Teragard - An open-world JRPG

michaelsquirrel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everyone! I've been using RPG Maker in all its iterations for the past 15 years, and Teragard is my second commercially-released game. It just came out, and I hope you'll give it a try and enjoy it!

Link to Steam page: Price: $7.99
Version 1.0
Made with RPG Maker MV​
Story and features:
The kingdom of TERAGARD has fallen into despair. As a band of adventurers, you must explore the ravaged nation while living off the land and fending for yourselves, as you seek to uncover the truth behind the atrocities that have brought this once-great land to such a horrific low point.
Take on the final boss whenever you feel ready, with the freedom to spend as much time as you desire on exploring the world, leveling up and customizing your characters, and uncovering the secrets of an eternal evil that has long been lurking and pulling the strings.
Inspired primarily by Breath of the Wild, Neverwinter Nights, and Final Fantasy VI, TERAGARD resembles a lost Super Nintendo RPG but features unique gameplay elements that make for a brand new kind of experience.

An Explorer’s Dream
  • Venture through a massive fantasy world that is facing overwhelming social unrest, with dozens of quests to complete that will develop your connection to the people of this nation and their struggles
  • Fight your way through many challenging dungeons, all of which are full of puzzles, locked doors, and unique bosses
  • Every single character you meet has a personality, name, and unique appearance, along with a daily routine, home, and family
  • The player decides when the game ends, but dedicated players can expect to spend dozens of hours completing every task in the game
Highly-Refined JRPG Combat
  • Select a party of 4 diverse characters from 8 available options, each with their own unique abilities
  • Collect Soul Stones, which dramatically alter the spells your characters can use
  • Enemies flawlessly scale in difficulty as you level up, eliminating the need for grinding, and allowing you to go anywhere in the game’s world right from the start
  • The random-encounter rate can be adjusted at any time, and even turned off completely
  • Combat has optional auto-battle and fast-forwarding
  • For those who want more (or less) of a challenge, the difficulty of combat can be adjusted at any time from the Settings menu
Nearly-Endless Adventure
  • If desired, play the entire game as a rogue-lite with features such as a random starting location, random party members, random character names, and randomized loot

Screenshots:

Learn More
I have written several articles about the game, and there is additional content you can find, at my website: https://michaelsquirrelgames.com/

If you have any comments or questions for me, I am available and happy to respond.
Thanks for giving Teragard your time and attention! Hope you enjoy it!

BlueMage

Slime Lv99
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Your game look pretty neat, i like it, it's so classical

kenlan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Hi.
This looks great, you seems to have done a wonderful job and have put down a lot of time ( i have read much you have have written about it) , but is it possible for you to have the game somewhere else too? itch.io or somewhere.. I have so much problem with Steam, i cant`t get a new password and thought my games was lost, but i find them offline(thanks god) .( i`m afraid to lost future updates for the games i already bought, if i make a new account on Steam) .

michaelsquirrel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi.
This looks great, you seems to have done a wonderful job and have put down a lot of time ( i have read much you have have written about it) , but is it possible for you to have the game somewhere else too? itch.io or somewhere.. I have so much problem with Steam, i cant`t get a new password and thought my games was lost, but i find them offline(thanks god) .( i`m afraid to lost future updates for the games i already bought, if i make a new account on Steam) .
Hi, thank you so much for the kind words and the interest. I definitely want to get Teragard on other platforms, such as itch.io. That takes a fair bit of work on my end, which is no problem, but to be honest, there is extremely little demand for the game, it's sold very poorly and hasn't attracted its target audiences (or any audience). One day, hopefully, I'll make the game available elsewhere, but for the time being it's not very high on my list of priorities. Sorry if that's not the answer you were hoping for, but I really appreciate that you're interested and took the time to send a message.

JDYMusic

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love the look of it! Really liking the SNES vibe :)

kaffe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like your other game, Sojourner. I'll be sure to give this one a try when I have a few extra bucks.

michaelsquirrel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like your other game, Sojourner. I'll be sure to give this one a try when I have a few extra bucks.
Hey, thank you so much! From a gameplay standpoint, you'll be able to tell that Teragard is a massive leap forward from Sojourner in terms of quality and design. Thematically, though, it's completely different. I hope you enjoy it!

somenick

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi, thank you so much for the kind words and the interest. I definitely want to get Teragard on other platforms, such as itch.io. That takes a fair bit of work on my end, which is no problem, but to be honest, there is extremely little demand for the game, it's sold very poorly and hasn't attracted its target audiences (or any audience). One day, hopefully, I'll make the game available elsewhere, but for the time being it's not very high on my list of priorities. Sorry if that's not the answer you were hoping for, but I really appreciate that you're interested and took the time to send a message.
Maybe precisely due to low sales you may want to place the game in another site as well, to increase the odds that someone may buy it.

Saying that placing the game in other sites is not very high on your list of priorities kind of makes you sound unprofessional. I know this is not the case, but this comes across as 'Meh, I dont care about my own game' and giving that impression is never very good. I know life happens, though, so Im not criticising you really. Just my two cents.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgteck