cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is the sort of query that is very difficult to search for posts about, so please forgive me if this is either a solved issue or if the post is not in the right place.

I have custom parallax maps that include inclines. So I'd like for the right-arrow to temporarily input as down-right when players are walking upon the incline. To simplify: the player holds right, and the actor moves right, until they hit a certain region (using Yanfly Region Restrictions perhaps?), at which point the player holding right-arrow moves the actor down-right, down the incline.

I am currently using a diagonal movement plugin, yes, but there's nothing in that plugin that might assist or permit this kind of functionality. Again, apologies if this is not in the right forum but this is the sort of query where I cannot tell if it belongs in plugin requests or general help.

Many thanks!

c

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look up stairs. There are a good handful of plugins written to have your left/right movement go diagonally on staircases, delineated by events with specific notetags. You can use any of those.

cuby

Perpetual Toil
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Look up stairs. There are a good handful of plugins written to have your left/right movement go diagonally on staircases, delineated by events with specific notetags. You can use any of those.

You know, I would have never thought to search for that -_- Simply because I'm technically not using sideways steps, I'm using inclines. Very silly!

@caethyril has a "slope movement" plugin that has solved my issue using region tiles flawlessly in under 5 minutes -- easiest most straightforward fix ever. Thank you to the amazing caeth and also to you Turan!!! Hugs hugs hugs.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Thank you.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

About the Deer, I had to cut some piece of video due the *swearing* Youtube copyrights issues...
A caveman pokes his head in...
I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgLord69