Spooks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm having trouble every five seconds because teleportation and autorun love to screw me over.

On multiple occasions with entirely different scripts the player should be transported to a specific spot and that be the end of it, but instead they get teleported to a different spot and can't move. I'll include screenshots of the event page because there's not a single thing that should be causing this.

There second page is for players who chose to go the good route, as you can see it would teleport players who made that decision to the exact same spot so I don't get it.

In the third screenshot circle of events are all just "same as player" events so the player can't run around and they have to talk to the lady in front of them, the event in the top left is an autorun that gives some exposition before letting the player take control. The lady's event isn't autorun, it's a basic player input event.

When you talk to the lady one final teleport takes place in this trippy scene and you're supposed to get taken to the room in the 7th screenshot is where the player is supposed to be taken, The square under the bed is the 8th screenshot and that's supposed to be where the player is taken. But after they spawn in they can't move. All the other events in that room are same as player events that are triggered by player input (Except for the stairs, those are below character and player touch.)

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

Edit: The final autorun event was originally supposed to end in a self-switch with nothing on it but it didn't change anything, then it was a normal switch and that didn't work, then it was a player touch event so the player touch would run it (they'd get teleported onto the spot and it should have ran) and now it's what it is.

Attachments

• image_2021-04-23_170250.png
    image_2021-04-23_170250.png
    176.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image_2021-04-23_170259.png
    image_2021-04-23_170259.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 8
  • image_2021-04-23_170328.png
    image_2021-04-23_170328.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image_2021-04-23_170344.png
    image_2021-04-23_170344.png
    124.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image_2021-04-23_170528.png
    image_2021-04-23_170528.png
    185.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image_2021-04-23_170535.png
    image_2021-04-23_170535.png
    179.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image_2021-04-23_170730.png
    image_2021-04-23_170730.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 7
  • image_2021-04-23_170750.png
    image_2021-04-23_170750.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 9

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi there!
I believe you can try to put an erase event command after the transfer command. Maybe this can help?
And if you went back to that map, the event will be there again.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
send the player through the last check to a different square, completely clear from any obstacles.
if they can move, the problem is the target coordinate being occupied somehow.
if they can't move, there's a parallel event taking up attention.

right now, you're stuck trying to find a problem.
I'm giving you a quick way to decide whether to keep looking at something that maybe isn't broken, or to conclude with certainty that something else is the culprit.

Spooks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
send the player through the last check to a different square, completely clear from any obstacles.
if they can move, the problem is the target coordinate being occupied somehow.
if they can't move, there's a parallel event taking up attention.

right now, you're stuck trying to find a problem.
I'm giving you a quick way to decide whether to keep looking at something that maybe isn't broken, or to conclude with certainty that something else is the culprit.
Hi there!
I believe you can try to put an erase event command after the transfer command. Maybe this can help?
And if you went back to that map, the event will be there again.
The solution was to force the player to move right. Don't know why, don't know how, it just did.

caethyril

^_^
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The solution was to force the player to move right. Don't know why, don't know how, it just did.
It's because you gave the Player a repeating move route (screenshot 5). Player input is ignored while undergoing forced movement. Only one active move route can be assigned at once, so assigning a new move route (e.g. move right) will remove the old one. The player can then move after the forced movement ends.

I guess the first move route is supposed to be This Event > Turn Toward Player (No Repeat)?

Spooks

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's because you gave the Player a repeating move route (screenshot 5). Player input is ignored while undergoing forced movement. Only one active move route can be assigned at once, so assigning a new move route (e.g. move right) will remove the old one. The player can then move after the forced movement ends.

I guess the first move route is supposed to be This Event > Turn Toward Player (No Repeat)?
That's odd. The player is actually able to move on that screen but not after teleportation (or wasn't able to at least.) But thanks for pointing that out, now I realize why she wasn't turning to the player.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png
Who wants to see my review of the worst star wars movie? This movie has all the excitement of being on Jury Duty of the most boring case ever about trade negotiations.
A lot to learn to make a game. Can I handle it?
I've been working on status effects since last thursday, and today I finished the core mechanic of Zombie, Teleport, Curse and Recall. Zombie and Curse are lacking a few things to make them complete atm. Teleport though is the "HAHA" spell for some of my mobs, but can "NOPE" at them with Recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GHench