Terrax Lighting system

UltimusLight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the hard work on this plugin, it's been quite helpful so far. I just have a bit of a question and can't seem to find an example in the demo of it...

I want to have the player's light radius shrink when they change maps, specifically the party moves from outside to inside a dark tent, and I want to have the radius shrink down a good deal, or even turn off completely, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it when they get inside the tent.

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Terrax

Is there a fast way to change the falloff of the player's light?  I'm looking for a much smoother gradient than the antialiased/edge-blurred circle the plugin presently makes.  I'm alright with editing the plugin if necessary.

Edit:

@UltimusLight Couldn't you just do that with a self-erasing auto-run event which runs the plugin command that changes the player's light size?

Last edited by a moderator:

UltimusLight

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Terrax

Is there any way to change the falloff of the player's light?  I'm looking for a much smoother gradient than the antialiased/edge-blurred circle the plugin presently makes.  I'm alright with editing the plugin if necessary.

Edit:

@UltimusLight Couldn't you just do that with a self-erasing auto-run event which runs the plugin command that changes the player's light size?

Yes, I figured it out like 10 minutes after posting, thanks for the reply though.

Kainchen

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If i am using this script together with Quasis Simple Shadow, i cant save the game. An Error occurred in the console "level too deep". You can fix this or add the shadow part in your script?

Firgof

Artist / Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Terrax Any way to make this function in combat as well?

coolperez8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there any way to turn off the light when the event is erased without defining light ID's?

(I want to be able to copy and paste light sources without having to redefine the ID's per light source and the lights to turn off when their events are called)

The reason I need to do this is because I am trying to create an effect similar to when you pick up money in GTA IV.

Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
when i use the lighting system is there a way to make the darkness surounding my lights less dark? or maybe get rid of them?

Flearion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
Hi, i just want to ask how one can make the timed torch via common events? i did one with labels but it just froze my character :/ so could someone please tell me how to do it?

coolperez8

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Any idea why this plugin lags my game in a certain map?

I'm running the game on an Alienware (X51 R3 with Intel i7 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980), I have a map filled with regions (I'm also using Yanfly's Region Battlebacks plugin), and I mapped some regions as light sources for TerraxLighting. I also built a debug menu into my game to enable/disable TerraxLighting. In the map the game lags with this plugin on, but it's fine with the plugin disabled.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do you think you could make move_event_id a global variable? I need to reference it for compatibility.

Zerothedarklord

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the Flashlight part of this, can you make the direction the light from the flashlight effect is facing change with the event it is bound to when that event changes directions?
Just for testing, I just made an NPC that ONLY changes directions, 90 degree turn to the right every 60 frames, and the light doesn't turn with him. It changes when a character moves just fine, but not when they turn (if they only turn, and don't move)

cropots

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
Hi, i just want to ask how one can make the timed torch via common events? i did one with labels but it just froze my character :/ so could someone please tell me how to do it?

The images are in Portuguese but I believe it gives to understand.

Flearion

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
cropots.

Thank you so much :D  It was easy to understand for me :)

cropots

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portugues
There is already the possibility of setting up events with on / off independent light ID? I used the option and Killswitch, however after switching off can not turn on again, only if you use ID that would be too much work, I'll order more than 100 lights in the area.

Sorry the english, i'm braziliam.

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I use the plugin command "Tint set #111144" then load into a map to playtest my controls seem to freeze. There are no error messages and the music is still playing but I cannot move or even go into a menu. Any ideas?

Edit: I got it, the trigger setting had to be on parallel.

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you turn off a torch? What I am trying to do is replace the flashlight with a lantern basically... but there is a plugin command for flashlight off, is there one for light off?

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why is it that when I use a torch or flashlight for the first time (when it should turn it ON) it turns it off? What am I missing?

Snarkyfork

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure the effect of both scripts together is good, but you can have clouds and fog outside from kaus script

and darkness inside dungeons from my script.

If you want both scripts to work together, this is how you can fix it..

- Make sure Terrax Lighting script is loaded before Kau's overlay (put it above Kau's in the plugin manager)

- Take an text editor and add one line to Kau's script in the first routine you find.

Spriteset_Map.prototype.createLowerLayer = function() {
    Spriteset_Base.prototype.createLowerLayer.call(this);
    map = $dataMap;
    this.createParallax();
    this.createTilemap();
    if(map.meta.ground || map.meta.all) this.createGroundMap();
    this.createCharacters();
    if(map.meta.par || map.meta.all) this.createParMap();
    if(map.meta.fogName) this.createFogMap();
    if(map.meta.light || map.meta.all) this.createLightMap();
    this.createShadow();
    this.createDestination();
    this.createLightmask();              // <----- ADD THIS LINE
    this.createWeather();
};

That's all there is to it.

When I place Kau's plugin below Terrax Lighting and change the line you tell us to change (above in the quote) and then start a new game... when I turn on a torch or flashlight for the first time it DEACTIVATES them as if they were on. When I disable Kau's plugin then retry everything it works perfectly normal (like in your demo). What should I do?

James Westbrook

JamesWestbrook
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi! So far I am liking this plugin but I am unsure of how to use it. Has anyone made a tutorial for how to use this plugin? If not I would like permission to make one on YouTube so that future users don't need to scroll through 20 pages of posts to find a solution to their issue.

Also is there a more in depth guide to using this plugin? I am finding it hard to understand and I would hate to ask a question that is either completely obvious or already answered. 

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3
Aaaaannd published my game's tech demo. :D

Feel free to download and play it. And give feedback!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yatsekonn