Teleport NPC, configure controls, movement speed, and switch between battle systems

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Using VX Ace 1.02a

1) How do I increase the speed of the player's movement, so that the player walks faster?

2) How do I configure the controls, such as mapping movement to WASD keys?

3) How do I teleport a NPC from one tile to an off-screen tile on the same map?

4) How do I switch between player using turn-based battle system (Final Fantasy) and using action battle system (Symphonia)?

mjshi

Jack of Most Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1 and 3 are possible with eventing:

1. Second tab under Movement section, set move route, set to "Player", click "Change speed..." in middle column, change to desired speed.

3. Same section as #1, set event location, choose event, choose location, etc. click ok

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1 and 3 are possible with eventing:

1. Second tab under Movement section, set move route, set to "Player", click "Change speed..." in middle column, change to desired speed.

3. Same section as #1, set event location, choose event, choose location, etc. click ok
Thank you!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2) Only possible by scripting, you have to search the master script list if such a script already exists or if you have to request it.

4) Switching between battlescripts inside a game is difficult, but if you're referring to change the battlescript for the entire game, then that is possible.

Again, there are dozens of battlescripts on the master script list, you can check if one is similiar to what you want.

If not - writing a battlescript is a lot of work and because of that rarily done on (free) request, if you want a new one you might have to commission (pay) for it.

Burgerland

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
2) Only possible by scripting, you have to search the master script list if such a script already exists or if you have to request it.

4) Switching between battlescripts inside a game is difficult, but if you're referring to change the battlescript for the entire game, then that is possible.

Again, there are dozens of battlescripts on the master script list, you can check if one is similiar to what you want.

If not - writing a battlescript is a lot of work and because of that rarily done on (free) request, if you want a new one you might have to commission (pay) for it.
Thank you! Just found the script for control configuring here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/24868-rgss3-keyboard-manager/

Also, learned during gamplay you can press F1 to configure some keys too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoetsoi