Term Window

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
That was a quick update but nothing seemed to have changed.

I can`t change the color, the pop buttom, Im not able to increase the window size, etc... :(
Also, symbols doesnt seem to work ( á ã ì ) which is weird since the font im using works fine.

bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That was a quick update but nothing seemed to have changed.

I can`t change the color, the pop buttom, Im not able to increase the window size, etc... :(
Also, symbols doesnt seem to work ( á ã ì ) which is weird since the font im using works fine.
That's odd. Have you gone into Plugins -> BBS_TermWindow and changed the settings for color, and buttons there?

Farr

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
That's odd. Have you gone into Plugins -> BBS_TermWindow and changed the settings for color, and buttons there?
Yes I did sir.
I mean, the default options works fine, it`s like im using the older version.

Last edited:

jobar

WonderLang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Rindai3 Sorry to hear you're having problems with the plugin. Please start up your game again. When you receive the error message, press F8. Please post the entire error message that you find in the console here so I can help you better.
Hi, I get the same issue, "undefined is not a function", as soon as I launch the game.
Here is the console error:

bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi, I get the same issue, "undefined is not a function", as soon as I launch the game.
Here is the console error:

Perfect, thanks! Sorry, I've been without internet the past two days, so I haven't been able to update. Line 320 is:
"return $gameSystem.getMessageFontName();"

Which seems fine, but upon searching, is only defined in YEP_MessageCore. So, I need to add YEP_MessageCore.js as a requirement in here... if you add YEP_MessageCore, do you still get the same issue?

jobar

WonderLang
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The game is booting with YEP_MessageCore now, but I am getting a second error:

bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
The game is booting with YEP_MessageCore now, but I am getting a second error:
Hey @jobar, can you please download the new version (1.03a), and set the Debugging option to true in plugin parameters?
That will give more information about what went wrong. Hm, since you're getting cannot read _term of undefined, that could mean a few things. First, are you sure that the term you have surrounded with \c[x]...\c[0] (where x is the color index you set to identify terms), is defined in your Terms.json file?

lhc1114

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
korean
Primarily Uses
how to setting json?

bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
how to setting json?
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Are you asking how to set which JSON file to use, or are you asking how to modify the
terms in the JSON file?

The issues @Farr and @jobar reported have been resolved through private messages.

Last edited:

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Are you asking how to set which JSON file to use, or are you asking how to modify the
terms in the JSON file?

The issues @Farr and @jobar reported have been resolved through private messages.
Dude, this is very similar to what I was looking for!

I'm a Spanish native speaker and I'm developing a videogame to learn both English and Spanish, so I'd like to add a function where if you tap a word of a dialogue, then you can hear the pronunciation of that word and read its definition at the same time.

So with this plugin I can show the definition... but is there a way to play audio at the same time? Or maybe a way to just tap the word, like in Golden Sun Dark Dawn?

If tapping is not in your plans, then please consider adding some way to play audio while showing the meaning of the word, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you very much in advance, dude!

Last edited:

bluebooth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dude, this is very similar to what I was looking for!

I'm a Spanish native speaker and I'm developing a videogame to learn both English and Spanish, so I'd like to add a function where if you tap a word of a dialogue, then you can hear the pronunciation of that word and read its definition at the same time.

So with this plugin I can show the definition... but is there a way to play audio at the same time? Or maybe a way to just tap the word, like in Golden Sun Dark Dawn?

If tapping is not in your plans, then please consider adding some way to play audio while showing the meaning of the word, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you very much in advance, dude!
Good to hear from you shinichi, just wanted to let you know I haven't been ignoring your post. Because the terms use the color tag in order to identify which term was used, it would be difficult; requiring substantial extra code, to add tap support. It would also require me to override the default tap support for Window_Message, which by default, will advance to the next dialogue (or close if no dialogues are left). At least, unless there's a shortcut I don't know about.

A sound effect when a term is displayed is much more doable! I'm currently working through a few other plugins, but I've added your request to the list. ;)

shinichi999

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Good to hear from you shinichi, just wanted to let you know I haven't been ignoring your post. Because the terms use the color tag in order to identify which term was used, it would be difficult; requiring substantial extra code, to add tap support. It would also require me to override the default tap support for Window_Message, which by default, will advance to the next dialogue (or close if no dialogues are left). At least, unless there's a shortcut I don't know about.

A sound effect when a term is displayed is much more doable! I'm currently working through a few other plugins, but I've added your request to the list. ;)
Thanks dude! I'll look forward to hearing from you :)

nekatu

Designer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

Love the concept of this plugin and REALLY hoping to integrate it into my game as there's a lot of custom lore and lexicon; however I'm facing an odd issue in trying to implement it. Whenever I use the colour code on text and interact with the event the screen whites out. Looking at the console it doesn't show any errors, even when I enable the debug mode on the plugin. It shows that it is loading the array with my terms though, which indicates the plugin is working- but the game just freezes.

Any thoughts?

Darniela

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I really like your plugin. The only thing I am struggling with is the diacritics. I need the symbols (ěščřžýáíéů) in my game but they always end up looking like [] :| can anybody help me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I have recently returned to try and developing games after I learned how to use digital drawing software.

My goal is to start simple and small. I am mostly aiming to create a game that I would play, and to tell a story that I would like to read. :smile:
RayGarden7 wrote on Geovid's profile.
Hey I'm new the RPG Maker forms as well and was having the same problem you are with needing 30 post or 30 threads we must complete. Maybe we could help each other out? Why you on the forms what is your goal?

Apparently the various VS core plugins are going to be free. :LZSexcite:
Now to go wash the stink off myself from having had to look at Twitter.
:rtear:

heroine before entering いせかい

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tip2202