RMMV tank vs firebolt the game: demo available

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by dumcatguy, Jan 31, 2018.

?

cool

Poll closed Feb 2, 2018.
  1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. yeah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dumcatguy

dumcatguy coolest cat in town Member

First Language:
    eng.
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tank vs Firebolt: the cool and new game

synopsis
    • this is my first game, about my two pets, tank the dog and firebolt the cat.
    • This is a pretty typical rpg so far, as I am not very good at specific scripting.
    • You play as the dog tank, and are on a quest to stop the evil cat taking over the land. You will be joined by more people to help you on you quest. There are extremly varied enemies from "bugy looking thing" to "ice cream man" .
    • Game play is pretty simple and basic for an rpg. You figt enemys in turn based battles, having ".hp." (hurtness points) and ".hpp." (harry potter points). The monetary system is COOL bux, the equivlent of gold. You get COOL bux for winning battles.
    • Title screen features a custom cover of "All Star"
    • There is one boss in the demo, but currently 2 as of writing this.
    • I am planning to implement mspaint made comics/cutscenes. An example would be the opening cutscene.
    • A lot of default things are used, as it is my first game. However, all tiles, character sprites, enemies, music, animations, and sf are custom. However, some custom things are not in the demo, as the demo was releaes prior to making them.
    • There will be a total of 4 playable characters.
    • The background are made in Ms paint, and the sprites in paint dot net
    • Most music is from either spongebob or sonic.
    • Alot of content in the demo differs in my current personal version.
    • Important note: it is stylistically bad. don't critique the visuals (unless you have ideas to make it worse.) I recommend playing the demo to get a feel for the game before critiquing, due to its "unique" style. I would love to here ideas though, especially for bosses and areas.
    • NOTE 2: ALL MISSSPELLISNG ARE INTENTIONAL.
    • I have a website: https://dumcatguy.wixsite.com/cool (warning: may damage eyes due to great graphic designs). I will post blog updates there from time to time, so look out for that. (if anyone at all is even interested in this game.)
    • If there are any glitches please let me know and I will fix them.
    • An updated Demo will release soon.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

characters
    • Tank the dog: cool pomerian. wants to stop firebolt
    • Firebolt the cat: evil cat, wants to take over the world
    • Mouse Cena: cool guy, want to fight fire bolt beaus firebolt stole his besketbal hoop.
    • Anti-Mouse Cena: Firebolts evil assistant. He is the first boss.
    • OTHER CHARACTER WILL BE ADDED LATER INTO DEVELOPMENT.

download
    here is the gamejolt link: https://gamejolt.com/games/Verycoolgameforcoolpeopleonly/307206.
    note:demo is outdated, will be updated soon.

Kwerty and Nightblade50 like this.
  2. Nightblade50

Nightblade50 Developer of "Delta Origins" Veteran

First Language:
    English, French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ha ha, cute game! If you PM me your resources, I can add transparency, that will fix the problem with the battlers showing a white background.

Kwerty likes this.
  3. Kwerty

Kwerty Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    as a project that doesn't take itself too seriously - it seems imaginative and fun, if you do it "right", this could actually be a very unique and fun experience! Good luck with it

Nightblade50 likes this.