Desperado

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok, I made a post on Friday but I think I muddied the water too much with trying to explain my situation. I think I can jury rig myself a solution if someone can help me with this.

How can I make an enemy use a skill 1 on actor A in round X and (if successful) then guarantee that he attacks the actor A again in round Y with skill 2?

I know part of the solution, mainly unsure how to make the enemy target the last actor again. Any help is greatly greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the problem is that the default engine has no individual targeting mechanism available, and there are limits to what force action can do with eventing.

So you basically have to add a script to remember which actor was targeted and then use a scripted variant of force action to do what you want.

Desperado

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you for the reply, Andar.

That seems simple enough. Any suggestions on scripts? Just search for "Targeting" scripts?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it isn't as simple unfortunately, and the part where I can't help.

The problem is that the targeting depends on the battlesystem used. If you have only the default battles then that should be no problem as most targeting scripts are compatible with default.
If you already have battlescripts in your game, then you'll have to find a compatible script.

And most likely you'll need two scripts - one for storing battledata, and one for using it.

Desperado

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright, again, I appreciate the input. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When there's a will, there's a lifehack. :ninja:

Before i mess with battle UI further, does it look decent enough? :hswt:
Free MZ? That's good. I should go try it out then.
Let's see if I can make it in time xD
Knipsel.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qq623345898