Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
teaPlayingGames2.png
Tea_battleMacros.js v1.0
Tea

Have you ever wanted to give your player the choice to record skills to play them at the press of a button? Now you can! Battle Macros is a plug and play plugin that will add the feature to your game.

Players can store battle rounds into a Macros and play them again by selecting a button.

1627865639124.png

This plugin is plug and play.

Put Tea_battleMacros.js in your game project plugin folder

Put Macros.json in your Data folder

Credit: Tea
Can be used commercially
Can be edited for personal use only
Cannot be redistributed, please link to Itch.io page

Also, thank you Drifty and Drag for helping me get unstuck when I was having trouble! :LZSexcite::LZSjoy::LZSlol:

Change log:
v1.0 - release
v.1.1 -

I fixed a bug where if the party member wasn't able to perform an action they didn't default to attack.
I changed the location of the Macros file so the annoying window asking if you wanted to reload the engine would stop popping up.
***The macros file must be placed in the game folder root now, not the data folder***

Last edited:

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I fixed a bug and updated where the Macros.json file is located. It should be put directly in the game project folder now.

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This looks awesome. I did play ps4 and specially because of the lack of tp and magic you had to come up with several strategies to get to the end of the mazes, macros were a time saver. This can be a very good addition to many games!

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you! Hopefully it winds up being useful for some people :LZSexcite:

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm pretty sure it will but you know? i always thought the name macros sounds very intimidating. i'm telling you because i didn't use macros at all the first time i beat ps4, i probably started using them like the 3rd time lol. sounds intimidating and i don't think it was very intuitive. so I think that just by changing the name into something that everyone understands the purpose, would change the number of people appealed to this. i don't know what word would describe it but i'd say battle strategy. ;) i played ps4 a lot of times since i'ts in my top3 favorite games but ps4 isn't very popular.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yeah, I grappled with what to name it, but macros is the terminology for what's being done. I feel like using the correct terminology is the way to go, since I couldn't think of another accurate term that was short enough for a title.

But I totally agree with what you're saying too, because I was intimidated by the term when I first heard it too. Hopefully, if a person reads the first line of it's description, they'll understand what it's for. The video is to show off what it does too.

Naming plugins is hard haha.

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe naming it Tea's Battle Strategies and then in the description stating that the idea was taken from the Macro system in PS4, From a marketing point of view, first you attract people, then you explain ;p Because basically you are creating different strategies for different Battle scenarios and choosing from them. I think ill use this in the game im making, but to use it i have to come up with a way of having techniques that can be used a couple of times without MP like in PS4 that was an awesome idea, each time you level up you can have each technique +1 time. That's what made this macro idea even more useful.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was thinking it would be great for games that rely heavily on buffs too. You could have different buff sets to run at the beginning of the battle.

busbuzz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's true, that also applies to ps4, in boss battles you had to have a macro with all those buffs to avoid instant ko. deban, shift, barrier etc. so that macro has to be there for bosses.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just don't know why, but it's funny.
5.gif
Ugh. The one time I forget to save every hour or so is also the day my computer crashes. That's life!
Even though I spent 100's of dollars on my game already. I think I might just have to give it away for free. Since I haven't heard back from people if I could use some of their graphics. Even from a global mod here. Maybe I can make a donation thing.
you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monopo