Wishdream

The Rune Knight of Dreams, Game Dev All-Rounder, M
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Tankentai Sideview Battle System v1.00
Wish English Translation Project + Improved Demo v1.1
 ​
Original Script and Author: Enu (http://rpgex.sakura.ne.jp/home/material/)

Translator: Wishdream (http://wishdream.org/)

Version: Script v1.00 / Translation v1.2d

Type: Battle System / Battle Engine

WARNING: This script is not for beginners.
I will try to support though if there are problems in the system.
 ​
This script is not plug-and-play. Advanced users only.
If you are new to RMVXA, please use Theo SBS instead.
No instructions will be provided on how to install.
 ​
I AM WELL AWARE OF THE JOURNEY SBS THREAD.
This is a separate translation from there, you can choose either one.
I will not support Journey here though.
 ​
This thread is for my version of the translation and improved plugins, skills and demos. Exploiting it's advantages and possible techniques. Also incoming patches to existing systems as well. This also keeps many of the original formatting and a bit extended documentation for clarification, formatting to be easier in the eyes and small tweaks has been added.

Introduction:

Greetings and salutations, I'm Wishdream. You may know me before as Issa from my Tankentai Animation Shop, or probably Xeol from my old projects.

I've been wondering for quite a while why there isn't any actual translation of the Tankentai system, all I've seen is instructions to make it work. So I did what I did, a 100% translation of the system. Not exactly useful without documentation, so I took my time to translating this.

I understand that this script is also not translated because it is recognized for it's ease of use but a lot of those people cannot use it to the extent of using it on it's fullest potential. For that, I shall be releasing support of this IMMEDIATELY. So I will repeat my warnings, advanced users only.

Otherwise, I hope this proves to be helpful to the users who are still interested in this.

It is not required that you credit Enu, but for those who are using my translation please at least credit my work. Along with Enu most likely if you are using the system.

Important Note: This is a sideview battle system, sideview as in any direction sideview. See examples of this in the screenshots.

Features:

• Custom animated battler per character
  • In-Battle script execution
  • Free format battler sprite
  • Built-In Damage Counter
  • Sequential pattern or single cell battler sequence
  • Battle camera
  • Image transitions
  • Background, foreground, sound programming
  • The rest, check it out for yourself.
Changelog:

• v1.1 - All Actions, Programs, Full Actions, Skills and Animations Translated
  • v1.0 - Start of Project, All Documentation Translated
Screenshots:

Demo Version

Original Japanese Version

Video:

Coming Soon... Currently Editing

Scripts:

Script Dropbox Folder

Demos:

• Basic Demo: Download Here
  • Improved Demo (Re-created Basic + Tweaks): Coming Soon...
  • Extra Demo (Improv +Different Battle Templates[Not Kaduki] + Skill Improvements): Coming Soon...
  • Wishdream Demo (Wishdream's Skill Demo + Extra): Coming Soon...
FAQ:

Q: High Compatibility Rate?

A: Most likely it will, but is untested, test it out yourself to figure it out.

Q: Different battlers per character?

A: You can use all kinds of different formats with each character, heck you can mix Kaduki, 2k3, Minkoff and even Holder's

in one game, but in order to do that, you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Q: So, that goes along with enemies right?

A: Yep. But just like the above, you'll have to figure it out and experiment.

Q: Is this script compatible with...

A: One way to find out? I can't really help you if it doesn't. Try, experiment, debug.

Q: You're so mean because you won't help.

A: Well, I already told you that it's for advanced users and it does not have any support so you can't really call on me on that.
Author's Note:

Before I leave you guys, if you are new and really want to use this, I encourage you to test, debug and experiment.

Otherwise, well... check out Theo's instead, it's much more better to understand and easier to use so go try that out.

Have fun!

- Wishdream

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it is good you take your time to translate the script but you have few mistakes

first Enu Still support the script just don't continue to update it because he don't see the point

but good job

for have translate this

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't download the demo yet. But did you also translate the actual script part? I mean... the one script slot which should not be modified by user? I found in Elise's version, it doesn't translated yet.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From what I saw, the script comments are still in JP.

Wishdream

Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
I haven't download the demo yet. But did you also translate the actual script part? I mean... the one script slot which should not be modified by user? I found in Elise's version, it doesn't translated yet.
I only have it 1/8 translated. I'm planning to translate this so I could understand what each function possibly does so I can learn from the code and apply it to my personal SBS.

I don't plan to change any code though. Just the comments to clarify.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you mean the system part? for elise version she work on it

I only have it 1/8 translated. I'm planning to translate this so I could understand what each function possibly does so I can learn from the code and apply it to my personal SBS.

I don't plan to change any code though. Just the comments to clarify.
so in simple this is not 100% you should mark xD...but more Project translation it will be more clear xD

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
you mean the system part? for elise version she work on it
I forgot what is the slot name :p

Anyway, it's great to know that it will be translated

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have no intention to offense. But this offers BETTER translation than Elise's version

For comparison, look at this screenshot

In wishdream style is more similar translation as Tankentai VX version which I'm also familiar with it.

Tankentai / Journey battle system users should consider the translation of these two

And also... the anime keys are not uppercased like Elise's version which in my opinion it provides readability

Thanks for sharing this. Time to steals some Enu's idea

One more thing.

Where and when the "BATTLE_PROGRAM" is called? I mean, where do we put the key "Background to Fort" in script settings?

I tried to search using CTRL + SHIFT + F and I found nothing.

EDIT :
I'm also waiting for the translation of the system part :p

Keep up the great works!

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no intention to offense. But this offers BETTER translation than Elise's version

For comparison, look at this screenshot

In wishdream style is more silimar translation as Tankentai VX version which I'm also familiar with it.

Tankentai / Journey battle system users should consider the translation of these two

And also... the anime keys are not uppercased like Elise's version which in my opinion it provides readability

Thanks for sharing this. Time to steals some Enu's idea

One more thing.

Where and when the "BATTLE_PROGRAM" is called? I mean, where do we put the key "Background to Fort" in script settings?

EDIT :

I'm also waiting for the translation of the system part :p

Keep up the great works!
lol not offensed at all this is not ''better'' translate wish just add extra information xD 

Elise just follow  what Enu said letter by letter without add extra information 

batle program is called for the  battle camera purpose so a lot in the battle_camera class

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There's nothing wrong with having several translations. And it's always appreciated when the translator goes an extra mile to make the script accessible. Translators over various media (anime as well) add what they called Translator Notes or (TL) on some subtitles. In a sense, yes it's better Translated for going that extra mile.

I'm not sure what is your issue Nio. There's nobody stopping from using both versions or referencing wish's translation while still using Elise's.

Wishdream

Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
One more thing.

Well, it's actually called already within the start of the battle already. The key is just a name for the setting.

The purpose of battle program is to allow you to program or in a better way, direct switches, variables, and a few other settings that happens automatically in battle.

The Switch Manipulation part of Battle Program is timed from the very start of the battle.

Everything else after that is affected by which switches are turned on or off.

1/2 way done with the system part as well :D Expect an update by the end of the week or later. As well, my internet is getting replaced so I may not be able to post updates for a while.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's nothing wrong with having several translations. And it's always appreciated when the translator goes an extra mile to make the script accessible. Translators over various media (anime as well) add what they called Translator Notes or (TL) on some subtitles. In a sense, yes it's better Translated for going that extra mile.

I'm not sure what is your issue Nio. There's nobody stopping from using both versions or referencing wish's translation while still using Elise's.
I never say this was something wrong if I give the impression sorry to this xD...

of what meaned is like you said for me this not ''a better'' translation this just adding extra information  and elise just not Adding extra information (just translating is native language is hard like a hell xD ) like in case I just use a bad way to express my opinion sorry if I sounded mean ._. was the last of my intention 

Well, it's actually called already within the start of the battle already. The key is just a name for the setting.

The purpose of battle program is to allow you to program or in a better way, direct switches, variables, and a few other settings that happens automatically in battle.

The Switch Manipulation part of Battle Program is timed from the very start of the battle.

Everything else after that is affected by which switches are turned on or off.

