Crazy_Leen

Secretly a Teddybear ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello everybody~

There are a few reasons why I'm opening up this workshop.

Reason one being that I feel a bit restless most of the time, thinking I want to give something, like resources, tot he community but somehow just not being able to come up with something nice and kinda being stuck in a creative hole.

Secondly, often seeing how many projects could benefit from poses, pose animations and Tileset animations to add detail, depth and athmosphere.

And thirdly, because I L-O-V-E, making poses and animations for them <3

Those are jsut the most prominent ones but they make me want to see if a workshop like this would actually catch on, give me some nice things to do on the side and feel like I'm able to help out a few people.

Now let's get to 'business', shall we :3 ?

Rules & Information

Terms:

> Everything is free for non-commercial usage as long as you credit me as Crazy_Leen (and other authors if for example charsets were myde by others, like for example MACK or Kaduki.)

> For commercial use, please ask me for permission first. Certain contests count towards commercial use.
What I will do:

Create poses and/or animations for charsets and animations for Tileset pieces. Examples can be seen below.

Please note, that most likely will not do every request being given to me, either because the rules haven't been followed, it's too much/unrealistic work or I even might think I won't be able to manage it. Please do not take this as offence; we're all just human uwu. I also, depending on how big your request is, might need a few days to finish it, so please be patient.

Also note that, unlike just not possible any other way or just being a long sequence, I will keep the animations 4 frames.
What resources I can use:

Since I collected some myself and also gained some from the lates Humble Bundle, I can help you out with animations for the following things, even though I might not be able show them here in the thread. I know you musn't share actual resources from commercial packs but am not sure about edits, but rather save than sorry.

Obviously you will have to posess the said packs or RPG Maker as well in order to legaly use them~

Now the actual list of things I can use:

> 2k, 2k3, XP and VX Ace RTP graphics

> DS/DS+

> Rural Farm Pack

> Old School Modern/ Old School Modern 2

Feel free to ask about a certain pack. I might just have forgotten to mention it, since I'm not listing single Tilesets I purchased as well.
What I will NOT do:

> Create Charsets or Tilesets for you. This is solely for poses and animations, not their creation.

> Animate sprinting/running. Those things are just very monotone to me, sorry.

> Animate Battlers. It's just WAY too big/much work for doing this on the side in a small workshop.

> Animate Doors. Same as running sprites: dull.

> Animate/Make Autotiles. Things like water or the like. It's about details /for/ the map.
Examples:

I picked a few examples from preeetty much recent times. It's sadly not that much (yet), either because I do not have more with me right now, or I wasn't sure if it was ok to share them (if they were made for other projects.). Please do not use the examples given~

Examples from the workshop:

Request Template:

Now, not really a template actually... more like two very important things I need (to know):

Reference: Give me the character or template (or tileset part, for enviroment animations) you want me to edit and if needed a picture or video to a reference (like explaining a certain pose or animation)

Description: Describe what pose or animation you want (Please PLEASE include the direction the char should be facing. It just will take longer when I have to ask you first)

Also note that, unlike just not possible any other way or just being a long sequence, I will keep the animations 4 frames at the most.

Limit:

> 1-3 animations for a charset.(This depends on how difficult the animation is. Someone waving in all directions? Simple. Means you could ask for another animation. Someone roundhouse-kicking someone in the face? More complex, and most likely the only one I'll do. So it can vary

> 6 single Poses ( can vary if very complicated ones)

Those limits are both to not let you guys wait an eternity and three days for your poses but also to avoid me burning out fast with massive requests at once.
I'm still trying to find a good balance so this might all change, so please bear with me.
Thank you for understanding uwu

Request List:

Once I accept your request, I'll put you in this list, so I won't forget it! It might then, depending on the size of your request, take a few minutes to a few hours to few days until it's completed. So please be patient uwu

>

I really hope I didn't forget anything important... If so, I'll probably add it later, haha ;'D

Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Nile

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Egyptian Arabic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now this is a VERY useful workshop indeed! Kudos to you. ^^ I don't have a request at the moment but expect one soon. :) Good luck!

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you make something like that?

Template:

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Rocketknight:

What exactly? The...er... very peculiar dance moves xD?

All of them? Only certain poses? From only one view or certain ones/all?

RocketKnight

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Crazy_Leen Yep, I was planning to put in cutscene format by drawing but would leave the monotonous game.

BeardBro

I think this line's mostly filler.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually have several Mack sprites that need a couple of minor poses. Such as, head looking down, down sprite, kneeling sprite, preparing to draw gun/ready action, holding arm out like shooting a gun, and then arms forward like casting a spell. I have a total of 7 sprites that need this; I realize that is a lot of work, so if you'd prefer to take on easier requests, I completely understand.

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@RocketKnight:

I'll try to make some of the key moves form it. If you think something is missing, you can tell me afterwards :3

@Macatlas:

If it's jsut single poses, feel free to ask for them all at once. Atm there are not many requests yet anyway.

Just be sure to put them in a spoiler and describe your request for each set :3

BeardBro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, Crazy_Leen! If you can pose these as left-right angles, that would be awesome. That will give me the versatility so I can just flip them around when necessary. That may look funny on some of the sprites... oh well.

1st Character

Needing: 1 kneeling/wounded, 1 downed, 1 head tilted down, 1 arms forward (casting spell), 1 ready/action pose.
2nd Character

Needing: 1 kneeling/wounded, 1 downed, 1 head tilted down, 1 ready/action pose, 1 arms forward (casting spell), 1 shooting pistol (I'll crop in the pistol myself).

BONUS: Two frames of this character smoking a cigar would be awesome, but it isn't a necessity if you can't find the time.
3rd Character

Needing: 1 kneeling/wounded, 1 downed, 1 head tilted down, 1 ready/action pose, 1 arms forward (casting spell), 1 shooting shotgun (I'll crop in the shotgun myself).
4th Character

Needing: 1 kneeling/wounded, 1 downed, 1 head tilted down, 1 ready/action pose, 1 arms forward (casting spell), 1 throwing pose (as if throwing an item).
5th Character

Needing: 1 kneeling/wounded, 1 downed, 1 head tilted down, 1 ready/action pose, 1 arms forward (casting spell), 1 shooting rifle (I'll crop in the rifle myself).
6th Character

Needing: 1 kneeling/wounded, 1 downed, 1 head tilted down, 1 ready/action pose, 1 arms forward (casting spell), 1 shooting pistol (I'll crop in the pistol myself).
7th Character

Needing: 1 kneeling/wounded, 1 downed, 1 head tilted down, 1 pointing pistol to own head (I'll crop in the pistol myself).
Thanks again. :)

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Macatlas:

So all of the poses should be from a left or right-side view? Am understanding that correctly? (Though I guess the downed sprites are an exception, or thsoe, too?)

EDIT:

@RocketKnight:

I finished the first set with two main poses/animations. Though I'm not sure how many of the original dance you need. Also like the spinning around and stuff? because that's going to be a bit too much. But I'd be okay with making maybe one or two ( three if it's smaller ones).

Here's the sheet and the preview:

RocketKnight

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Crazy_Leen OMFG! YOU ARE THE BEST! I LOVE IT! I use script to change the graph of events. She raising the Goblet (one symbolic act, in context, it would actually be). Can you make more?

BeardBro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Macatlas:

So all of the poses should be from a left or right-side view? Am understanding that correctly? (Though I guess the downed sprites are an exception, or thsoe, too?)
You got it, and the down sprites can maybe be a sort of diagonal/natural looking 'down.' I'll use the down sprites for dead, KO'd, and also just sleeping characters if that helps at all.

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@RocketKnight:

Something like this? Do you need it to be animated?

And do you need any more moves then or just the goblet?

@Macatlas:

Gotcha. If you also use it for sleeping, I'll make the "down" poses" face up, though. Else, I'll get to it right away and see how much I can finish today.

RocketKnight

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Could do some characters reading newspaper / book and other vomiting (both female / male)? 
And a skull playing the flute, a kid template? Thanks a lot.

Template:

references:

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@RocketKnight:

I will not make a kid template or a skull; I only animate things or edit small things in for an animation unless it needs to be a specific item.

But I won't create new charsets, sorry : 3

The rest is fine though. I can have your template read a newspaper and have them vomit.

I just need to know from which directions. Front? Sides? back? All?

RocketKnight

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Crzy_Leen I'm sorry, got carried away here. Could be in all directions?

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Macatlas:
Well it's quite a few poses, so it's going to take a bit, but the first char is done and the second char is almost finished.

From left to right, top to bottom: Downed, SPellcasting left/right, kneeling, head down, kneeling other side, head down other side, 'ready to fight'-pose left/right

BeardBro

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, this is awesome! Thank you so much!

Orsalak

The Blissfully Ignorant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very nice work!  Sorry for my ignorance, but how exactly do I post a png I would like you to pose?  The image link wanted a URL, does that mean I have to upload it somewhere first?  Sorry, I'm new around here :) .

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Use an image hosting service like photobucket.

Crazy_Leen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Macatlas:

Here are two more chars done. Considering the pistol and shotgun holding, it's always a bit difficult to guess how it'll look if you don't know how the weapon looks like, but I think it should be fine. If not, feel free to ask me and fix it if the weapons won't line up correctly, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

How many Vocalist is on this forums?
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3 followed by Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
I have at least three ongoing projects and I have no idea what to do with them.

Gotta love game dev.
I keep seeing the 'file tear' icon when I'm on some post that has images. I'm not sure if it's just me or it's the post, based on the replies I see.
Me: anime is okay. There are a couple good ones and a lot of really bad ones but the good are worth it. Brother: if you bring anime anywhere near me I'll break your nico nico kneecaps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howzarion01