RMVXA Teh Stream: A Twizted Tale

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
LOL Hope it don't get you in troubles for something that might get really educational for the next generation which really can use some kindness lessons.

(But yeah... I would let your game play nanny with my kids if I had some others than felines! -a rare commodity in this era-)

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
LOL Hope it don't get you in troubles for something that might get really educational for the next generation which really can use some kindness lessons.
At most, anyone who feels similar to the "negative" characters might get into a huff. But literally any names or likenesses have been completely changed, so there's no legal worries to be had there. It's something a lot of authors do anyway, like JK Rowling basing some of her "bad" characters from bullies and mean teachers. But it's not literally them! Ah, I prefer cats too, and thank you again!

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Version 2.0.4 Update:
  • Rewards have been added to the final 3 battles in the EXport area
  • Shops now have improved prices and more balanced selling values
Download links are the same and provide the updated versions.
Old save files should still be compatible with the current version.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya. I got kind of stuck at the end of my latest video (which I've just uploaded). Any hints you can drop on what I've missed? Cheers.

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Version 2.0.5 Update:
  • File size has been reduced from 275 MB to 150 MB

• Music and BGM have been edited to loop seamlessly

• Small bugged event in Teh EXtream (Map 50) is fixed

• The "post rules" objective has been made more visible

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Minor Update:
  • Some small spelling errors have been fixed

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Heya. I've just uploaded the final part. Good game overall. Have you done any other games btw?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Thanks you you two @Leggy and @Matseb2611 . You should do collabs some day. I enjoyed it like a mini-movie! LOL
@Leggy I noticed your depth of fields (at least their simulation) and best of luck with the neighboring stream. Hope no other hackers gets in your path or around it!

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Heya. I've just uploaded the final part. Good game overall. Have you done any other games btw?
@Matseb2611 hank you so much! As said in the YouTube comment, your feedback and playthrough over all really helped out.

Teh Stream is the first full game I did, and it's actually the predecessor to Twizted Tale... sort of. Both games take place at the same time, but are simply told from the two different perspectives. Twizted Tale being Twizt's of course, and Teh Stream is told from Leggy's / my own point of view. However, it's not as technically sound as Twizted Tale and can be a bit confusing to play, objective wise. The writing is also pretty lackluster in comparison. You're welcome to give it a try whether on your own or recorded, but if it proves too much trouble you can always give the walkthrough and/or other Let's Plays a watch to get the idea.

The only other game I have besides that is an old, unfinished one called Stories of Streamside. This isn't really related to the other games at all, other than having its own little throwback with the whole Streamside area. The story itself isn't connected in any way, and it's about as bare-bones as an RPG Maker game can be, so you're not missing much!

Thanks you you two @Leggy and @Matseb2611 . You should do collabs some day. I enjoyed it like a mini-movie! LOL
@Leggy I noticed your depth of fields (at least their simulation) and best of luck with the neighboring stream. Hope no other hackers gets in your path or around it!
@Marquise* No problem! It's nice to know the Let's Play and Twizted Tale was enjoyable on all accounts! It was a fun and helpful process for me, as well. Oh and don't worry about the feuding chat and hacker ordeal! It's not really said in the game at any point, but it's based on stuff that had happened from about 2006 ~ 2009. Thankfully none of that stuff has been a bother for a long, long time!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, brill. I can take a look at the original Teh Stream as well. Might take a few days break and then try it out and see from there.
I like it when stories get alternate points of view explored. I did that in one of my own games and it was something many players quite enjoyed.

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ah, brill. I can take a look at the original Teh Stream as well. Might take a few days break and then try it out and see from there.
I like it when stories get alternate points of view explored. I did that in one of my own games and it was something many players quite enjoyed.
Sure thing, whatever you decide to do with it is fine with me! If you do try it and it gets too confusing, I can help out, like a human version of the objective journal. XP

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Leggy So when the commercial feature game?
Hm? Well Twizted Tale and the original game of Teh Stream already exist, but someday I'll do a true sequel. That'll be a long ways off though, likely a year or more.

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Version 2.0.6 Update:
  • A few spelling errors and misplaced words have been edited

• Some graphical and cutscene errors have been fixed and/or improved

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Hey cool! ^^ Updates. :3

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey cool! ^^ Updates. :3
Yee! I've had some downtime lately and decided I wanted to get back into working on some RPG Maker stuff. I figured I'd play through Twizted Tale to get myself pumped for it, and happened to find some errors... might as well fix 'em!

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Our work in never done. An author someday gave me his very own copy of his published and sold novel and... It was black with annotations. XD

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Our work in never done. An author someday gave me his very own copy of his published and sold novel and... It was black with annotations. XD
Ah, yeah, I think that's really how it is for anyone who creates as a hobby. Time passes, you look back, and you see a ton of stuff you wanna make better! I'm all for re-making something if enough time has passed and/or you know you can make a considerable improvement. But it's also important to keep moving forward too - take what you learned and apply it to something all-new as well!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.
Blech. I hate coming up with stories. Making gameplay is fun but coming up with lore and reasons for these areas/mechanics just makes me sleepy.
40 card deck size, the plugin seems more sluggish.
Village theme I composed for a commission!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamnRed1