Team Licenses or Individual?

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So I got the other thread locked, sorry about that. I should have known better.

My question is:
In the case of working as a team who has to have a license?
Does everyone have to or just one member of a team?
What about people who don't even do in editor work, do they have own a license too?

For example the project I'm working on has the artist using vx sprites as a base and we're developping in MV.
We both have a MV license but only he has a VX license. Can I devellop the game (and potentially sell it) using his assets even though I don't own VX?
Same for DLC packs, can I use them in the project even though I don't have a license for them but he does?

To clarify things, if it matters: the game will be officially released under his name, not mine.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The project leader that uses and publishes the game needs every licence, so no - if your artist uses VX RTP as a basis, you will need VX to be allowed to use that art.

However, if someone else is the project leader to publish things, it depends on what work you provide for the project. In such a case you only need to have a licence for those parts and resources you work on.

However, that is a complex question that only the people of Degica can really answer for every single case (and you didn't even give enough info to identify what you're doing), so I suggest @Lunarea should check the details with you.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Directly from the standard RPG Maker EULA:
In cases of team projects, all members of the team must own their own copy of the pack. In cases of commissions using the pack (such as commissioning edits, maps and/or covers of the material), both parties need to own their own individual copy of the pack. If you have large teams or need to purchase bulk licenses, please contact us and we will try to assist you.

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I swear I had looked...
Thank you both very much!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrisanity1