DedicatedGhost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm using Terrax lighting, and I figured out how I can make it look like a flashlight. Basically I wanna be able to press a key to turn it on, then press the same key to turn it off. I was experimenting with conditional branches but the problem is it only works if I have on as one button, and off as a separate button, like Okay and Cancel. Also if possible I'd like the Enter/Return key to remain for interaction, and instead use a key such as F for controlling the flashlight, but I'm not sure if there's a way to set specific keys either?

Help would be appreciated! :D I'm hoping to finish this game within 3 days if possible because it's for a jam.

mishakoc

Professional Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try Yanfly's Button Common Events, that way you can assign any common even to any button. No need to use two buttons:
if switch_flashlight == ON:
.....remove the flashlight effect
.....switch_flashlight = OFF
else
.....use the flashlight effect
.....switch_flashlight = ON

edited spelling because I'm an idiot

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not today... Not today...
I guess I should send my CV to Hasbro. I've made Monopoly cheaters edition more fun and challenging. I've developed custom cheats and chest/chance cards for it. And I've cleared many nightmares through my cards and rules.
I'm only missing 2 more bgms for my game but maaaaan, searching for these tracks is killing me. Can't find anything good to replace MZ's Theme 2 and Scene 5 I have as placeholders. Everything is too epic or too evil or too alarming. That 'scene 5' track in particular would fit nicely with my scene. Well, at least I finally figured what my last click-fest of a gameplay element will be like, so something positive :D
Finding new interesting stuff to make for the resource calendar becomes harder every year D:
ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snaphat