CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I debated about where this topic would go, and I didn't feel comfortable with it being in resources or resources request, as it's a question more about terms of use.

I noticed that App Game Kit has some fairly large graphic packs. And well, I'm not sure of their terms of use. I've looked on their site, I've asked reddit, I've asked the forums, and still no luck. 

I had one responder on the forums who's english is not their first language say "it not said agk only". Which I really couldn't understand.

My next step is contacting the devs themselves, but before I do that, I wanted to try one last time with anyone here who may be familiar with their terms of use and whether or not they'd be allowed to be used in the RPGMaker engine and if they had a link to the ToU could they please provide it? =]

Edit: I realize what he meant by "it said not agk only", he was referring to the description of the pack. But I still would feel more comfortable with a formal terms of use than something someone said on the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
App Game Kit ... what is that? Please give a link.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
http://www.appgamekit.com/

It's an engine for beginners to make games. Similar to RPG Maker but with different genres.

Also, it looks like it was the developer who replied on the forum and said it was ok to use graphics outside of AGK. I missed the forum badge.

But, again, it was in broken english. I just hoped someone had some clarification. 

My forum post:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/215969

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
His badge says he's an AGK Developer. That could simply mean he's making a game with AGK, not that he actually created the engine. So unless you confirm that it is HIS engine and those are HIS assets, I would not take his word for it (it's a bit like when people ask here what they can/can't do, and get a lot of people giving their opinions, which are not always correct).

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ill just contact the devs through their website, then.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another question would be how you got the AGK - if you got it through the Humble Game Making Bundle this year, that got special licences - for example the RM resources gained through that bundle (and that bundle only, no updates or other sources allowed) are cleared for use in any engine.

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for that. =] but I didn't buy RPGMaker or AGK from the humble bundle. =[

I sent an Email to the devs, I will be sure to post their response here for anyone else who may be interested (the assets look really nice).

I also want to add that some of the assets from the first pack can also be found in the indie game graphic bundle which you can use in any engine. So if it's a no-go on AGK assets, that is also an option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokdo2005