Tankentai/Journey Questions [Part 11: Making a Blink Strike Skill]]

Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ok so I am attempting to make a "Blink Strike" skill (as the title mentions above). My issue is that I can't seem to get the "blink" part to work. I tried increasing the speed for certain action keys and reduceing the number of times movement key animations would loop. but it still looks like the player is just walking quickly toward the enemy.

Here is my action key(s) that I am using for movement:

"JUMP_LEFT"      => ["motion", "", 1, 0, 1, 2, 10, true, true, ""],
  "JUMP_RIGHT"      => ["motion", "", 2, 0, 1, 2, 10, true, true, ""],
i'm not sure what i am doing wrong, any advice?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
erm... motions are not what who make movement in tankentai you have to use "move" key for that and they have a  time of completation if I remember for the movement

Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, well here is what i have for the move keys:

"STEP_JUMP"          => ["move", 1, -50,   0,   0,-100,   0, [  0,  0], "JUMP_LEFT"],
  "STEP_JUMP2"          => ["move", 1,  400,   0,   0,-100,   0, [  0,  0], "JUMP_RIGHT"],

Zacyia

Ambition
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nevermind, for some reason I kept putting the speed at a higher number lol!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making his first game
This scene was suppose to be a test... but now, it's going in the game as official side/optional content. :kaosalute:

functionality(This is function demo not game demo)
1 The door of ABS map can open upon clearing all the monsters
2 Secret room/road arrow/lighting/whatever others can be shown upon clearing too
3 Boss HP bar and loot effect, loot jump and item name color as well as the pick-up animation effect
4 Back to town and "victory aftermath" screen for ABS maps/rooms
Playing one of the two RM2k3 games I was best known for back in the day, one I made in the Spring semester of my Freshmen year in college like 15 years ago, feeling all kinds of ways about it. I have not played this game in WELL over 10 years. I feel a million years old RN.
One of these days, I need to find/figure out how to replicate the Brave/Default system. Heheh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bagil