Teaching using Lite on student's laptop. Is it ok if I own myself a legit copy of VX Ace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello once again community. Today I have an interesting question to ask. Let's say you got a High school kid, that had some Scratch classes, and he was excited. Now... the kid wants to go just a step further, and do stuff like scratch but more interesting.
So, I thought of RPG Maker VX Ace Lite. As long as it works like a demo, I believe I can install it to the kid's laptop and work with that. Eventually at a point I assume, if he likes the class the mom will buy a license for the whole thing. But the question is that I use RPG Maker VX Ace Lite for a commercial purpose.
I always got with me my crappy laptop that has a legit copy of VX Ace. So it comes down to this.
Is it ok for the kid to have the demo in his laptop for a while, while I will be teaching on my own laptop using a legit copy of VX Ace?
I mean, technically, I can teach using my own laptop and the kid goes home and installs the Lite version and it is actually the same thing, but I want to be ethical correct about this, first with myself, because I want to always give a good example to every one of my students. I can't imagine a student asking me about if it is ok to use Lite in class and then myself replying: "Oh! I don't know, I am gonna ask". So here I am asking before acting. Thanks for your time people.

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What he installs on his own computer has nothing to do with what you install on yours.

Ace and Ace Lite are not the same thing. Lite is NOT a demo. The Ace demo is a completely different thing. Lite does not require a license, but is limited in what it can do. He can use it for as long as he wants to, but he'll probably find the limits a bit restrictive.

What you cannot do is install your Ace on his computer, or give him your Ace key. It's obvious that's not what you're intending, so there's no issue.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes of course Shaz! :)
So I fhe uses the limited Lite for start there will be no issue. Good.
Thanks for the reply, I think he will like it so he will actually get it on Steam eventually, but you know, I am a freak when it comes to what is permitted, so I wanted to be sure.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokdo2005