Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something did not work and I need help. Nah, I am just messing with you.

Summon Core – MV Plugin and Replace Summons Plugin - SumRndmDde

<Summon Replace Party>

Place this in a summon Skill and that Skill will temporarily remove the
party while the summon is active.

<Summon Replace User>

Place this in a summon Skill and that Skill will temporarily remove the
user while the summon is active.

The problem I have is I would like to replace two actors with replacing by one actor for the duration of the battle. However, the plugin allows two of the above. You see Dragon Ball Fusion of Main Protagonists. That is what I would like to create.
How can I workaround? Thank you.

Edit: Hello @HumanNinjaToo, I heard you talk about using the common event or something.

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know of a plugin by irina for unison attacks, but it is behind paywall and I'm not sure if it would work with the SRD plugin because I don't own it...

There's another dual tech plugin by HeroicJay, but it is also behind paywall now.

The only thing I can think of is to try some kind of linked skill/dual tech/unison attack plugin. I'm just not aware of any that are free to use.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know of a plugin by irina for unison attacks, but it is behind paywall and I'm not sure if it would work with the SRD plugin because I don't own it...
I do not want it just a combo attack. I want the two characters to become new ones. Yanfly teaches you to do a combo attack without those plugins. Thank you for trying.

@Frostorm, I get what he says now. Thank you.

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think @HumanNinjaToo's point was to utilize the unison attack/dual tech plugin in conjunction with the replace summons plugin.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do you guys think if I use the common event to create a conditional flow if an actor is in the party and remove an actor when the common event is called by the skill?
Get it now @HumanNinjaToo, both actors have to use the skill at the same time. Then, I use <Summon Replace User> command to get the new actor from the database.
And
Then, add one actor back at the end of the battle.

I tested it did not work.

Do you think it works?
I have access to dual tech plugin by HeroicJay.

Haha, now part one it is function now.

Last edited:

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had no idea if it would work or not TBH.

Another thought I had would to force the other actor out of the battle somehow, or at least to give the illusion they are gone.

You could try to manipulate the 'Jump' tips and tricks from Yanfly to do what you want if you had those plugins.

Jump, a skill used by Dragoons from the Final Fantasy series, is a skill that launches the user up into the sky for a few turns. After those turns are up, the user lands on the target dealing significant damage. While the user is up in the air, the user becomes unselectable, making the user immune to damage and status effects.

Maybe rework this to just have the second actor involved in the summon to disappear for the same amount of turns the summon would be out.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is anyone know the scribe of how to check if an actor has x skill in the battle? Similar to the below.

Check if an actor has x state : $gameActors.actor(x).isStateAffected(x) Thank you.
Thank you, @Heirukichi. I forget the power of the variable check...
Another thought I had would to force the other actor out of the battle somehow, or at least to give the illusion they are gone.
Yeah, that is what I did and it is work. Thank you for trying to help me.

Now part two is working now. You know when I did wrong. I add a character instead of removing the character.:rswt2:

The third part is how should I level up the fusion character. I mean should I just manual increase the character's level every time. He summons.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
.isLearnedSkill(#)

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Frostorm, that checks if the actor has learned skill. Thank you for trying to help me. I used the variable count for both prevent more than 1 time and count if the skill is used.
I end up just used the common events to pull the actors in and out of the battlefield. I do not use the plugin. Thank you, everyone. I am overthinking it just conditional flows and common events.

Last edited:

Frostorm

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "has skill" then? If not learned, then equipped?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What do you mean by "has skill" then? If not learned, then equipped?
Yes, you learned about the skill if the character did not want to cast the skill in that battlefield the skill executed automatically if I check with who learned the skill. Nevermind, I think you are right it will trigger when the actor cast the skill by checking if the actor has learned the skill. It is another way of doing it. Great Job.

Yeah, lol actor has learned the skill before it appears on the menu.

@HumanNinjaToo, just for fun. I watched the video. You are mentioned. You know what I did with that created a song skill.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.
is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyben