the help on how to use it if it's something you want.

FYI, I did try to contact TamFey to see if he wanted to update the script himself but I haven't heard back form him. In any case, I still want to thank him for a great script and I hope this new version can help some of you!

By the way, I'm currently looking to implement some core changes to improve the timings of the script across different systems. I find that, especially for long songs which is what I'm trying to build for my game, the timing vary a lot depending on the frame rate. My PC is definitely not slow, but when I play on my friend's overpowered machine, the notes come in much faster. On my tablet, the whole song would finish and I would have seen only half of the arrows! Anyways, I'll update you all if I find the solution to this. Cheers!
hey dude i'm having a little problem with the target actions can you help

Seibur

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Hi! Not link to download demo

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
So has anyone gotten this to work with a front view battle system? Everything is working as intended for me, except the hit and miss effects. No matter if I hit or miss, nothing happens.

I copied the note tag straight from the plugin file, so I’m not sure if I’m just doing something wrong.

I’m also not using action sequences because it’s fromt view... anyone else run into this?

EDIT: Not sure if anyone is reading this thread, but I got it to work. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jmanzon

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
anyone who has a copy of the demo? the demo is no longer available in dropbox

Nectar

Bees love me.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bump... requesting a copy of the demo as it doesn't work nor do the plugins function properly...

Rockenberg

Someone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've been doing some pretty extensive searching for the demo as well as trying to get the plugin to work properly. Not sure if anyone else was able to find anything, but I'll post it here as an edit, if I do manage to find something.

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
It might have an old version floating around, but it will be a while before I can look

Rockenberg

Someone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, really?! I definitely wanna see it whenever you get the chance to look for it!

I'll still keep looking for an updated version, in hopes that there actually is one.

EDIT #1:
So, I managed to get it to work, but for some reason, it causes the game's frames to drop horribly.

I can put together a demo for the plugin, but I don't know what to do about the frame drop issue.

EDIT #2:

Updated Demo for TamFey's Timed Button Attack is finished. Hopefully someone can find a way to bless this poor plugin.

Last edited:

EVOLVgames

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Updated Demo for TamFey's Timed Button Attack is finished. Hopefully someone can find a way to bless this poor plugin.
Nice work! I am (and have been since April) using this plugin for some attacks in Harmonic Odyssey, but it's not without fault and does tend to lag when you get a ton of arrows all over the screen. The memory issues I have seem to be remedied by closing the game and opening it again. I am also using it sparingly, so it's not terribly glaring when it slows down.

I would like to continue to work with it and on it, and now that I see some people have shown interest in it once more, perhaps we can come up with some solutions to get it working really nicely. Meantime, I am happy to lurk around and throw my 2 cents in when it comes to questions about its use.

Shamboyu

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I love this plugin, I had issues with trying to get it to start but I figured it out eventually

Last edited:

Rockenberg

Someone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Attachments

VyZi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Bump, Still waiting for a script like this in RMVXAce ;-;

RicoRob

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese (Br)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make this plugin wait for an action before executing itself?
For example (using Yanfly's action sequences):
<setup action>
common event: 15
</setup action>

<tba down ArrowDown 110 3 5 11>
<tba up ArrowUp 130 3 5 11>
It completely ignores the code above it (I guess it's expected, since it's not part of Yanfly's plugin), so it runs at the same time as the common event.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've had some hard times. A co-worker accused me (not going into detail here), and I am trying finish training next week. Still not paid yet, I think next week.
I don't like hard boiled eggs...
it's weird to eat something that crunchy outside soft inside. And after chewing it for a while it started to spill red sauces that taste like iron.
Latest member to OcRam -plugin suite: OcRam_Layers! Optimized parallax layers (for parallax mapping?) + dynamic layers which can be used in title-, battle and map scenes!
People convinced me to use my old graphics for this new project, i guess i can't run away from blender just yet. https://gyazo.com/2a105847c042bb78c6d4919ec1308660

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
productscrack