Terrax Lighting system

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
EDIT

I don't know how I did it, I literally repeated the exact steps I took and it works now. Not sure what happened but it seems to work now.

One little extra thing I'd like to ask is there a way to have a light source have extra intensity? For example I have a street light 3 tiles high, while the ground below is lit up I was wondering if I could have a smaller yet brighter light on the light bulb itself.
Yes, that can be done, ill include a brightness setting (like with flashlight) next update

gabrielnegreira

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hi, Terrax. 

Is it possible to light events that were created during the gameplay with Orange Custom Events plugin?

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Might I also suggest a darkness option?  Having pitch black outside of light sources can look slightly ugly on maps.

goldenhades

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
Hi Terrax

Do you think its possible to use your tint set in battle as well. Because right now we got ooo super darky dungeon who awesome. There is two slime lets fight guys!   What those slime are made . its so bright !!!

i have currently try calling the plugin command in battle but to no avail.

lillunatik

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As to my issue before, it seems to be capability issues with your TerraxPuzzle. As i get the error with both of the plugin turned on.

ReferenceError: SaveLightingVariables is not defined

at Scene_Load.onSavefileOk (file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/plugins/TerraxPuzzle.js:330:11)

at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.callHandler (file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/rpg_windows.js:896:31)

at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.callOkHandler (file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/rpg_windows.js:1165:10)

at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.processOk (file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/rpg_windows.js:1150:14)

at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.processHandling (file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/rpg_windows.js:1021:18)

at Window_SavefileList.Window_Selectable.update (file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/rpg_windows.js:978:10)

at file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/rpg_core.js:5726:19

at Array.forEach (native)

at WindowLayer.update (file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/rpg_core.js:5724:19)

at file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/rpg_scenes.js:112:19

/C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/plugins/Webcache.js:71 [WebAudioCache] ADD to cache: audio/se/Load.ogg

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New version (1.2.1) now available

http://mvplugins.com...Lighting System

Version 1.2.1

* You can add two optional commands for brightness and direction
 * Light 200 #FFFFFF B50 increases the brightness with 50%. Value between 0 and 99.
 * Light 200 #FFFFFF D1 will give half a lightglobe for lightsources placed on walls.
 * 1. For lights on north walls, light will face down.
 * 2. For lights on east walls, light will face west.
 * 3. For lights on south walls, light will face north.
 * 4. For lights on west walls, light will face east.

Might I also suggest a darkness option?  Having pitch black outside of light sources can look slightly ugly on maps.
There already is a darkness option,

RegionBlock 1 ON #333333 Will block lights on tiles with region-number 1, but it will not be completly dark

but slightly shaded (test with different color settings for the right effect.)

Hi Terrax

Do you think its possible to use your tint set in battle as well. Because right now we got ooo super darky dungeon who awesome. There is two slime lets fight guys!   What those slime are made . its so bright !!!

i have currently try calling the plugin command in battle but to no avail.
I will look into it, won't promise anything because the battle system is new territory.

As to my issue before, it seems to be capability issues with your TerraxPuzzle. As i get the error with both of the plugin turned on.

ReferenceError: SaveLightingVariables is not defined

at Scene_Load.onSavefileOk (file:///C:/Users/Johnny/Desktop/RPG%20Maker%20MV%20Games/Project%201/js/plugins
I've made an update to the Terrax puzzle system, this should take care of the errors. Thank you for your info :)

Make sure you put the puzzle system above the lighting plugin in the plugin list.

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Slight issue with the new plugin update, for reasons unknown the altered brightness for tile/region blocking does not seem to make any effect from previous installments for me.

As of now looking at my project I won't be having a day/night cycle since i'm basing it in a dark city kinda setting- for me right now I only got street lights that works 24-7, however outside of lightsources that are activated by tile and region settings outside these sources are pitch black also don't seem to take effect with the darkness option provided.

I hope i am making sense :s

satoya

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Hi,

I think the size of Bitmap should be set as plugin parameter.

because the size of Bitmap heavily affects the performance.

new Bitmap(2500, 1500);  <- this is very heavy operation!

new Bitmap(816, 624);  <- this is enough and much faster if you use screen size (816, 624).

Prizm Daystar

Social Butt
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Ooh.  This is nice.  I didn't know that this plugin was finally floating around for MV!  Now I can make some of the effects for a couple maps that I had intended.

Black Noise

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Terrax.

I just tried out your plug-in again with my day/night cycle and I'm loving the Tinting system,

its much more simple and flexible to adapt it to the many worlds I plan to build in my game.

However, I've been testing out the Light radius grow commands with the idea that as night starts to encroach,

you have a wide radius that gradually shrinks every two hours so you see less and less around you as it gets

even darker...

How slowly does the light radius change when using that command?

Meemoo

Imagination Puppet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
So I'm stuck on a problem. I really want to change the lighting on the player, the glow that focuses on your character. 
Is there a way to change the lighting so It's not always so dark? I've tried looking everywhere for my solution but
nothing came up. I even tried messing around to see if I could get it to change, I'm also not talking about the
radius but the lighting itself.

I'm not so sure if this question has been asked already but forgive me if it has.

EDIT: I just really want to have an option for brightness around the player like you can do for events.
Sorry if my question was not clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldenhades

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
if i understand correctly you want a fog of war who not total dark 
create a new event, parallel process and put a plugin command Tint set #24292E    where # is the color of you fog like.
it should do the work

Skurge

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
if i understand correctly you want a fog of war who not total dark 

create a new event, parallel process and put a plugin command Tint set #24292E    where # is the color of you fog like.

it should do the work
Looks like that fixed the problem for me, thank you very much :)

gabrielnegreira

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hi, Terrax. 

Is it possible to light events that were created during the gameplay with Orange Custom Events plugin?

kaboth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a similar question to JohnnyR.

During a part of my game, you walk through a military outpost at nighttime. There's a lit campfire in the camp, and I want to turn that campfire into a light source.

The screen uses the "Night" tint, but the Terrax plugin makes the entire screen black with the exception of the campfire. Is there a way to remove the entire black overlay, so I can only have the light source? I know that creating a global light in a parallel event was named as a solution, but it completely changes the colour of the screen. I want the screen to just keep the default Night tint without being discoloured by another light.

Is this possible?

EDIT: I've figured it out!

The black overlay is made in the "PLAYER LIGHTGLOBE" section, with the following code:

this._maskBitmap.globalAlpha=0.2;   this._maskBitmap.fillRect(0, 0, 2500, 1500, 'black');By commenting out these two lines, the plugin will no longer draw out the overlay. This leaves the gradient with a black box surrounding it, which can be erased in the following line in "OTHER LIGHTSOURCES" section:

this._maskBitmap.radialgradientFillRect(lx1,ly1, 0, light_radius , colorvalue, 'black', objectflicker);By changing the colour from 'black' to 'white', you can make the black box surrounding the gradient completely invisible.

The result is as follows:

doesn't work with new version, I've tried to change it to white but then the lights don't work....

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've not been realy active the last weeks, i've got my own company and have a few deathlines in the comming weeks, so didn't have much time on my hands. Ill get around to new stuff in a few weeks.

Hi,

I think the size of Bitmap should be set as plugin parameter.

because the size of Bitmap heavily affects the performance.

new Bitmap(2500, 1500);  <- this is very heavy operation!

new Bitmap(816, 624);  <- this is enough and much faster if you use screen size (816, 624).
Yes, good plan, ill integrate next update

Hi, Terrax. 

Some other have asked this, so ill be taking a look at it soon

doesn't work with new version, I've tried to change it to white but then the lights don't work....
My plugin doesn't realy 'light up' a map.. it makes it dark first,the punches lightglobes into the dark area for 'lights'.

The only way to have lights is create a little darkness. I can't create the games exact tint values, because it uses i filter and my plugin doens't. The only think i can advise is try to find a tint color from my plugin that comes close to it and work with that.

firestalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This doesn't seem to work with Yanfly's plugins...  Any way there can be a patch for them?

