Tankentai/Journey Issue [States]

Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, I have been having this issue for a while now, and this to me is "game breaking." It seems that journey only allows for states to be applied or removed. It does not give the option to chose a 10% or 30% chance of a state being applied. Is there ANY way to get around this? Other wise I will just give up on journey.  It is a very nice battle system, but without the ability to give percentiles to states I can't use this.

In case someone feels like helping, this is what I want to do"

Skill: Fire Ball

effect: 30% chance to inflict Burn State

Journey says "NO! I NO LET YOU!"

-Edit-

@Ander thats wierd, I thought i had posted inscript support.

@optimum  I noticed a section in journey that did relate to states and found that my skills would not apply states unless I used this section:

#===============================================================================
# ● Action keys: State operations.
#===============================================================================
#
# Type ► Always 'sta', do not change this.
#
# Target ► [0=self] [1=target] [2=all enemy's] [3=all ally's] [4=everyone] [random target]
#
# Extensions ► extended targeting. [0=none] [1= random target] [2=exclude yourself]
#
# Operation ► ["+" = gives the state],  ["-" = removes the state]
#
# StateID ► the ID of the states that you wish to apply. Can apply more states at once
#          if you use it as an array.(like 1, 2, 3]

#► State.op keys            type    target    ext.   oper.   stateID
  "GIVE_KO"         => ["sta",  0,   0, "+",  [1]],
  "BURN"            => ["sta", 1, 0, "+", [26]],
  "FEAR"            => ["sta", 1, 0, "+", [37]],
  "DEEP_FREEZE"     => ["sta", 1, 0, "+", [36]],
  "INVERSE"         => ["sta", 1, 0, "+", [27]],
  "RE_CONF"         => ["sta", 3, 0, "-", [5]],
  "RE_SLEEP"        => ["sta", 3, 0, "-", [6]],
  "RE_STUN"         => ["sta", 3, 0, "-", [8]],
and when I use this, its an all or nothing kind of thing. Either the state is applied or it is not. I cant control the percent value at all (overides the database). 

I want to know if there is a work around to apply percents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

RGSS3 Scripts is for completed scripts only

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Journey doesn't have anything to do with this.

You can set percentage based state effects for skills under the skills tab, in the effects section.

Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Ander thats wierd, I thought i had posted inscript support.

@optimum  I noticed a section in journey that did relate to states and found that my skills would not apply states unless I used this section:

# ● Action keys: State operations.
#
# Type ► Always 'sta', do not change this.
#
# Target ► [0=self] [1=target] [2=all enemy's] [3=all ally's] [4=everyone] [random target]
#
# Extensions ► extended targeting. [0=none] [1= random target] [2=exclude yourself]
#
# Operation ► ["+" = gives the state],  ["-" = removes the state]
#
# StateID ► the ID of the states that you wish to apply. Can apply more states at once
#          if you use it as an array.(like 1, 2, 3]

#► State.op keys            type    target    ext.   oper.   stateID
  "GIVE_KO"         => ["sta",  0,   0, "+",  [1]],
  "BURN"            => ["sta", 1, 0, "+", [26]],
  "FEAR"            => ["sta", 1, 0, "+", [37]],
  "DEEP_FREEZE"     => ["sta", 1, 0, "+", [36]],
  "INVERSE"         => ["sta", 1, 0, "+", [27]],
  "RE_CONF"         => ["sta", 3, 0, "-", [5]],
  "RE_SLEEP"        => ["sta", 3, 0, "-", [6]],
  "RE_STUN"         => ["sta", 3, 0, "-", [8]],
and when I use this, its an all or nothing kind of thing. Either the state is applied or it is not. I cant control the percent value at all (overides the database). 

I want to know if there is a work around to apply percents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Suitemate: "Do you have detergent"
Me: "Ya, the spray kind"
Me: *realizes he said detergent, not deodorant*
Me: "Guess I'll die!"
If there's one thing I hate about myself, it's that I procrastinate. Ever since I started looking stuff up on how to properly balance and create armour, weapons and skills; I've let myself down in progress.
So I was at the dentist yesterday and she said,"I'm gonna propose to Dr. Anderson...(Then she paused as she thought what to say). And I said,"I think he is a little old for you." She laughed good naturedly. Then she jabbed sharp things in my mouth for the next 3 hours.
Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
Kid : "MOOOMM! My poop is bloody red!" Me, an intellectual : "There's worm parasite inside your body. You gonna die soon."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemiRemi