Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok, REAL question this time! 

Target ► The actor OR enemy that performs the action.
#        ► [0 = self] [1 = Target] [2 = all enemy's] [3 = all ally's] [4 = everyone] [5 = second target] [6 = screen]
#

I am a little confused about the explanation for target. It says:

Target ► "The actor OR enemy"   that performs the action.
but then has this:

► [0 = self] [1 = Target]
if Target refers to the one performing the action, why is there the options for self and Target?

My guess is that Target in the second row refers to the enemy, but I may be incorrect.

-Edit- Can anyone help me with this:

Last edited by a moderator:

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're reading into it to much.  It's really that simple.

The Movement has to define a target.  If it's set to 0, the move command will move the actor that is calling the sequence.  If it's set to 4, it will move *everyone* when that movement is called.  That's all it is.

Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
OK thank you! I do have another question though, I have noticed that under the animation keys "ID" is sometimes set

to a negative number, and in other places "target" is set to negative as well. Is there a difference when setting something

as negative and positive (aside from coordinates?)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeraphimRosenhart