RMVXA Teh Stream: A Twizted Tale

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I was astonished because this one was a professional giving me a class and... I guess this was the best lesson I ever learned. Even professionals are their worst critics. XD LOL

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was astonished because this one was a professional giving me a class and... I guess this was the best lesson I ever learned. Even professionals are their worst critics. XD LOL
Haha yeah, I think anyone who aims to improve will inevitably wanna go back and fix old work. So especially professional people!

controllerjar

Howdy there,hope your allright
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
okay so i just started and played a few minits of the game and my first impression was pretty good,alone that the start menu isn't the generic default new game,continue,exit but has some more work put into it is something that pays of very well for good first impressions.the problem is tho that this good first impression is at least slightly tainted when the game transitions to the first map screen.Now i know it can be realy hard to do all this work for this,but i would strongly advise you to make some original sprites for the map tiles and character sprites.sure the once you have do there job fine,its just that these kind of default rpg maker sprites have been seen by everybody here thousands of times before wich sadly makes you game only blend in with the ocean of terribel rpg maker games that where slapped together with no real effort or care behind them.But i can tell that you but effort into this game,you cared for this project.

Now i realize you probably woun't go back and redo the hole game with original sprites and such since this game seems to be finished at this point,but i think it would be realy great that if you plan a new project somewhere in the future,that you would do your own sprites for that game

(oh and thanks for reading this sligthly overlydramatic post.Sorry,it just starts to be realy enoying if you see all these games using the same kind of sprites,can't be the only one that feel enoyed by it tho)

James Bach

Concept Artist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a really interesting game... the plot, the characters, and the ART. I absolutely like the cute art that this game has, I'll download it later and give it a shot. I love this game!

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@controllerjar Hey, it's no problem! I always appreciate honest feedback, and it's definitely understanding that using default assets can kinda break immersion, so to speak. Outside of editing, I'm honestly not very good with sprite art - at least not from scratch. But it's something on my bucket list to someday try to improve; it really would be awesome if I could somehow translate my own art style into sprite form. These RPG Maker games are mainly passion projects of mine, so I don't know if/when I'll have the time to invest in completely original sprite art (especially for backgrounds, oh lord). But here's hoping I can at least some day give it a shot!

@James Bach Thank you so much, I'm glad you like the art! I hope you'll enjoy the game itself, too. :LZSjoy:

Leggy

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Version 2.0.7 Update:

Note: These updates currently only apply to the English version of the game.
Nota: Estas actualizaciones actualmente solo se aplican a la versión en inglés del juego.

• New sprite artwork for certain characters have been added
• Various spelling errors throughout the game have been fixed
• Possible glitches during the Console Warzone area have been fixed
• Relocated the 2nd diary on Survivor Island, so it is a little easier to find
• New gear doesn't appear in shops until after finding/bypassing their chests
• Extended a few character interactions & character flavor text for some events
• Overhauled the Admin's Battle scene towards the end of the game
- Revamped the Admin's battle skills
- Fixed Leggy's skills & attack pattern
- Removed the possibility of Game Over
- Added rewards for winning the battle

Download links are the same and provide the updated versions.
Old (English) save files should still be compatible with the current version.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Hey great ^^
It is nice that you keep it updated ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kes
I have just stepped down from being a Mod, so please don't send me any more pm's with Mod questions. Thanks
The laptop I've had for almost 3 years has blue screened and is stuck on a boot loop. Can't wait to make games on nothing!
Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
Cleaned character animation and new room

I'm not sure if I should open a thread for this in games in development..
It's weird I actually have MORE work to do when stuck at home than before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schiraz