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
I was excited to see this plugin, but sadly it doesn't work with 'Bind Pictures to Map' for Parallax Mapping. I just end up getting a TypeError 'cannot read property 'addChild' or unfedined'. It works with the bind plugin off, but sadly I need it. ;) Link: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46776-bind-pictures-to-map/?hl=%2Bbind+%2Bpicture

Any chance it's simply a compatibility issue and it's not simply inherently incompatible because of how the two plugins work?

I'd love to use this system, it seems really intuitive. 

EDIT: Tried testing it with the demo, apparently when you place the plugin before your lighting plugin it breaks the game. If you place it after it disables all lighting effects. I'm really clueless, I know little to nothing about java, but maybe you can find this useful.

Paul_Reitz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was excited to see this plugin, but sadly it doesn't work with 'Bind Pictures to Map' for Parallax Mapping. I just end up getting a TypeError 'cannot read property 'addChild' or unfedined'. It works with the bind plugin off, but sadly I need it. ;) Link: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/46776-bind-pictures-to-map/?hl=%2Bbind+%2Bpicture

Any chance it's simply a compatibility issue and it's not simply inherently incompatible because of how the two plugins work?

EDIT: Tried testing it with the demo, apparently when you place the plugin before your lighting plugin it breaks the game. If you place it after it disables all lighting effects. I'm really clueless, I know little to nothing about java, but maybe you can find this useful.
@Terrax I would also like to confirm this issue. If TDDP_BindPicturesToMap is enabled this plugin cannot display its light layer.

Terrax

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
New version (1.2.2) now available

http://mvplugins.com...Lighting System

Version 1.2.2

* Very small update, screen resolution settings to improve performance

* Tint variables are global now, so they can be set from other day-night plugins

This doesn't seem to work with Yanfly's plugins...  Any way there can be a patch for them?
He has made a lot of plugins.. you will have to point me in the right direction.

Hi, Terrax. 

I've taken a look at it, but its not that simple (the script doesn't copy tags etc), however i might have a solution that will do the job, but it will not work for moving events. I can create a plugin command that will create a (temporary) light at a certain X,Y coordinate.

So after calling : copy event 8 to position 12 22.

You could call : create light 12 22 150 #FFFFFF 

Would that solve your problem or do you mainly use it for moving events?

This can be solved by adding 3 lines to the TDDP plugin. You can ask the author to include them, or include them yourself.

Edit the function that starts on line 100 of the script.

Code:
    //=============================================================================    // Spriteset_Map    //=============================================================================    Spriteset_Map.prototype.createLowerLayer = function() {        Spriteset_Base.prototype.createLowerLayer.call(this);        this.createPicturesLayer('bottom', this._baseSprite);        this.createParallax();        this.createPicturesLayer('below_tilemap', this._baseSprite);        this.createTilemap();        this.createPicturesLayer('below_characters', this._tilemap);        this.createCharacters();        this.createPicturesLayer('above_characters', this._tilemap, 8);        this.createShadow();        this.createPicturesLayer('below_weather', this._tilemap, 8);                if (Imported.TerraxLighting) {       // Add these 3 lines         	this.createLightmask();      // And make sure TerraxLighting     	}                                    // is above TDDP in the plugin-list.    	        this.createWeather();        this.createPicturesLayer('top', this);        this.createDestination();    };

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Coffee + Silk Coconut Milk + Splenda Zero = Not ..... awful :/ .
My new RPG Maker music pack, Emotional: Redemption, is now in progress and will be coming to RPG Maker soon. It is an album that focuses on emotional themes including the darker forms of sorrow and despair. Below is a demo of a composition from the album.

Please watch out for your hands when handling chests! XD Did this a few days ago, it was fun to animate

Apparently, it's illegal to be drunk on licensed premises: pubs, etc. It's illegal for keepers of public houses to permit drunkenness and disorderly conduct. lol.
Pillow Hero - A 16-bit arcade styled puzzle game, update 0.5 is live now on Itch.io! --> https://bifrost09.itch.io/pillow-hero

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfafsr4326