Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As I was messing around making my own Action Keys, I found my self wondering: Is there any way to make a Movement action key

that Jumps towards the "Selected Enemy".

Capture2.PNG

in this Picture I show 2 enemies; my skill causes the Actor to jump towards the "red Enemy" and play an animation on them. However when I Select the "blue Enemy" it still leaps towards the "red Enemy" but the animation plays on the "blue Enemy".

Is it possible to make an action key to leap towards the selected enemy, and land say 10 pixels in front of them?

Here is what I used for jumping Action Key:

"BFH_JUMP"      => ["move", 0, -260,   0,   0,-10,   0, [ 20,-20], "MOVE_LEFT"],

Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
LOL, uuuhhhh... so I guess I just solved my own question (need to experiment more).

Just in case anyone else might have been wondering the same thing:

"BFH_JUMP"      => ["move", 0, -260,   0,   0,-10,   0, [ 20,-20], "MOVE_LEFT"],

switch the target too 1 and if you want to leap in front of enemy put a positive like 30

"BFH_JUMP"      => ["move", 1, -30,   0,   0,-10,   0, [ 20,-20], "MOVE_LEFT"],

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The best advice I can give you with Journey is to play with it.  Copy your file and use #2 to experiment.  That's how I learned, and that's kind of why I can manipulate it, but I really can't explain it   :guffaw:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Majestyyummy