Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Screen Effects - Focus Attack Visibility
by richter_h (a.k.a. Richter II)
Introduction
You know, it'll be a more dramatic when a certain spellcaster casts Chaos Meteor that showing rain of chaos in enemy's area WITHOUT showing the rest of party member (who just stand still and watch the world burn by the fiery rock balls falling from the sky).
And in Eremidia: Dungeon!, you can spot some characters who cast their skills/spells with the mentioned effect earlier--make other party and enemies disappear for a while, and show the glorious animations and sequence as well with the effects on the screen.

Feel lyka bosch, eh?

Hence, this add-on comes to us.
With simple configuration, you can spice your glorious animations and fancy sequences up thus increasing player's gaming experience.

Note: This only works with Tankentai SBS only. I can't make a deal with other battle system for now.

Updated to 1.0a for a minor fix that previously making dead party to be invisible forever

Features
- Makes designated battlers to temporarily vanish from screen when the action started. They'll be back after the action finishes.
- Simple configuration

Screenshots
I bring screenshots from Eremidia: Dungeon!, where I use this add-on.

oDZltnA.png

Notice the battle status. There are actually 4 actors in battle.
hXDrQ8w.png
9lVzzm6.png
How to Use
Place below the Sideview and ATB scripts in the script editor.
- Want to show only the active battler and his/her target? Put "VANISH_OTHER" in an action sequences, preferably just before other key sequences.
- Want to show only the active battler and ALL the enemies? Put "VANISH_ALLIES" in an action sequences, preferably just before other key sequences.

Check the script for details.

Demo
Nope. Not needed. Try it to a fresh project with Tankentai SBS w/out ATB installed.

Script
It's here. http://tny.cz/c3d7746e

FAQ

Q: Bugs?
A: None at the moment. If you find one, let me know.

Q: How can I make this works with my battleback?
A: For now I make this script to work independently. If you use battleback script and want to the battleback takes the effect of this add-on, just tell me and let's see if we can make a deal.

Credit and Thanks
- richter_h
- Yanfly for the base idea. Basically, it's derived from the YEM
- Mr. Bubble for the reference for base structure of methods

Author's Notes
There is a known issue that if you use ATB, it'll leave an active battler AND a party member in command to stand still in battle when an action performed. It's normal, by the way. If you want to get rid of this issue, I'll make it done ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

flipsomel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I've already said this, but your script is pretty cool!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News for 24th October 2021

So got my hearing tested to see if it was the cause of my mishearing what people say. Test showed no problems but talked with the doctor about anxiety and ADHD causing hearing issues and she agreed and also added that some people hear things differently. With my anxiety cause I am in fight or flight I pay attention to all the sounds in the area so body knows when react. Can't pay attention to one source.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biotictrash