Terms of use after editing the tilesets (Ancient Dungeons Base Pack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownnumber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hello,

this may be a dumb question, but I've bought the Ancient Dungeons Base Pack quite a while ago, resized them for MV and fixed the autotiles (wow that was quite a lot of work, respect to anyone creating autotiles from scratch).
Only recently I wondered if I am still allowed to use these tiles in MV, since they weren't made for MV and I altered them?

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does the Ancient Dungeons Base Pack have Terms of Use that say things like "Use in <engine name> only" or things similar to it?

unknownnumber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yes.
tsFqEPu.png

I'm just not sure if I can alter them however I like and still use them, since I couldn't find anything about modifying. Better safe than sorry. :)

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there any mentioning "feel free to edit the resource" because I do think it is possible to use it in MV.

Prodigy 1216

Prodigious Member
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malanglish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Try contacting the contributor. Go to their support site and ask them. This is tricky. Like you said it is better to be safe and sorry. Encourage them to update the Terms of Use.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Where did you buy the pack from? There should be a Read Me file in the pack that contains the terms of use. I'm confused as what you posted looks like a screenshot.

unknownnumber

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yes it's a screenshot from the homepage, but you are right, I actually found what I was looking for in the Readme.
("Solely used for the creation of your game, you can edit, process, and modify the materials contained in the Resource Pack.")

Everything you download nowadays contains a readme and in 20-something years I've never read them, but the readme was a good hint. :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A screenshot from what homepage?

edit: Nevermind, I see it is on Celianna's home page. I was just wondering because products purchased from RMW's store can only be used in RM engines.

And yes, with most RM packs there should be a Read Me with clear terms of use, for future reference.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"Today I will totally open up RPG Maker and work on my game. I have lots of ideas!"

End of day spoiler: It didn't happen.
years later and I still couldn't get over the fact that Konami killed P.T. and Silent Hills. Oh so much potential for a new modern classic horror.
Finished reworking the design of my Itch.io page <3 Back to making plugins.
I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:
Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyanna