Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1st: I tried to make a new enemy in slot 31 on the enemy tab, and now the enemy wont display a weapon nor an animation.

2nd: when switching over to Journey from Tankentai, would I just have to make my skills the same way I did with tankentai or is there a new method (I used method from Passive Lion's guide).

-Edit- I seem to have incorrectly worded my question: These two SBS are the same except for one being in english and the other being in Japanese? If so then my second question is answered. As for my first question, thank you optimum45 for pointing me in the right direction!

-Edit 2- Something I noticed when comparing the 2 SBS. When I made a new skill (using the guide Passive Lion provided),

it had me put this:

"MizuKami" => ["m_a",[0,120], 0, 1, [ 0, 0], [ 0, 0], 10, 0, [ 0, 0], true, [ true, true], true, true, true, true, false, ""], 

In what I now know to be a section called "Projectile Keys."  Is that where new skills go?

Last edited by a moderator:

optimum45

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Journey with Ace has a much different setup style than Tankentai did with VX.

Find Enemy Primary Weapon Settings in Journey Configuration.  I worked around this by having a "standard" weapon for most visual combatants, that being a blade or sword.  My first 10 weapon slots are "dummy weapons" with no stats, each to match the different types of weapons.  So my code in this section looks like this.

def enemy_weapon1_id    case id

when -1

return 10

when -2 

return 8

when -5

return 6

when -4

return 4    

else

return 1

end

end

I don't know why it makes me put in negative ID numbers for the monsters, but it works for me that way.  If someone else could explain this better, I would appreciate it as well.   :)

I have only started scratching the surface of what it can do, and I have a lot to learn myself, so if anyone has any better options, I would be glad to hear them.

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
how enu settle the id he make when you use a negative number it will take in consideration the Enemy_ID that's all :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My Overworld might be a mix of inspiration from 2D Final Fantasy games, Breath of Fire, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Super Mario World, and Pillars of Eternity. If I can make it more in-depth than just walking from point A to point B, that might do a lot for the gameplay experience. Hmm...
Terribly depressed. Worst birthday I've had in years, no motivation to work on anything. Still no income. At least I've got my computer running again.
Doing RPG Maker News for 19th September 2021

Stream will be live with some Dark Souls 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbird1993