evmaster

Cats are the best.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any way to Condition it so if player talks to team mate, the conversation will vary depending on the map?

For example,

Map 1: Team mate says Hi
Map 2: Team mate says Hurry up

I would google but I'm not sure how to phrase this or what this is. I have experience on how to use variables and branches and switches, so some suggestions would be nice. Thanks! (I'm using a button for talking so I only want to know how to event this part if it's even possible.)

EpicGamingGodYT

Level 16 Developer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I think you could just copy/paste the event into each map and change the text.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
im not 100% sure but that guy that everyone loves (name slipped my mind lol) has a gab window (teammate talk) that is really customizeable

Gab Window Tutorial and link to plugin

i watched this one months ago but IIRC it lets you change the conversation based on several conditions, I want tot say map specific is included but if none of the gab window triggers are directly tied to the map i'm sure theres a similar work around to get the same effect in that video.

evmaster

Cats are the best.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not interested in using plugins but thanks. I'd prefer it all be done via the game. A simple script could suffice though.

And the event would be a Common Event so I won't be copying and pasting the event on each map. But thanks.

standardplayer

Keeper of Kitties
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If you go under control variables, then select the box that says Game Data, you can capture the mapID. You can use this in simple conditional branches to choose what your teammates say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Got inspired and started writing a simple tower defence battle system last night :o
Good news! I have located an amazing 3D website called SketchFab that has rotatable renderings of famous statues!
Picked up a physical copy of Megadimension Neptunia VII for the PS4 today. It's pretty good. I'm having a lot of fun with it.
The only upside of this remote semester was the plenty of funny photoshop material those facecams provided. Not that I would do that. Ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr