Terrax Lighting system

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Terrax, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Crysillion

Crysillion Veteran Veteran

Hello!

Is there a way to adjust the softness of the light? It feels like the lights are too soft for the visual structure of RPG Maker and it looks kind of... off, somehow. I'd like to reduce the softness, but I'm not convinced that it's possible at this time. What do you think?

PTS likes this.
  2. FuzzyDemon

FuzzyDemon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Hi! I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but before the 1.2.5 update, I didn't need to put a "Light activate" plugin command in every room. Now if I don't, the lights work on a new game, but won't work whenever I load a saved game into a room without the command.

3. PTS

PTS Member Title? :D Veteran

First Language:
    ru

+1, i'm confirm that this is so

4. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    New version (1.2.6) now available

http://mvplugins.com/plugin/Terrax/Terrax%20Lighting%20System

Bug fix:

Light activate/deactived did not save correctly, it should now.

Note: If you use the switch to activate and deactivate the script in your game, please activate the script on the first map/cutscene of your game.

If the script is in deactivated state when a 'new game' is started, the script will remain deactivated.

Added: A plugin call to change the players lightsource brightness.

'Light radius 150 #FFFFFF B70 will give the player a brighter lightsource

Brightness values are from 0 to 99 (0 is the default soft glow)

Yes, for the player use 'Light radius 150 #FFFFFF B70'

For the NPC lightsources use 'Light 150 #FFFFFF B70'

(Brightness values from 0 - 99)

This bug should be fixed.. if you deactive the lightsources in your game, be sure to activate them when a 'new game' starts, the plugin

does not detect when 'new game' is selected, so the lightsources will remain 'off' if they are off in the previous game.

FuzzyDemon likes this.
  5. SwoX

SwoX Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    This script is great! Thanks so much for all your work on it!

Two (Edit: 3) things I'd love to see in it are:

(1) A way to alter the amount of feathering on light sources (i.e. the rate at which it fades to darkness). Control over that fadeout would be really cool. That would also be cool on wall-mounted light sources that are on corners so you wouldn't have such a hard line as you do at present. Edit: now that I think about corner/end of wall lights some more, it'd be rad to be able to assign the degrees that it extends on either side of the light (e.g. if you had one in a corner, having it go 0º on one side, so it goes straight up the wall, and 100º on the other so it extends a bit around it). Just an idea :p

(2) A way to change the colour and opacity of the darkness (e.g. it'd be neat to be able to make it a dark blue that you can still see in a bit for outdoor night scenes).

Edit: (3) I'd love to be able to program in variations to existing lights, so that lights could grow, change colour, etc. Is such a thing already possible?

If there are ways to do these things already, I'd love to know :)

Thanks again :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
  6. Skurge

Skurge " (GASP) What's going on!? " Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Is there a way to have NPC lights produce a brightness setting in the ways of a heavilly intensiveness light that it's blinding like a street light?

7. Daalaff

Daalaff Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Hello,

If i use a second trigger in the map note, then the daynight cycle has no function. See the picture below.

picture.png

8. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    1a) You can only increase the brightness of lightsources atm.

1b) Javascript does not provide enough functions to work with degrees and angles.

2) You can with the Tint system. Put an event in a map on paralel with the following plugin

call :  'Tint set #111144'. (it will make it a little less dark with a blue hue)

You only have to call it once and then destroy the event so the script call won't be repeating forever.

3) The only way to change light colors at the moment is using region lights.

Plugin command : RegionLight 4 ON #0000FF 150   in the first tab of your event

Plugin command : RegionLight 4 ON #FF0000 150 in the 2nd tab of your event.

This will change the color from blue to red when the event switches page. (there is a small area in the demo

that shows this)

I can only make it so bright as daylight (in other words.. remove all  the blackness)

Use 'Light 150 #FFFFFF B99' for the brightest lightsource.

If you use other tags in the note of the map the 'mapnote' function will not currently work. You can also use an event in the map.

However, ill will fix it in the next update

SwoX likes this.
  9. SamuelDivinium

SamuelDivinium Villager Member

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Hello Terrax,

I don't know if anyone else encountered this problem, but if I use your plugin simultaneously with the BindPicturesToMap plugin (http://mvplugins.tordamian.com/plugins/bind-pictures-to-map/) it cancels the lightning plugin out completely. 

Do you have any tips how can I manage to use both of them?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  10. PTS

First Language:
    ru

Hi, im use this plugin too. To be precise, Terrax Lighting system + BindPicturesToMap, and I have no problems with compatibility.

Perhaps your problem occurs when you use certain layers to Bind Pictures To Map. Try to use only "BindPictureToMap 1 below_characters" and

"BindPictureToMap 2 above_characters".

2016-01-29 13-08-38 Диспетчер дополнительных модулей.png

11. SamuelDivinium

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Sadly it doesn't work for me. I tried this plugin on a new map with binded images and without binded images but none of them works. I can only manage to use this plugin if I completely turn off BindPicturesToMap plugin from the Plugin Manager  :(  

EDIT: I inserted this line 

this.createLightmask();

To the bottom of the BindPicturesToMap's

Spriteset_Map.prototype.createLowerLayer

function and it solved the problem! :)  

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
    PTS likes this.
  12. Terrax

Terrax Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English

This is a know issue, that can be solved in the Bind pictures to map plugin.. This post has the answer

Click here to go to previous post with answer

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
    PTS likes this.
  13. Askann

Askann Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nice plugin!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
  14. Hirokusha

Hirokusha Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hey Terrax is there anyway to create an effect where a window shines down light into a dark room? I'm trying with the flashlight command but I cant get rid of the flashlight effect when its night time and the sun is no longer shining down light through the window. The event just wont go away no matter what I try. Is there anyway to turn off this flashlight effect?

15. TheHarmp

TheHarmp Non-Profit Mephobiac Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Is there a way to have the TinyGetInfoWnd.js to show above the lighting?
    or the lighting underneath those windows?
    [​IMG]

Other than that it works amazingly, thank you so much!

16. BigToastie

BigToastie Veteran Veteran

Firstly the improvements you make on this plugin are making what was already an awesome script even better, the fact I can now add time into game means that I can have a better time of day and night, but players can manage it! 

Is there anyway to incorperate an ingame time (just for the hours and mins) so players can see the time of day/night it is?

If not that's fine, people can use sundials!! 

But I mainly wanted to post to just say thank you for this plugin!

17. PTS

First Language:
    ru

I join a question. At the moment for visualisation I use another "Vlue's Advanced Game Time" plugin that renders the clock on the screen.

But I have a problem - there is no full time synchronization between "Vlue's Advanced Game Time"  and "Terrax Lighting system" (tested in debug mode).

The discrepancy between the two timers ~2-6 seconds, which increases or decreases as you move from one map to another. It is not comfortable.

Therefore, Terrax, please add the clock. At least in simple form: HH:MM:SS (or HH:MM), with optional switching AM/PM.

18. SamuelDivinium

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Yeah I found the solution a few post after this, but thanks for noting anyway!

19. KaYsEr

KaYsEr Koruldia Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi Terrax, just to report a small glitch >> simply try to trigger a "shake screen" effect and you will see it. No need to describe.

(and an "old one" I forgot to tell you >> if you have a big "player radius" like 540 for example and you make an event with a "scroll map" going too far away from the player, you will see the "player radius light" disappear until you scroll the camera back to the player... I think this happens exactly at the moment the player is off screen, but since the light radius is bigger than him, if you "delete" it too early we can see it)

Thanks again!

Actually it's already pretty consistent with the way WebGL renders the game in MV, especially in full screen (upscaling with GL anti aliasing is visually consistent with this), what you say would probably depend more on the visual style of the resources you choose to use, for example if you aim for pixel art it's a good idea to have pixelated lights, etc.
    The way it is right now is probably the most versatile one.

20. StarWarrior00

StarWarrior00 ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I gotta say this is a really neat plugin,  unfortunately  it has a bug in it to where it doesn't work properly if the game resolution is changed via plugin. The effect only takes up part of the screen.

You can see for yourself with the demo I made using your plugin and Yanfly's Core Engine plugin. The resolution is set to 1920x1080.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gauvg2vew9mi3q4/Lighting%20Test.7z?dl=0