Teh Stream - A Twizted Tale [DEMO]

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Leggy, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Leggy

Leggy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Synopsis:

Teh Stream: A Twizted Tale is the pseudo-sequel to the completed RPG Maker game, Teh Stream. It takes place during the events of the first game, but this time is from the point of view of the so-called antagonist, Twizted_Chick. Currently A Twizted Tale is available as a short tech demo room meant only to show off some exclusive features of RPG Maker VX ACE. This includes all-new scripts, as well as intricate event planning that can call objectives, manuals, and anything else in need of display. There are still plans for a few minor cosmetic changes, but all previously known bugs and errors have been patched.

Features:

• RTP is not required, simply download & play
    • Objective system to help with game progress
    • Proximity objects that glow when approached
    • Custom art, animations, menu, & save screen
    • Side-View battle system with TP power skills
    • All-new interactive Movie and Audio playlists
    • About 15 minutes of demo gameplay in total

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

Credits & Information:

Teh Stream Website
    Contains strong language

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. DTracy3

DTracy3 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Luxembourgish
    Heyhey^^

Just played the demo^^ I absolutely love the facesets, they look simple but like they totally belong in that game, gives it some unique flavor^^ I also like how you replaced HP MP and stuff with Data or Morale, it fits the theme just beautifully. When it comes to the story, I believe that it is standing out as being original, but I have to admit that personally it isn't really capturing me. I see how this game may only appeals to a certain niche of gamer, but they will probably enjoy it a lot. The maps seem a little confusing to me sometimes, especially houses, the design is quit different than what you see in most other RPGMaker Games, but although I find them a little confusing I have to admit that they have been filled with some love for detail, I'm always happy to be able to click around on object and actually having an interaction when doing so. The characters seem likable and give the feeling to be based on real people which is nice, I just which to have more interaction with some characters just so I can learn more about them, but that may be rather for the real game than for the demo.

Overall I believe that that this can be a solid game when finished. The game may not be a mainstream typical RPG, but for people who like chatrooms and/or RPGMaker, it will be surely an interesting game to pick up.^^ Keep the good work going^^

3. Leggy

Leggy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Thanks so much for giving it a try!

I'm glad you enjoyed the art and assets! For the map designing aesthetic, I guess it is actually pretty weird. Most RPG style games do that thing where every room is its own, and surrounded all by black. I can understand how the setup I use might seem a bit too big, wide-open, or confusing; I just wanted to try something a little different without all the black space. I'm thinking for any games after this though, I'm going to try Parallax Mapping instead, since I've seen how beautiful some games can be with that style!

No worries, I understand that the story is very niche, let alone almost non-existent in the demo. The actual game has a lot more to tell, and a whole lot more character interactions. Actually, that's what most of the game generally is, with a few exploration and battle elements added along the way! Maybe further down the road I'll expand the demo so that it's an actual part of the final game, so there's a bit more substance to the experience. Thank you for the feedback!

4. laurentiusmark93

laurentiusmark93 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I just played the game...
    Here is what I think:

1. I love how you make a concept about online world... Small room with bathroom, Sleeproom, and of course... rom for streaming.

It looks like... it's a small world to explore the-whole-gigantic-world named Internet.

(I wonder... no Kitchen, LOL :p , oh... they can order Pizza, well at least, refrigerator).

The story... Well, I don't know about the character background (I just can't find it in the game) but I found it in skill...
    Looks like we are playing as... the... "bad"... one? I am not sure... but her skill which is called "Flame" and "Burned" caught me... LOL, very internet (Based on... "Bad" internet user activity)

I don't get the story so far... Since it's demo, perhaps in future demo, you can make it more... clear?

I mean, I don't know the story goal and lore...
    I'm curious...

2. The greatest point for me is music, I think you know that would be the strong point so you created the playlist, very wow! I enjoyed so far...

3. I love how you presented the... simple yet futuristic theme... in your game... from visual effect, until...
    You changed HP and MP to Morale and Data, Mcafee, Quicscan, Defragment, Kick boots (LOL)...

And also... like Firewall, Browser, Hardware...
    Ah... I am sure it will be hit among internet fans on steam...
    From my POV, this game very consistent with the theme and concept...

4. The Art! Pretty neat! I enjoyed to see it, Simple and clean Cartoon style, it blended well with theme and environment...

5. The function, Like Help, journal, Objective screen, you made it all clear... no problem for me to play it

6. I can't comment for Battle system, since... perhaps your focus in story?
    plain, simple... But no complain...
    Actually it just like... "Arguing" in chat...
    the battle simulates the chatting activity, so it's nice... (Am I right?)

Thanks for the game anyway...

5. Lymmet

Lymmet the Oddborne Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Liking the looks of the custom art! Will try out the demo!

6. Leggy

Leggy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Thanks for trying it out!

Basically this was mainly supposed to be a "tech" demo, so it's mainly about features and not so much the story yet. I'm glad you enjoy the current assets and I appreciate the feedback; I think I'll likely soon release a more proper demo that actually contains the beginning of the story. Mostly everything featured in the demo carries over into the main game, so hopefully the story can hold up alongside it!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2016
  7. Leggy

Leggy Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

Glad you like it, thank you! Hope the little demo holds up too, though I'm likely going to release a new demo soon that actually contains story elements.