DedicatedGhost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using Terrax lighting, and I figured out how I can make it look like a flashlight. Basically I wanna be able to press a key to turn it on, then press the same key to turn it off. I was experimenting with conditional branches but the problem is it only works if I have on as one button, and off as a separate button, like Okay and Cancel. Also if possible I'd like the Enter/Return key to remain for interaction, and instead use a key such as F for controlling the flashlight, but I'm not sure if there's a way to set specific keys either?

Help would be appreciated! :D I'm hoping to finish this game within 3 days if possible because it's for a jam.

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try Yanfly's Button Common Events, that way you can assign any common even to any button. No need to use two buttons:
if switch_flashlight == ON:
.....remove the flashlight effect
.....switch_flashlight = OFF
else
.....use the flashlight effect
.....switch_flashlight = ON

edited spelling because I'm an idiot

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well I am infinitely upset that I finally got a good idea... after the Touch the Stars game jam is pretty much over.

Gather resources to build a spaceship to escape the apocalypse! It would have been cool....
Thinking that if I get MZ, I'll work on a new Project. How about instead of just an RPG, I make it episodic, like an anime? You might even get fanservice. Oh, but I need the right costume for the character.
"but what even is an API??"
Poppet Quest stats so far.. 61 views, 20 downloads, 3 reviews, 1 comment, 4 followers gained.... Hmm...
From a content creation standpoint, games really have awful traction. At least the experiment is interesting, time to see what adding Twitter into the mix does. Maybe the supposed 1,290 followers I have on it will prove useful. Then I'll test out Insta. :barf:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duckstuff2008