1/2 way done with the system part as well :D Expect an update by the end of the week or later. As well, my internet is getting replaced so I may not be able to post updates for a while.
just when we speak about the System part and the battle program I tried to fix the issue people don't want zoom battleback in battle but play with the battle camera can provoke a lot of bugs or non-agreable issue like ''sprite'' are shrinked 

did you have find a way or solution for fix this? 

because I know people don't all want the battle camera. just asking 

Wishdream

Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
just when we speak about the System part and the battle program I tried to fix the issue people don't want zoom battleback in battle but play with the battle camera can provoke a lot of bugs or non-agreable issue like ''sprite'' are shrinked 

did you have find a way or solution for fix this? 

because I know people don't all want the battle camera. just asking 
While I am not at my home at the moment, the fix is REALLY simple. It basically resets everything at default values and makes the zoom non-existent. For the camera itself, it can be still be used for moves and skills.

Replace the BATTLE_CAMERA portion with this:

Code:
  BATTLE_CAMERA = { #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● Camera Setup #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # This area controls the zoom and movement of the screen.  #  # Target - Subject of zoom and move  #          [2: All Enemies] [3: All Allies] [4: Both] [6: Screen]  # Adjust - Position from the target. [X add →, Y add ↓]  # Time - Time to move and zoom towards the point.  # Zoom - Zoom factor of the camera, measured by percent. No zoom at 100.    # -Camera Name-     		Type     Target	Adjust	   Time Zoom  "Before Turn Start"   => ["camera",   6, [   0,   0],   100, 100],  "After Turn Start"   	=> ["camera",   6, [   0,   0],   100, 100],  "End of Battle"     	=> ["camera",   6, [   0,   0],   100, 100],}

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While I am not at my home at the moment, the fix is REALLY simple. It basically resets everything at default values and makes the zoom non-existent. For the camera itself, it can be still be used for moves and skills.

Replace the BATTLE_CAMERA portion with this:

BATTLE_CAMERA = { #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # ● Camera Setup #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # This area controls the zoom and movement of the screen. # # Target - Subject of zoom and move # [2: All Enemies] [3: All Allies] [4: Both] [6: Screen] # Adjust - Position from the target. [X add →, Y add ↓] # Time - Time to move and zoom towards the point. # Zoom - Zoom factor of the camera, measured by percent. No zoom at 100. # -Camera Name- Type Target Adjust Time Zoom "Before Turn Start" => ["camera", 6, [ 0, 0], 100, 100], "After Turn Start" => ["camera", 6, [ 0, 0], 100, 100], "End of Battle" => ["camera", 6, [ 0, 0], 100, 100],}
but this will not provoke the famous ''shrink'' sprite issue?

Wishdream

Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Now that I finally am back from double shift work. Here's a small update, I recently made a move to GitHub and all my script updates will be there.
Also the updated script file for 1.2d is there. The base demo is not updated yet though, so check it out there~!

https://github.com/influxWishdream/takentai-ace

Also, I am now allowing support in this thread!

And if you have problems in the system, there's the issues part in GitHub right over here: https://github.com/influxWishdream/takentai-ace/issues

But issues in this thread is appreciated as well.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that I finally am back from double shift work. Here's a small update, I recently made a move to GitHub and all my script updates will be there.

Also the updated script file for 1.2d is there. The base demo is not updated yet though, so check it out there~!

https://github.com/influxWishdream/takentai-ace

Also, I am now allowing support in this thread!

And if you have problems in the system, there's the issues part in GitHub right over here: https://github.com/influxWishdream/takentai-ace/issues

But issues in this thread is appreciated as well.
yosh~ I forgot to send you the modification I add to the script~

Now I work for make the script more compatible with custom battle poppup (like yanflys and such) 

I also work on some revamp of the script but do you have translate the system part in english~?

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not related with the tankentai, but why this thread marked as "answered"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.
Has anybody else noticed in the freebie Sci-fi tilesets that they have a hologram of Cybertron from Transformers?
Halloween is my favorite of the international festive days, always gets me in the mood to draw cute devil things...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpriince