Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Although, what I'm working on is rather ambitious. It's a sort of space exploration RPG, along the lines of Mass Effect, where you undoubtedly visit various planets

and they each have their own orbital periods, that is different number of hours in the day and even how quickly Day turns to Night and vice versa - Unlike Earth which gradually shifts between night and day, the Moon blinks instantly between the two phases because of its lack of atmosphere (Am I right?).

So far, your plug-in only allows you to set the Day/Night cycle feature to  certain hours of the day between 0 and 23 and, as far as I know, it doesn't even include minutes or seconds (Yes! That's how far I'm taking my Day/Night system!).

Are you still at work on the lighting system? Will we, in the future, have more flexibility in controlling the plug-in's Day/Night system?

Thanks.
I'm always up for crazy ideas (as long as they don't take a ridiculous amount of time to code).

My time-system internaly runs on a 1/10 of a second counter, i can give access to that counter, depending on the speed setting of your daynight system you could calcute the minutes and seconds from that counter.

More then 24 hours will not be a problem either.

Ps.

The moon doesn't realy blink to black. Yes the sky is always black on the moon (watch the apollo mision photo's) but when the sun goes down the moons horizon, the lights dims over the minutes it takes to go from full sun to no sun.. i wouldn't call that a blink. One day on the moon lasts 28 earth days, 14 in the light, 14 in the night ;)

oh! thanks so much for this. I tried it out and it seems to work great. i do have two questions though. I can't seem to get the flashlight to turn off of an event like i can with a standard light on an event. is this a bug or am i just doing it wrong? also, i remeber you saying that the flashlight won't work on an event standing still but i forgot to ask why is this the case? is it a technical thing?
I looked though the code and realised the flashlight can already be turned on and off with the script, just add the triggernumber to the end of the tag.

On the NPC walking around use tag 'Flashlight 10 14 #888888 1' 

Then call Plugin command 'Light on 1' to turn his flashlight on (selfswitch D gets thrown on the NPC).

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex Tenebris

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry if this has been suggested or is already implemented, I'm always in rush mode until I have enough free time.

Does this plugin have the feature of display a light effect on the animations, and follow the animations? Maybe do that a light follows an animation and that is displayed by default when certain animation is used, is complex to code.

Also, is possible to define the... how to say this in english... the strenght of the light? I mean, instead of show the light effect instantly, the light size increases gradually, in addition, a function to increase and decrease constantly the size of the light effect, this is useful for torches, campfires, a candle, etc.

Lastly, do you have plans to implement or do an addon for make shadow effects?

Thank you.

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry if this has been suggested or is already implemented, I'm always in rush mode until I have enough free time.

Does this plugin have the feature of display a light effect on the animations, and follow the animations? Maybe do that a light follows an animation and that is displayed by default when certain animation is used, is complex to code.

Also, is possible to define the... how to say this in english... the strenght of the light? I mean, instead of show the light effect instantly, the light size increases gradually, in addition, a function to increase and decrease constantly the size of the light effect, this is useful for torches, campfires, a candle, etc.

Lastly, do you have plans to implement or do an addon for make shadow effects?

Thank you.
Yes, the light moves around with moving animations

Yes, you can make lights grow and shrink

Yes, there is already a torch effect..

Just watch the demo,its all very easy to setup.

No, at this moment there are no plans for shadow effects.

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Terrax, there is probably bug in recent version 1.1.5  Fire radius 100 #FFCC00

On events flickering works - no matters if they static or moving

On Actor - if I move, flickering stops and it acts like Light radius 100 #FFCC00

I used an previous version (not sure which one, maybe 1.1.2) without this issue.

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Hello i got a few questions.

I got my game setup with your light system and with Orange time plugin.

First of all, is there anyway to make a even to tell the current time in your plugin?

this would be a way for me to sec so the time is in synch with orange time plugin.

Another question i got is, does the time stop when i enter an map without the DayNight event?

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV

First of all, is there anyway to make a even to tell the current time in your plugin?

this would be a way for me to sec so the time is in synch with orange time plugin.

- Plugin parameter "Save DayNight Cycle  X" where X is ID of global variable, where plugin current time is stored.

Another question i got is, does the time stop when i enter an map without the DayNight event?

- If you want, you can stop time by plugin  command: Daynight speed 0

Better than try to synchronise Daynight Cycle speed and any other plugin speed is just "stop" DayNight cycle" by  Daynight speed 0 and only use daynight color when time changes as common event:

Like:

DaytimeTest:  Autorun:  Switch HourChange

if : Hours = 0

Plugin Command: Daynight hour 0 

end

etc for every hour...

That keeps you absolute control to have one time for whole game - no need to synchronize

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New version (1.1.6) now available

http://mvplugins.com...Lighting System

Version 1.1.6

Fixed : Bug with fire effect not saving correctly

Enhanced : DayNight system

* If you want to use the time of day to trigger effects (like turning on lights when it gets dark)
 * you can use the parameters 'Save DaynightHours','Save DaynightMinutes','Save DaynightSeconds'
 * The default is 0, which means its off.
 * If you set DaynightHours to a value,5 for example, it will store the hour value inside game variable 5.

* You can then use that variable to trigger lights.
 * To help syncing/debugging the time system you can use scriptcommand 'daynight debug' to display the current time.
 * If you want to go 'alien world' and stuff, you can change the number of hours in a day with
 * script command 'daynight hoursinday 48' (for 48 hours in day, don't forget to fill in the hour values)

The hours, minutes and seconds can be put in a game variable this update.

to help with syncing the time you can call 'daynight debug' to show a the current time.

you can always stop it with the plugin command 'Daynight speed 0' if you want to stop it.

Terrax, there is probably bug in recent version 1.1.5

Fire radius 100 #FFCC00

On events flickering works - no matters if they static or moving

On Actor - if I move, flickering stops and it acts like Light radius 100 #FFCC00

I used an previous version (not sure which one, maybe 1.1.2) without this issue.
It was a smal bug, fixed next update

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Terrax, Recent download link leads to TerraxPuzzle.JS plugin v 1.0.0 instead of  TerraxLighting  BD  

Kilitar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just to clarify - in version 1.1.6 you MUST  call plugin with 2 parametters now instead of one:  Plugin Command: Daynight hour 5 0

Took me some time to realize I must rewrite whole game, cos previous settings Plugin Command: Daynight hour 5 does not work anymore.

Terrax - Maybe a simple check "if Daynight hour is called with one parameter only, automatically recognize second parametter as 0.

And another - Fire radius 100 #FFCC00   - bug still persist. After load savegame, color changes to plain FFFFFF with no flickering. 

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New version (1.1.7) now available

http://mvplugins.com...Lighting System

Version 1.1.7

Fixed : Bug with hour setting fixed. (minutes can be ommited now)

Just to clarify - in version 1.1.6 you MUST  call plugin with 2 parametters now instead of one:  Plugin Command: Daynight hour 5 0

Took me some time to realize I must rewrite whole game, cos previous settings Plugin Command: Daynight hour 5 does not work anymore.

Terrax - Maybe a simple check "if Daynight hour is called with one parameter only, automatically recognize second parametter as 0.

And another - Fire radius 100 #FFCC00   - bug still persist. After load savegame, color changes to plain FFFFFF with no flickering. 
Daynight is fixed, ill look into the firething this evening (bugfixing in lunchbreak).

Kirika

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
na
Primarily Uses
N/A
Better than try to synchronise Daynight Cycle speed and any other plugin speed is just "stop" DayNight cycle" by  Daynight speed 0 and only use daynight color when time changes as common event:
Like:

DaytimeTest:  Autorun:  Switch HourChange

if : Hours = 0

Plugin Command: Daynight hour 0 

end

etc for every hour...

That keeps you absolute control to have one time for whole game - no need to synchronize
Thats work, but transition not smooth.

Is there a way to directly control hours/minutes by global variables or by using script ?

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This should be fixed now, just download 1.1.7 again, i didn't upgrade the version number but it should be fixed

Thats work, but transition not smooth.

Is there a way to directly control hours/minutes by global variables or by using script ?
You can control the daytime with plugin command 'Daynight hour 16 30' to set the time to 16:30. There is also a new option in 1.1.7. to help sync time, you can display the current time with 'Daynight debug'.

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the help and a big thanks for the debug, this will be of a huge help.

I will have to do some more testing to see if i can get things to work better then last time.

The plugin command 'Daynight hour 16:30' dosent seem to work i keep getting an error every time i use it

says "Cannot read property 'r' of null"

Never mind you had included the : in the plugin command in your post so i thought they should be in untill i took a closer look in the help and saw it should be "16 30"

Is it possible to make it so the hour and minute can be taken from another variable value with the "Daynight hour" plugin command?

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm going to ask something that might be complicated this time. After having nice lights on the map, having them on the battle screen would be nice too. No need for moving lights, but only lights with color and radius given by (X,Y) coordinates.

I got another suggestion, more than on/off lights, changing their color would be great too. I have some LED displays that emit light and change from red to green if enabled/disabled (For now I just altered the note tag using a parallel event, it also works).

Kirika

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
na
Primarily Uses
N/A
i got suggestion - make rectangular fading light (i got windows reflection in mind) - something like Victor got in his vxace script.

and would be great to have whole screen rectangle(like u use for daynight system) to make it slightly darker (i am use light source with huge radius right now but it's slowly fade away from center, as result i got darker corners on my not so small map)

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks for the help and a big thanks for the debug, this will be of a huge help.

I will have to do some more testing to see if i can get things to work better then last time.

The plugin command 'Daynight hour 16:30' dosent seem to work i keep getting an error every time i use it

says "Cannot read property 'r' of null"

Never mind you had included the : in the plugin command in your post so i thought they should be in untill i took a closer look in the help and saw it should be "16 30"

Is it possible to make it so the hour and minute can be taken from another variable value with the "Daynight hour" plugin command?
Do you mean a function like this 'Plugin command : Daynight SetWithVars 4 5'.

That will set the hours and minutes in the game to the values in game variables 4 (hours) and 5 (minutes)

Is that what you are looking for?

I'm going to ask something that might be complicated this time. After having nice lights on the map, having them on the battle screen would be nice too. No need for moving lights, but only lights with color and radius given by (X,Y) coordinates.

I got another suggestion, more than on/off lights, changing their color would be great too. I have some LED displays that emit light and change from red to green if enabled/disabled (For now I just altered the note tag using a parallel event, it also works).
I have not taken a look to the battle system at all, not saying no, but not on the main list atm.

About the colors, that can be done easy, so ill include it in next update.

i got suggestion - make rectangular fading light (i got windows reflection in mind) - something like Victor got in his vxace script.

and would be great to have whole screen rectangle(like u use for daynight system) to make it slightly darker (i am use light source with huge radius right now but it's slowly fade away from center, as result i got darker corners on my not so small map)
By popular demand, the option to make it slightly darker with a rectangle will be included it in next update.

Next update will be next week, since i'm away this weekend ;)

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
Yes thats what im looking for but for some reason i cant seem to get the command to work, it just dosent change the time.

Sorry but im not so good with coding.

Might as well explain what im trying to do.

I am really just trying to get the light effects from your plugin to work with Hudells OrangeTimeSystem.

I got everything to work almost perfect by setting your plugin day and night speed to 0 then make a common event run every hour to change your plugin hour to the current hour.

the only problem i got with this how the tint changed instantly to another tint and not slowly.

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Yes thats what im looking for but for some reason i cant seem to get the command to work, it just dosent change the time.

Sorry but im not so good with coding.

Might as well explain what im trying to do.

I am really just trying to get the light effects from your plugin to work with Hudells OrangeTimeSystem.

I got everything to work almost perfect by setting your plugin day and night speed to 0 then make a common event run every hour to change your plugin hour to the current hour.

the only problem i got with this how the tint changed instantly to another tint and not slowly.
Wel, thats because i just made up that call, it isn't in the current plugin..

but it will be in the next update ;)

Fitcher

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
ah right, i feel so stupid now hehe...

but one thing im wondering will it be possible so when i time it will slowly change the color?

I mean like if i set #ffffff as the collor for 12:00 and #111111 for 1:00.

Then i change the time from 12:00 to 1:00 it would slowly change it from #ffffff to #111111 and not instantly.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Staples