< Terrain Tag with switched Events >

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey guys! Who can help me with this situation??

Player sees a stair but can't reach it because of a big hole.
If he steps on hole (which is Terrain Tag _1 = X/Y stuff..) the player graphic changes to falling and is getting back to where he started.

He discovers a switch, which he stepped on and BOOM! There is a Bridge (Terrain Tag 0 = no falling animation stuff)
The bridge had always been there but is turned on via the switches switch (^^)
but that doesn't seem to work- I still get the falling animation as if he stepped on Terrain Tag 1. Even If he's on the bridge now!
So what am I probably missing?

Any help is appreciated!

And how do I bump my posts here exactly if I'm only allowed to edit my posts?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Terrain tags is a bad way to do this - why don't you use simply events without terrain tags?

Simply have an event on the hole that transfers the player with the correct changes to the fallen down map (first page, below player, no conditions, no sprite, triggered by player touch) that has a second page conditioned by a switch "bridge", the second page having a bridge tile as a graphic and also being below player but on action button and not having any content.
Then have that switch event in the map below control the switch that activates the bridge.

You are allowed to bump, but 72 hours need to have passed since the last post - that is also in our rules in the help section linked at top.

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
well I just don't want to copy/paste so much events because there will be lots of holes.
isn't there any other solution for it?

alright thank you!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
more than a hundred holes per map?

The problem here is that events are the only way to change the map - that is probably why your original method didn't work, because you can't change the terrain tag without changing the tile, and you can't change the tile without placing an event on it.

You cannot change anything on the map without placing an event on the position you want to change. That is a basic fact that you can't evade (the only way around that would be to use a plugin for changing the map tile, and such a plugin does not exist yet (to my knowledge). There is a single plugin that can change sections of the map, but that would be difficult to use in this case because of the way that plugin works.

And as we discussed before - for Ace and MV "excessive event numbers" are starting if you got above several hundred events, the engines are intended to have dozens of events on smaller maps and one or two hundred events on medium to large maps.

craenk22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
more than a hundred holes per map?

The problem here is that events are the only way to change the map - that is probably why your original method didn't work, because you can't change the terrain tag without changing the tile, and you can't change the tile without placing an event on it.

You cannot change anything on the map without placing an event on the position you want to change. That is a basic fact that you can't evade (the only way around that would be to use a plugin for changing the map tile, and such a plugin does not exist yet (to my knowledge). There is a single plugin that can change sections of the map, but that would be difficult to use in this case because of the way that plugin works.

And as we discussed before - for Ace and MV "excessive event numbers" are starting if you got above several hundred events, the engines are intended to have dozens of events on smaller maps and one or two hundred events on medium to large maps.
alright, then it won't be a problem with lags n stuff. thanks for the reply and telling that there is no other way around this situation! thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was doing forge runs on D2 with my wife last night, and singing like a leprechaun to annoy her XD. I was calling it 'The Farge'
Is i possible too make a weapon have a chance of using a skill?
Can the Eternal Dreamers finish off the final boss? We'll see!
Fekken kill me. I unknowingly swapped out two important events's codes and saved the game to test it. I'm just doing this for fun and the fun has now been replaced with excruciating torture.
Is this how game developers feel all the time?

EDIT:
WAIT HOLY S***
MY LAST POST ASKING FOR HELP ON AN EVENT ACTUALLY SAVED IT
OH MY GOD
Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lymeish